forum 2020 Art Secret Santa ❆
Started by @Katastrophic group
tune

people_alt 71 followers

@Katastrophic group

Hey guys! I asked and you all wanted to participate, so here we go ^_^

This will work as a normal Secret Santa (you get a name drawn to be your giftee) but the present will be art of one of their characters. All styles, skill levels, and mediums are welcome, so do your best! By signing up you are taking the responsibility of giving the art, but life does happen so we will need a few back-up artists just in case so we can make sure everyone gets their gift. That said, if something does come up please let me know so we can arrange for a back up asap. I'm going to set the tentative dates as the following:
End of sign up (I'll draw names and DM everyone): Dec. 5th
Post gifts: Dec 24-26th
Back up date?: Jan 1st

To sign up, please respond with the following template:

• Characters you would like to have drawn: Put your character reference links here, if it's a note book page please make sure it's set to public! Make sure your description or reference is in-depth enough for someone else to draw your character. Also, though only one character is expected to be drawn (more is always welcome!), please put at least two options here.
  • Back up drawer: Yes/No
  • Extra Notes: Optional, put any extra notes you would want your artist to know here.

As like the previous threads, please ask any questions but keep general chat to a minimum so I can make sure to get everyone's entries, thanks!

@Katastrophic group

My entry/example entry:

• Characters you would like to have drawn: Any of my public characters! https://www.notebook.ai/users/64349/characters
  • Back up drawer: Yes
  • Extra Notes: All my characters should have a description and a reference page, some have a sketch page that is more up-to-date/recent and I'll have all of them updated within the next week or so (let me know if there's one in particular you want to draw and I'll get their sketch page done!) :)

@larcenistarsonist group

• Characters you would like to have drawn: Uh I don't have a page for them yet so I'll just describe them real quick.

Shea Garner has really choppy and super thick red-brown hair that falls to just past her shoulders in the front, but reaches her mid-back in the back. Her hair's never styled and just falls in her face and stuff. She has a small widows peak, a pointy chin and elfish ears. She has really big violet eyes, that have this stubborn and slightly traumatized look to them. She has a small, pointy nose that's slightly turned upwards. She has really small lips and a wide and shit-eating smirk. She has relatively thin eyebrows that are a carmel brown. Her skin is a light shade of tan. Her most noticeable feature is a long, big, and ugly scar that stretches across the majority of the left side of her face. The scar is jagged and about 3/4 of an inch wide and goes from her hairline to her jaw. She cannot move the muscles on the left side of her face because of that. She's tall, about 5'9", and is very well muscled. She's also very flat. No chest or butt. Shea has long fingers and big feet. She usually wears oversized hoodies, ripped jeans, and high tops. Her expression is usually very cocky like "come at me bro" with a smirk and furrowed eyebrows.

Or! Bianca Lane. Bianca has soft, carmel brown hair in a neat bob at about her shoulders and is parted down the middle. She has sapphire blue eyes with long eyelashes. She has thin eyebrows and large lips. Her nose is small but round, has a soft jawline, and round ears. She has a pale complexion that's kind of pink around her ears and cheeks. Bianca's expression is usually very serious, her lips are usually turned downwards and her eyes slightly narrowed. She has a bunch of tiny little scars on the right side of her neck and side from an explosion. She's about 5'6" and on the thinner side. She's not as flat as Shea, but still has some curves. Bianca's hands are smaller and calloused. Her usual attire is a red leather jacket with a white t-shirt under it. She wears khaki colored jeans with a leather belt and dark brown combat boots. She wears fingerless gloves, usually has a gun or two on her sides, and has an engagement ring on her left hand.

if you need more description just ask :D

• Back up drawer: No, sorry I don't think I'll have enough time for two if life happens.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

• Characters you would like to have drawn:
    Azami
    Jax
    Peregrine
  • Back up drawer: Yes
  • Extra Notes: Optional, put any extra notes you would want your artist to know here. I included the Jolly Roger on Jax's belt in her profile, also, Peregrine's eyes are narrower than they are in the picrew.

@Exis

• Characters you would like to have drawn: Isaac and/or Reese (will update with a link once I have her page up!)
  • Back up drawer: Sure!!
  • Extra Notes: I’m not super picky, but if possible (and if the picture allows), I’d ask the artist to please refer to the mannerisms section under the ‘nature’ field of Isaac’s page for detailed information on body language in relation to mood. It's the third paragraph! I’ve also included a reference photo for his hair since I struggle with drawing hair, myself. Good luck!

@Leshierian

• Characters you would like to have drawn: Harli or Oscar
  • Back up drawer: I can't, I would if I could.
  • Extra Notes: Harli always wears his mask, he only takes it off to eat and sleep.

@moss

(hey i'd love to join but does anyone know how to link a name to picture?? Like I just wanna have my character's name here but if you click on it it'll show u the picture)

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

(I have a few characters that I'd like drawn, problem is neither of them is mine,,, one's from an AU that I'm obsessed with and the other is in my username slavkvn I don't really have that many characters on NB because I get ideas and then abandon them almost immediately)

@moss

• Characters you would like to have drawn: Nick, Ollie, or Kurt
  • Back up drawer: Probably not :(
  • Extra Notes: If you decide to draw Kurt, you don't have to draw him with a knife and their outfit isn't really accurate to what they'd wear so I'd prefer if he was dressed in some windbreaker type jacket.

@moon-dust

Merial
  • Back up drawer: Probably not :(
  • Extra Notes: Merial isn't very developed yet, but I'm still working on her

@heeey-bitchhhhhhhhhhh

Adding to the list of characters named Jay, I have my own OC named Jay. Jay is a teenage boy with black hair that fades into purple. He usually styles it into a small ponytail with his bangs kept out of it, allowing them to spread across his face. He also has brown eyes and a few freckles. He can usually be seen in a black jacket with a shirt underneath it, or simply a black hoodie, ripped black jeans, and black Converse shoes. He also has two piercings in each ear and often wears earrings in both. He's also a generally optimistic and fun boy, almost always smiling. He's also creative, and this can be seen when the shirt that he's wearing is visible (so feel free to be creative with this!). He's also 5'9".
  • Back up drawer: Yes. (I have basically zero life aside from school, have a lot of free time there, and like drawing in said free time.)
  • Extra Notes: I don't really have any. Just enjoy Jay and know that what I've said is based off of my own art style. Aside from that, I hope that everyone here likes him and that I'm not too late!

@threesacult group

I'd love to join, if this is still open!
Characters I'd like to have drawn: Jack, Quill, and/or Cyrus
Backup drawer: I probably wouldn't have time to do a second if something else comes up, sorry :(
Extra notes: I have no preference for who I'd like to have drawn, so feel free to pick any of these guys! They all have reference sheets and other drawings of them in the Gallery, so no need to read the Looks section if you don't want to. If you choose to draw Jack, you can draw him in any of the outfits that he's in in the Gallery, whichever you'd rather draw :)

I haven't exactly put up a thing bc I'm not sure if it's alright for me to essentially be requesting my art to be fanart? I don't have a whole lot of characters that I can think of detailed enough to give descriptions(It's been a hot minute since I wrote anything original kdslanv), and I really like a couple of specific characters right now so I thought it'd be okay but if it's not then I can just be a backup in case somebody needs to drop out

@Katastrophic group

I haven't exactly put up a thing bc I'm not sure if it's alright for me to essentially be requesting my art to be fanart? I don't have a whole lot of characters that I can think of detailed enough to give descriptions(It's been a hot minute since I wrote anything original kdslanv), and I really like a couple of specific characters right now so I thought it'd be okay but if it's not then I can just be a backup in case somebody needs to drop out

I'm not sure, but I don't really see a problem with it I guess? It is a gift exchange and if you want a fanart rather than art of one of your OC's then it should be fine as long there's more than one and they have references. If someone really has an issue with it I can swap the names around :)

Characters you would like to have drawn: Sky, from the Zelda AU Linked Universe(this is a more detailed reference if you need it) or Brendan from Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
Backup Drawer: Probably, really no guarantees but ask me if you need to :)
Extra Notes: I'm only going to be able to draw traditionally, so I'll be taking a picture of my drawing to my person. I hope that's alright

@InstaOnly

Lior(More recent work), Hedia, Amelia(Only have her concept art rn), Jimble, Ariam
  • Back up drawer: Most likely yes! I'll let it be known if anything comes up that would prevent me from being a backup.
  • Extra Notes: My characters I like having drawn are all over on ArtFight as well! So if you have an account and want another place to find them check out my page over there. I tried to give lots of options but feel free to draw anyone on my ArtFight if they don't appeal to you.