forum rating your characters averagely because I'm bored (thank you for participating!)
Started by @tomat brightness_7
tune

people_alt 83 followers

@tomat brightness_7

as the title says. send me one of your characters and I'll rate them from 0 to 100 based on their page sections. I'll be as honest and/or nice as I can.

@tomat brightness_7

ah, Ivy. she gives me so many warm emotions. my soul is happy to see her grow.

Overview - 86/100
yay she's asexual! aces, unite!
I really like her surname, it gives off really nice and adventurous vibes, and suits her well
things like Biscuitface? Cookiemazard, for example?
that's a nice plant controlling power. when I was younger I had a similar character with this kind of magic. I wonder how does it look like. does the ivy grow out of her fingertips? hand's center? wrists?
her overview is well written, but I get a feeling that it lacks something.

Looks - 89/100
I can imagine that she's very pretty! her hair, skin and freckles… and her birthmark is really creative!
pounds? feet and inches? that doesn't tell me a thing.
"Ivy is medium height, not tall, but not small either. She is quite thin, but not so thin that you notice it." - that part made me smirk a bit. "Butter is buttery, not lardy, but not creamy either. It's quite liquid, but not so liquid that you notice it."
ah, green eyes, green powers. what a nice trope. and bonus points for outfit of the same color. I admit, I've done that too. even though it's a cliché, I really enjoy it.

Nature - 83/100
I like her. a lot. I want to be her friend. I want to pat her back. oh I'd surely hang out with her. I imagine us writing and goofing around.
wait, who the heck is Maud and why are they dead
never liked boys. that's sadly understandable and relatable.
uhh, I wouldn't want to get into a fight with her.
I'm sending her my carrier parrot with a letter full of hearts

Social - 79/100
I understand that she's an atheist. I admire that she thinks logically and relies on science in these topics.
green! again!
those foods she doesn't like are very specific (especially that seafood is the best, duh). is there a reason behind them?
she's younger than me but she'd definitely beat me up. I'm kinda jealous. and terrified.

History - 65/100
an orphan heroine. it's kinda sad that more parents die than live in books.
her history could be more developed, but I think that all major points are checked.

Family - 100/100
STICK INSECTS STICK INSECTS STICK INSECTS

Ivy really reminds me of my older OC. I think this is why I like her so much! I'm excited to hear about her story more. overall, she's a well written character, but can be fleshed out more. but if those pieces of information are enough for you, there's no need to overwrite her.
average - 84/100

Ivy is:
84% likely to be my friend
68% likely to by my lover
95% likely to be my party member
47% likely to be my enemy

@tomat brightness_7

ooh, Aurelius is looking good. I already like him.

Overview - 60/100
Aurelius Runesong. I love that name. it sounds so well, all the 'r's and 's'es are like a warm knife cutting through butter. the 'ng' part is similar to Mother's hands putting me to sleep. marvelous.
"Auri" oh my that's so cute
I get a feeling that his overview is unfinished, maybe it's because mine are overdeveloped.

Looks - 79/100
ahh, pounds and feets… cries in european
mmm, blue eyes, dark hair. very pretty!
"ghost-like" skin? I don't think that's healthy. is it naturally pale or is he anemic?

Nature - 90/100
I absolutely admire the thought put into his speech. it's so detailed and well-written. I don't see many sections about characters' voices and speeches, so whenever I see one, I'm really glad.
oh, he really is anemic. and also has many other problems. I hope he recovers well throughout his story.
motivations (hmmm, who's Valkyrie?) and everything down from here is good, clearly written, and simple. me likey.

More personality - 95/100
ah, yes, putting on weight. I feel you, my dude, I feel you.
an optimistic pessimist? I've never related to such words more.
wait who's Nox and why does she have such a rad name
parents died nods with acknowledgment
that's a creative field, I appreciate it! I might do something like this on my character pages, if I may ^-^

Social - 80/100
dragon nursery! I love this guy! but how does one gets fired from this job
your names are so beautifully sounding, I'm impressed.
I also love dragons, he's getting close to be my friend

Family - 99/100
oh so THAT'S Nox! do you have any photos? I want to see her!

History - 100/100
I want to be raised with dragons
another orphan hero. condolences.
I'm glad that he's recovered a bit. I wish him a happy life.
he wants to finish his mother's work, wow. I think I'll start calling him 'my dear' now.

Other facts - 95/100
aces, unite again!
can I steal his cloak?
likes and dislikes - understandable. another reason to call him 'my dear'

I like him. I like him a lot and I'd like to know more about his story (BONUS POINTS: DRAGONS). the only thing that I'd do on his character page is to write something more on his overview section, because it seems small compared to his other sections. but as I said, I tend to overdevelop things, so do as you please. and you also don't have to listen to advices of a mediocre, carefree teenager.
average - 87/100

Aurelius is:
90% likely to be my friend
78% likely to by my lover
60% likely to be my party member
50% likely to be my enemy

@squiddicus language

Thanks for the ratings, tomat! One thing I should probably clarify is that I started working on Ivy's universe like 3 years before I found this website…so a lot of the things like the random mention of Maud are put in there because they're in the story and I couldn't be bothered elaborating haha. (Plus, her character is so developed in my mind from years of her being in my life that it's hard to translate that into a written description). Thanks so much for doing this, anyway! Your ratings gave me some stuff to improve on and it's nice to see what people like about Ivy's character!

@tomat brightness_7

Ooooh! Do you think you could do Sparrow?? Sparrow Kingslayer

Sparrow! I'm so happy to see her again! is she doing well? I just love how many great characters you've created, keep doing your best!

Overview - 70/100
real age unknown? I'm guessing 3,637
doesn't have a surname? hmm, she's getting more and more mysterious.
maybe that's not not related strictly to her, but the name "God Challenger" is superior to any other god related ones

Looks - 85/100
Immortal! did I guess her age right?
is disappoint in kg and cm
I admire that you broke down all her face features into separate fields on her page. It's easy to read this and it gives a clear picture of her.
overall she's really beautiful. I really want to hug her. can I?

Nature - 90/100
you really did a great job in mannerisms! I've never seen such detailed descriptions before. thanks to them I feel like I know her from real life. keep up the good work.
that's some truly beautiful motivations chef's kiss
sword fighting? why do characters younger than me/my age can fight with such weapons? (tomat, you have a whole race who gives their children first knives when they are 3.) that's wild, right?
the rest is well-written. the King God serves a good mysterious part. is it to late to say that I like your writing style? I hope not

Personality - 99/100
I have nothing much to say here, to be honest. the more I read, the more I see her as a real person, not just white words on a gray background. good job, I'll say that again.

Voice - 40/100
I assume that this section isn't finished. I hope you'll fill it as soon as possible!

Social - 85/100
I'm glad that you added a reason behind her favorite color! some people miss that, even though it's more important that it seems.
I just imagine a small girl walking down the street, holding a literal sword. (tomat, your race.) that would be wild, right?
I'd like to hang out with her in a forest next to my hometown.

History - 40/100
tell me when you have her background ready to read, and I'll be honored to get to know her more!

Inventory - 75/100
it's nice that you described her clothing so well. I'd like to see her other outfits, though!

Medical - 100/100
bonus points for such a creative section! I'll say it again - everything is well-written, and that's all there is to it!

Quotes - 90/100
you've piqued my interest. give me more.

I assume that other sections aren't fully developed, so I'll refrain from rating these ones. nonetheless, I must admit that Sparrow can be considered a character that's ready to be put in your story! I imagine her fighting with her sword and making a perfect duo with Thaddeus as her teacher, and becoming more and more excellent in what she loves to do. I hope that she fulfills her dreams and becomes a God Killer (hmm… but is it really something that she wants? maybe the act of slaying the King God has unforeseen consequences…)
average - 77/100

Sparrow is:
69% likely to be my friend
50% likely to by my lover
98% likely to be my party member
59% likely to be my enemy

Deleted user

Would you mind rating Kelly for me? I'm curious to see what someone who hasn't been in a roleplay with him would think, but no pressure! ^^
Apologies in advance for a bunch of character names you won't know. Some are my characters, some are my friend's. They're mostly listed there for my own personal reference!

@tomat brightness_7

uh here's my boy juniper. do what you will.

no introduction words, I'm jumping right into it

Overview - 90/100
so, Juniper Hirsch. I think I've heard that name before
💜💚❤️Frogs❤️💚💜
aces, unite!
that's a whole story behind his other names! not only you said who uses them, but you also added how does he feel about them!

Looks - 95/100
I really didn't expect his eyes to change from such a dark color to a bright one. That makes it even cooler
feet
FANCY EARS FANCY EARS
WHY IS HE SO COOL
h e p r e t t y
oohh, he's a siren! that explains everything, I love him

Nature - 89/100
I relate to them too much. The hand mannerisms, hobbies (maybe excluding collecting sea glass), and that sentence - "they just don't understand the hype over getting overly emotional about things." it's so me. they can be my soulmate. they can be my child.

Social - 85/100
to not have a favorite food because all of them are to one's liking is to achieve the transcendent view on humane world
the more I read about them the more I love them
"The world's all going to hell anyway." - those are one of the truest words I've ever read, right next to that one tumblr post "Pros and Cons of making things"

History - 50/100
ooh, I hoped I'll read more about his history and maybe his species! I understand that writing backstories can be tiring, so if you ever write one about Juniper, tell me.

Family - 80/100
I've always wanted a lizard

Notes - 99/100
indeed, he's absolutely perfect.
mmm, nice outfit
I may or may not listen to his playlist in my free time, I'll probably forget about it. but judging from the artists I know, I guess it's a roller coaster

I am sending my carrier parrot to him, and I hope that she'll come back holding him in her claws so I can hug him and tell him that I adore him and I want the best for him. overall, from a writer's POV, he's an interesting and unique character! if I had time I'd read every story with him. I hope that in the future he'll become a fully developed and well-known figure.
average - 84/100

Juniper is:
97% likely to be my friend
90% likely to by my lover
61% likely to be my party member
39% likely to be my enemy

@trainwreck404 group

Juniper is:
97% likely to be my friend
90% likely to by my lover
61% likely to be my party member
39% likely to be my enemy

I'm so glad you like him, my dude! I will 100% let you know once I have a better backstory for him. (Also, Juniper's based off of a friend of mine, so I'll let him know you liked him.)

@Tidermelon group

My apologies, I’m not completely familiar with how to link things in text, so I’ll just give you the link: Shade

Shade’s a bit different than all of the previous ones here, since she’s actually an animal character rather than a human — the orizore are a highly intelligent mountainous species on the planet Reesflon capable of rational thought and sentience. They have fur and wings and are usually black or a shade of gray, with brightly colored purple or red stripes, since their prey can only see in the yellow/blue spectrum. They usually have one horn, maybe two aligned vertically, which they use to spear their prey since they would hurt their paws if they used those. The orizore have thick skulls to compensate for head damage and long tails and strong hind legs to compensate for this extra weight. (Orizore don’t have last names, since they don’t really have technology or anything like that. They’re a simple people.)

Also, she’s primarily used in roleplays, so her profile is missing details on purpose to prevent my friends (who have accounts on here and read my stuff) from seeing spoilers. I assure you, she has some really interesting things in her Private Notes.

Deleted user

(Just wanted to let you know that you can link through text with [brackets around what you want to be linked](and parenthesis to enclose the link). You can also quote other people's posts to see how other features like that work c: )

@glowingwithpride

This right here is my girl Piper

She's one main character of six but I guess you could say she's the leader of the group in a sense? But not really but also kind of, idk it's hard to explain without giving away major story details

I get that you're probably really overwhelmed with everyone else's characters so feel free to leave her for last lol, like oh my god that's a lot-
You're very good at this!

@tomat brightness_7

Discord or $|.?~¥$ have fun

Discord. mysterious vibes. I can sense black and dark purple mist around their persona. as I touch it, the haze surrounds me, and takes me into the navy blue ocean's depth.

Overview - 99/100
Puppet Master. that's an interesting role. I imagine them as a god who rules over the world and has everything in their hands
I wonder what system the Aieou language has (it's a language, right?). were the symbols assigned randomly or do they have another meaning behind them?
Numine Divus sounds even more interesting. what exactly is this? I'd like to see a short explanation (or maybe that's something you don't need to explain yet, that's understandable).
the more I read about them the more confused and engaged I am
"Persuasive. Violent. Sarcastic. Sadistic. Smile. Sweet. Sister. Surprise. Service."
caring? that question mark is tingling me

Looks - 95/100
I think I should open a new tab and check how many pounds and feet are kilograms and meters to have some basic idea of how much space these characters occupy
now I know they're smol
heterochromia, cool!
they have so many colors
what's Malfekete again?
wings and a horn? they're getting even cooler
wait let me count the wingspan really quick… OH that's big, how do they even move their wing?
even more colors… they sure are chaos
wow that scar is disturbing

Nature - 83/100
I swear I get more and more confused but I think it's confusing in a good way
oh so caring is a flaw, that's why it had a question mark earlier
is fashion sense a talent?
I know that your names here are important, but in some places they could be explained more, especially in 'Alignment'.
those lollipops popped out of nowhere
I like the 'Morals' field a lot. it made me nod with understanding. I'm starting to like Discord.
this section is well-written, really, but some places aren't that clear as I said before. you could work on that sometime.

Social - 91/100
they're both Malfakete of Corruption and Malfakete of Chaos. I have no idea what's the difference.
oh so the lollipops popped out of here
nice choice of weapons

History - 74/100
THAT'S TOO MANY CHILDREN
that would be nice if you also wrote their history from others' POV. it would be complementary and also the readers will have more knowledge than from a one-sided story

Family - 100/100
their 'pets' are mythical monsters, oh my I'm jealous

Notes - 99/100
I love that you are thinking about two endings, that's rare. I enjoy stories in which readers interpret the plot themselves, so bonus points!

Discord is indeed a mysterious character. they beam with that dark vibe which I admire. their descriptions in some places could be a bit clearer, but if you write only for yourself, it's okay to have some things understandable for you only. as a character, they seem well developed (even though the design is quite chaotic - but I assume that you did this on purpose ^-^). I hope that their story will someday see the outside world!
average - 91/100

Discord is:
43% likely to be my friend
25% likely to by my lover
79% likely to be my party member
71% likely to be my enemy

@Personwhowrites group

Thanks! I'm glad you're interested in them. They're supposed to be a confusing character lol. There are some things I still need to develop more but I'm working on it. I'm trying to make them as complicated as possible without ruining the plot.

@tomat brightness_7

Would you mind rating Kelly for me? I'm curious to see what someone who hasn't been in a roleplay with him would think, but no pressure! ^^
Apologies in advance for a bunch of character names you won't know. Some are my characters, some are my friend's. They're mostly listed there for my own personal reference!

so he's a roleplay character, I see. I've noticed all the roleplayers out there since my arrival to notebook. I must try RPing someday, too, it looks fun, but quite slow-paced. okay, let's go with this.

Overview - 88/100
a hunter. sounds good.
age written in letters I'm shook
oh, Colson Baker, I knew I've seen this face somewhere!
I'm impressed that you wrote down and remembered his date of creation. I, at the utmost, can say I had a first passing idea of my characters somewhere in 2017.

Appearance - 91/100
'ectomorphic', what a hard word
'gunmetal' is such a powerful adjective for an eye color
his hunting clothing is really creative! I'm curious about his mask. I can imagine it in my mind, but I'd like to see it in real life (even though it's probably not going to happen)
wow those tattoos sound quite painful (I like the Icarus one the most)
I see that his scars are hidden behind his tattoos, but maybe you could describe them better? how do they look like? or is there too many of them to describe each and every one?

Nature - 100/100
I think you misspelled 'ENFP'
ignoring random names
"like smearing blood across a bookshelf so the part-timer who once stabbed him with a spoon would have to clean it" w h a t
his behavior is written with an uncommon lightness that set me out into the sea which waves frame my body and carry into an unexpected adventure
another character with good motivations chef's kiss
Quin has piqued my interest
ah yes, plot protection. one rule to rule them all.
you write so clearly, you check all the important points, you give consistent informations. I'm impressed
the existence of 'Writing sample' field is so clever
that's such a model section! I can't even describe how smoothly I was reading everything about him. I can say that I know Kelly like we've been acquaintances/co-workers for 47 years.

Social - 87/100
ignoring names once again
knives!
that handgun, flashlight, and damnation room thingies are super interesting clap clap, do you have more information about them?
Russian's such a funny language

History - 96/100
ah, that unfortunate nineteenth birthday. it always gets harder from this point forward.
…that is NOT nice.
Bates, this guy. can't let a poor person recover from a tragedy.
YOU CAN NEVER TRUST A DEMON
good motives, good motives.
why do you share his secrets, he'll be angry

his descriptions are one of the best I've seen on this website, I'll say again that I'm impressed! he himself is also a well developed character. everything was nice to read and I think that you don't have to work on him more. great job!
average - 92/100

Kelly is:
59% likely to be my friend
29% likely to by my lover
78% likely to be my party member
90% likely to be my enemy

Deleted user

Overview - 88/100
a hunter. sounds good.
age written in letters I'm shook
oh, Colson Baker, I knew I've seen this face somewhere!
I'm impressed that you wrote down and remembered his date of creation. I, at the utmost, can say I had a first passing idea of my characters somewhere in 2017.

The site I roleplay on gives out points based on activity, so I save the dates of all my characters to keep track of their individual points ^^
Although we somewhat recently moved to one collective point system, so I suppose it's not as necessary anymore. Still, it's fun to celebrate their 'birthdays'!

Appearance - 91/100
'ectomorphic', what a hard word
'gunmetal' is such a powerful adjective for an eye color
his hunting clothing is really creative! I'm curious about his mask. I can imagine it in my mind, but I'd like to see it in real life (even though it's probably not going to happen)
wow those tattoos sound quite painful (I like the Icarus one the most)
I see that his scars are hidden behind his tattoos, but maybe you could describe them better? how do they look like? or is there too many of them to describe each and every one?

I made a very rough image of what his mask would look like. It'd be slightly more ornamental and the gold more subtle, with the white and a lighter gray background to make it look almost mummified!

And there are way too many scars to describe word for word lol. Icarus covers up a nasty-looking bite scar from a vampire, the devil's trap an attempted stab wound, and the hellhound an old surgery incision from when he broke his knee, to name a few. I'll find a way to add that to his page :3

Nature - 100/100
I think you misspelled 'ENFP'
ignoring random names
"like smearing blood across a bookshelf so the part-timer who once stabbed him with a spoon would have to clean it" w h a t
his behavior is written with an uncommon lightness that set me out into the sea which waves frame my body and carry into an unexpected adventure
another character with good motivations chef's kiss
Quin has piqued my interest
ah yes, plot protection. one rule to rule them all.
you write so clearly, you check all the important points, you give consistent informations. I'm impressed
the existence of 'Writing sample' field is so clever
that's such a model section! I can't even describe how smoothly I was reading everything about him. I can say that I know Kelly like we've been acquaintances/co-workers for 47 years.

Indeed I did, thanks for pointing that out!

And yeaaah, the part-timer (Sivik) is part of a supernatural terrorist organization, so to some degree, it was deserved. Also, Kelly was salty because he'd literally just been stabbed by Sivik's friend, Mary, who's one of the strongest mutants in existence.

Quin's the healer (shadow castor) for the hunters. He's actually half-human, half-siren, which both Kelly and the leader of the organization are aware of. But yeah, he constantly exploits his powers in his YouTube channel (a mixture of vlogs and song covers), meaning his entire community is basically in love with him despite having no clue what he looks like.

Thank you, I thought showcasing how they behave through actual writing would be interesting :P

Social - 87/100
ignoring names once again
knives!
that handgun, flashlight, and damnation room thingies are super interesting clap clap, do you have more information about them?
Russian's such a funny language

Knives!!

There's more information on the hunter page of the site I roleplay on under 'weapon bank' (it's right before the list of hunters and underneath the point system on the right). My friend is the one who came up with all the cool weapon designs! She plays the leader, so she's quite literally in charge of the hunter page…and everything else, currently, because the site has been dead for over a year lol.

Fair warning if you decide to browse—a lot of things are currently outdated (including character bios) because, as I said, the site's dead other than the two of us and she's the one who does all the coding!

History - 96/100
ah, that unfortunate nineteenth birthday. it always gets harder from this point forward.
…that is NOT nice.
Bates, this guy. can't let a poor person recover from a tragedy.
YOU CAN NEVER TRUST A DEMON
good motives, good motives.
why do you share his secrets, he'll be angry

Things get worse before they get better lol. Let's just say there's another deal to be made in the near future…

And not to worry, I know his weaknesses better than I know my own—

his descriptions are one of the best I've seen on this website, I'll say again that I'm impressed! he himself is also a well developed character. everything was nice to read and I think that you don't have to work on him more. great job!
average - 92/100

Kelly is:
59% likely to be my friend
29% likely to by my lover
78% likely to be my party member
90% likely to be my enemy

This means so much to me, ahhhh. Kelly originally started out as a two-sentence bio, throwaway character so I could participate in the hunter plots. But then he kinda just started evolving on his own, and now he's one of my all-time favorites and very close to my heart!!

I'm honestly thrilled to hear you like him! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this <3