forum ask my superpowered characters things!
Started by @trainwreck404 group
tune

people_alt 62 followers

@NathanU

Ayyy fellow superhero writer :DD

Got three questions for Simon
1) How badly does your lactose intolerance affect you when you consume dairy…? >_>;
2) What was your first time time-travelling with your super speed?
3) Did you ever get stuck while trying to phase through something?

@trainwreck404 group

Ayyy fellow superhero writer :DD

Got three questions for Simon
1) How badly does your lactose intolerance affect you when you consume dairy…? >_>;
2) What was your first time time-travelling with your super speed?
3) Did you ever get stuck while trying to phase through something?

Simon: Oh dear god. Lactose intolerance is not fun, but I usually have pretty bad stomach pain for maybe an hour if I don't take lactase. That combined with having to eat a lot for my metabolism is really not fun, so we always have pills stocked.
Time-traveling for the first time was terrifying. I'd already gotten used to my powers, so I was probably 20-21ish. I went out with my friends one night and decided, "hey you know what would be fun? trying to go faster." and all of a sudden, I was in the 1970s. I panicked for a moment and luckily I was able to get back as fast as I left because I think if I stayed any longer, I would have been stuck there.
Surprisingly no! I've gotten close and I've lost bits of jackets and shoelaces from phasing, but I personally have never gotten stuck. Thank god.

(and yay fellow superhero writer! I'll have to check your characters out too!)

@trainwreck404 group

For all: What is your biggest regret?

Simon: Not telling my parents about this whole superheroing gig before they passed. I wished they knew. My dad would have totally been the kind of dude to go, "that's my kid!" when he saw us on the news.
CJ: Not being able to save my brother. I miss him so much.
Logan: Coming out to Madeline. I don't really want to talk about it.
Dean: Letting my brother go out on his own and die. If only I'd held him back for another month.
Henry: I sure wish I'd found this family sooner. I really care for them and especially during college, they would have been extremely helpful.

Madeline: Letting Logan get away. Although I do love Peter.
Ava: Ever trusting Luci.
Peter: No regrets! I'm doing just fine.
James: Not being able to save Ava from Luci. God, I wish I was there to help.
Xavier: Not getting up to the surface sooner! This place is great! So many humans' lives to fuck over!

(Bonus - Matter Man: T̴̤͚̉̂͑́͘͝r̸̫̭̣̺͇̫̀́͜͜u̴̧̼̗̦̞͗̑̾̀̂̕̕͜͝š̸̻͆͛̈́t̵̜̙̱̠͇̠̟̭̦̄̔̓̉͗̀̈́͠͝ì̸̼͜n̴̜̩̽̊̐̿̑́͑g̸̺̯̉̅̂̀̑͝ ̸̗̑̚h̷͇̙̺̪̯͚̪͍̭̿̿̉̉̀̈́̕è̷̢̹̗̠̜̬͔̤̀͒̈́̀͘͜ṙ̴͉͍̳̌̋̒͌͂͜.̷̛̛̼͎̥͓̤͉̆̀̈́̈́̂)

@Fairlyodd

I kinda wanna ask what CJ's favourite animal is.

Also, does Henry have a favourite musical?

(Simon is a whole mood I can't lie.)

@trainwreck404 group

I kinda wanna ask what CJ's favourite animal is.

Also, does Henry have a favourite musical?

(Simon is a whole mood I can't lie.)

CJ: …
Henry: You'll regret that.
CJ: Okay, so! Carnivorous animals are automatically the cool ones because they can do a lot more than something like, you know, rabbits. However, there's always the consideration of "is my favorite animal my favorite in general?" or "is my favorite animal my favorite to turn into?" or even "is my favorite animal the most useful in battle?" because they're all extremely different! Also, large birds are just generally cool and I could genuinely sit there and watch them fly around just to watch their wings, and I also really like flying, so predator birds are probably my favorite to turn into, although! If we include mythical creatures into the mix, even though I can't turn into them, I really like dragons and draconequi, because they're badass! But then there's cats, which are really cool regardless of their predatory status…
Henry: I'll cut them off now because you will be here forever if I don't. Favorite musical? I have a few, but currently I'm really into Phantom of the Opera again. It's such a classic and the music's fantastic. I also have a soft spot for Hello Dolly! since that was my favorite show that I did in high school.
Simon: Also thanks for calling me a mood!

Deleted user

Got some questions!
For Simon:
1.) Do you hate guns or something?
2.)Why did you leave Catholicism?
3.)What made you go for a Gender Studies degree?
For CJ:
1.)Do you miss your brother?
2.)Why is your hero name Stardust?
3.)Do you have any pets?
For Logan:
1.)If you don't like a beard, do you think you could handle mutton chops or a soul patch or a mustache or even a goatee?
2.)If you want your freedom, why are you all for gun control?
3.)Why is your face always covered in Band-Aids?
For Dean:
1.)If it came to protecting only one of the people on your team, who would you protect?
2.)If you could bring your mom back, would you? Even if it cost you everything you had?
3.)What is your favourite memory?
For Henry:
1.)What's it like being an ESFJ (that doesn't have depression like me)?
2.)If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
3.)What's your favourite meme (assuming you have one)?
I will probably be back later with questions for villains!

@trainwreck404 group

@Celes_Chere_343

Simon: Ey, that's a ton of questions! Thanks! Uh, I kinda hate guns? I mean that's Dean's whole shtick, but also gun control is important and I'm not good with loud noises anyway. It's a weird relationship. I left Catholicism 'cause I grew up Catholic and it was just really jarring when the church community I grew up in suddenly hated me when I came out. Bad vibes all around. I went for a Gender Studies degree genuinely because I'm queer and I thought it'd be interesting, but also because I had no clue where I wanted to go with my life and gender studies opened a bunch of doors! CJ's turn!
CJ: Okay! Yes, absolutely I miss him. I have nightmares about his death and when I have panic attacks his death kinda plays on repeat in my head. I may not have liked my parents much, but I was pretty close with him. Moving on 'cause I'm about to cry, I picked Stardust because I couldn't think of any good names that matched my powers! It's kinda dumb, but I thought Stardust sounded much cooler than like…Animal Whisperer or something. And no, I do not have any pets. I've always wanted a dog, so we might get one, but most of our team is cat people, and Dean's allergic to cats, so we're a contradictory bunch!
Logan: Oh I have questions too! Um, maybe a mustache? I don't know, I just don't think I'd look good with facial hair, and I'm always worried I'll look like a kid with like, those prosthetics they use in high school theatre programs. I was never a gun kind of person, my parents weren't gun people, so I never really considered having a gun as being part of my freedom. Guns also casually terrify me. And for the last one, I am extremely accident prone. I trip down our stairs like once a day and I have broken my nose twice in life.
Dean: Oh Christ, my turn. That is a terrible question to start with, and in that scenario, I'd try to save everybody anyway, but I'd most likely save Simon first because they could help me save everybody else. This'll sound really awful, but no, I wouldn't. At this point, I associate her with a lot of bad memories growing up, even though my actual memories of her are really good, so if I were to ever see her again, I'd only see myself but everything I never wanted to be, so I'd just be really dysphoric and uncomfortable. Favorite memory is definitely the feeling of freedom after my dad died. That also sounds awful, but I couldn't give a shit about my dad, so whatever. Henry, you're up.
Henry: Lovely! I never cared much about my Myers-Briggs, I'm much more of a zodiac and Hogwarts House kind of guy, so I guess I'm alright? If I could change my past, it'd probably be to care a little less about myself in high school. I was extremely self-absorbed for awhile and I screwed over a couple of friendships that I wish I could I fixed. And I'm particularly fond of the English dub of Ghost Stories, which is a meme in of itself.
Simon: Thank you much for the questions!

@trainwreck404 group

To all:
Pineapple on pizza or no?
What's your greatest achievement?

Simon: Not particularly? Mostly because I just don't like pineapple. But greatest achievement is definitely getting this team together. I'm so proud of each and every one of us.
CJ: Absolutely! I like weird combinations. My greatest achievement is turning into a dragon that one time. I didn't think that was a thing I could do and then I did it.
Logan: No pineapple, sorry. Personally, not sure if this counts as an achievement, but getting away from Madeline and becoming a part of this family.
Dean: Absolutely not, pineapple on pizza is disgusting, and greatest achievement is managing to stay in my relationship without fucking it up too much.
Henry: Yes, because I really like pineapple. Greatest achievement for me is getting my face on the front of TIME magazine. It was the whole team, but like…I'm still on there.
Madeline: Pizza is so pedestrian and pineapple is disgusting, so no. And my greatest achievement is getting this far in life without ever once getting in jail.
Ava: I don't particularly like pizza, so that's a no on pineapple on it. My greatest achievement is living long enough to get married.
Peter: Pineapple is disgusting and my greatest achievement is…uh…I'm not sure. I wasn't prepared for this kind of question. Learning what my powers can really do, I guess.
(Bonus: Matter Man: Pineapple sucks ass! Greatest achievement is getting a dude who claimed he was straight to have sex with me anyway. And then he cheated on me with my ex, but screw that.)
James: Pineapple's alright, I guess. I just don't like pizza much. My greatest achievement would have to be staying sober for the last couple of months. Ava helped me out a lot, and I don't want to end up like my dad.
Xavier: Pineapple on pizza is one of the extremely strange human creations that I don't hate, and also I just enjoy causing controversy, so yes on pineapple. Greatest achievement is fucking over Ava's life so much that she still has nightmares about me. You're welcome, sweetheart.
(These questions were really fun, thank you!

@trainwreck404 group

To the team:
Where do y'all see yourselves in like, 20 or 30 years?

(i'm assuming you meant for everyone? so i'll just let everyone answer)
Simon: I'd like to settle down at some point & have kids, so maybe retired from superheroing and just hanging out with my kiddos.
CJ: See, I'd also like to have kids, but I don't think I could ever retire. I'll be saving people as long as I can! So probably superheroing but with a family back home.
Logan: Finally comfortable in my own body, maybe with a partner. I don't particularly want kids, but maybe we'd have a cat.
Dean: Settled down with kids and dogs. Simple as that.
Henry: Still kicking supervillain ass. I'm not giving this up until I'm old and gray.
Madeline: Ruling the world as an anarchist dystopia.
Ava: Sitting in a small house somewhere with James and our kids, maybe a cat, and just living a quiet life.
Peter: At Aphrodite's side while she rules the world, obviously.
(Matter Man: I'd never give up this fame and glory! I don't need this stupid team and I'll be kicking ass until the day I die. VS. Shift: I don't know where I see myself next week, dude. We're taking baby steps.)
James: With Ava and our kids. I don't know if we'd have a dog or a cat, maybe both, but definitely pets. The super life is far behind us and we can have some semblance of normal.
Xavier: Ruling Hell on Earth, possibly with Madeline, but if she gets in my way, I wouldn't hesitate to take her out of the picture.

@NathanU

(I-I meant the good guys, the team of superheroes Simon put together, but ok :v)

@trainwreck404 group

(I-I meant the good guys, the team of superheroes Simon put together, but ok :v)

ah sorry! i consider them both teams so i got confused!

Deleted user

Who is generally there for CJ when and if they have anxiety attacks?

@trainwreck404 group

CJ: Hi there! Usually Henry and Simon are there first because they've known me longer, but I think Dean is starting to figure out my tells too. I've only had two anxiety attacks in the field, but it was absolutely terrifying both times. Henry noticed immediately and had Simon basically yeet us somewhere that didn't involve fighting for my life so that he could help calm me down. They're all really helpful though! Thanks for asking.

Deleted user

CJ: Hi there! Usually Henry and Simon are there first because they've known me longer, but I think Dean is starting to figure out my tells too. I've only had two anxiety attacks in the field, but it was absolutely terrifying both times. Henry noticed immediately and had Simon basically yeet us somewhere that didn't involve fighting for my life so that he could help calm me down. They're all really helpful though! Thanks for asking.

CJ,
I'm really sorry you have to endure that, but I'm really happy you have friends who you trust and can help :)

Deleted user

Allrighty! Back with questions for villain team! (Sorry if they're awful or hard to answer)
For Madeline:
1.) Ok, I've got to ask: do six-inch-heels hurt? At least at first?
2.) If your parents had paid you any attention when you were younger, would you life be different now?
For Ava:
1.) What is your ideal form of government? (monarchy, aristocracy, oligarky (idk how to spell that sorry), dictatorship, etc.)
2.) Are you happy with the fact that Madeline dragged you into villainy? If she had left you alone, would you have gone on with your life and been happy?
For Peter:
1.) If you could, would you save yourself instead of waiting around to be saved?
2.) If Madeline allowed you to have dogs, how many would you have?
For James:
1.) If you could choose your power instead of being stuck with "boring" telekinesis, what would you pick?
2.) How do you feel about being a villain?
For Xavier:
1.) What is your favourite Halloween costume that you've put on (or even just seen)?
2.) You hate angels…how does that relate to Ava and having to work on the team with her?

@trainwreck404 group

@You-May-Call-Me-Marth

(tw // mentions of physical/emotional abuse)

Madeline: Of course they fucking hurt, they're supposed to. You know what they say: no pain, no gain. At this point, I'm too used to them, but I used to wish I could use my powers on myself to numb the pain. Lots of nights spent wrapping my ankles in bandages. And Jesus Christ, what is this, a therapy appointment? Probably not, I would have just grown up as a rich spoiled brat, which isn't much different than I am now, maybe just without a bit of murder. At my core, I'm simply irredeemable; no way around it.

Ava: Those are some loaded questions. I'd guess democracy? Most of the other forms of government involve certain groups of people being in charge, and as history tends to repeat itself, humans would slowly make the rich and powerful more rich and powerful while taking wealth and power away from the ones who need it, so I think democracy, or at least a cleaner democracy than whatever the fuck the American government is right now, is the safest way to go, but no government is entirely free from corruption, and that's a whole other conversation. I am absolutely not happy with Madeline dragging me into this. I had a plan in life. I was going to become a doctor and marry some other doctor and we were going to be wealthy but not too wealthy, wealthy enough to comfortably support children and still continuously donate to important organizations. But of course, Madeline just saw a vulnerable nerd and thought, "hey, let's fuck her life over" and she took me under her non-existent wing. deep breath I will admit, I would not have had the family that I currently have without Madeline's interference, but I do believe that I would have been happy without any of this, just maybe not quite as happy as I currently am, but that's in no way thanks to them.

Peter: If you'd asked me either of those questions ten minutes ago when Aphrodite was still around, you would have gotten much different answers, but as I think you're going for honest me, she's letting me speak freely, but you know, Xavier's still in the corner watching my every move just to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Absolutely I'd save myself if I could, but that's impossible. I hate that I have to just sit here and hope that someday my former teammates will find a way to save me, but Aphrodite has failsafes in her brainwashing, because of course she fucking does. If I could have dogs, I'd like to have two. That's a reasonable amount, right? That's never gonna happen though. She wants to be the primary source of my happiness. Let her know if you want my answers according to her though. Honestly, some days it feels like there're three different versions of me.

James: Ooh, I get interesting questions. Especially after being around a bunch of other superpowered individuals, I've seen a bunch of interesting power sets, and I think I'd most want something like super speed. It's versatile in battle and in everyday life, and Simon seems to really enjoy it. They talk with Ava all the time, so I hear things. As for villainy, it's…a lot. I won't say it's never what I wanted, because that's not true. I got into villainy because of who I became after the trauma of dealing with my father. If you'd asked me that a couple of years ago, I would have said, "fuck yeah, being a villain kicks ass!" and I would have chugged a bottle of champagne, but as who I am now, I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd prefer the label of antihero.

Xavier: Favorite that I've worn myself, although it wasn't quite "wearing", was when I just walked around as my true demon form for the night. Burned out several hundred peoples' eyes and it was quite exhilarating. Favorite that I've seen is anyone who has made their own set of moving wings. I've seen several and they're all very well made. And I don't give out compliments likely. As for Ava, I don't like to think of myself as working with her. We happen to be on the same team. I senselessly abused them for years, partially because of their angel status and having an angel practically obeying my every whim is every demon's dream and partially because they were just so fun to fuck with, so I'll never see them as a "teammate". She's one of God's little pests and she's my puppet; she has no power over me.