forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 179 followers

Deleted user

I accidentally turned my GSA into Dungeons and Dragons club soo-

oops

Y'know, more or less the same thing.

@DuckDuck487

My dad accidentally said goodnight little boy instead of girl and I just internally screamed at the top of my lungs. I'm not sure if that was a scream of disgust or happiness(more of happiness I think) but the label's different ig. I am still so very confused about my gender :]

@berlioz

My mythology teacher assigned us 3 Buzzfeed Unsolved videos to watch

3 things are great about this
-you have a mythology class at your school
-the teacher is cool
-AND you get to watch buzzfeed unsolved

Buzzfeed unsolved videos are perfect examples of local folklore tho so gg

@ZephirFox8812

I need to figure out what leadership roles and extracurricular activities I've had for prefect applications for next year but I'm having really bad amnesia and can't remember anything

Deleted user

Y'all ever just Do Not give a shit about Ed Sheeran? Like, who does actually care about that guy? Sorry there's no context for this I'm just thinking.

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

Hey dudes!
For the first time ever I’m wearing trans tape! Here are my notes so far:
Number one: I’m cold as hell, didn’t realize how much heat bras or binders keep in
Number two: feeling my shirt against my chest is so weird???
Number three: make sure you watch videos on how to apply it, don’t just guess
Number four: don’t stretch the tape when putting it on!! Instead move the tissue to where the tape can reach. This should help with avoiding rashes
Number five: there’s a lot more that you need besides just the tape, make sure you have all your supplies
Number six: check the ingredients of the healing salve and tape remover oil before you order! I discovered that I’m allergic to things in both of these and therefore can’t use them (thankfully these were extra from a friend so none of my money was wasted)
Number seven: if you can’t/don’t want to get the healing salve or tape remover oil, you can instead use Vaseline and lotion in place of the salve and baby oil in place of the removal oil this is also a lot cheaper
That’s all I have so far!
Also here’s someone’s tumblr page I found that helped me this morning when I had questions!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nothorses.tumblr.com/post/650052836864966656/transtape-a-guide/amp

Deleted user

TW: Non-explicit discussion of sexuality, transition, self hatred, suicidal thoughts, minor use of slurs in a reclaimed context.

@Becfromthedead group

I have this weird feeling that I may end up in a situation where I have the opportunity to be in a poly relationship again-
There's this person and they're very cute and I've had a (friend?) crush on them forever, and my partner has been hanging out with them, we've been to a couple of parties together, gone to a barcade, I've finally had the opportunity to hang out with them and they're super cool.
But also, if it ends up with the potential for being romantic (which I'm 100% cool if it isn't), idk what I would do.
I was in a really really toxic poly relationship a couple of years ago, and while yeah, I acknowledge that it's literally the fault of the person who joined me and my partner (she was very manipulative and admitted to sabotaging several other people), it still makes me anxious to try again.
So I mean, first I want to see where it goes, and not jump to conclusions, but also I have good ass intuition.

@EtherealDreamer

I have this weird feeling that I may end up in a situation where I have the opportunity to be in a poly relationship again-
There's this person and they're very cute and I've had a (friend?) crush on them forever, and my partner has been hanging out with them, we've been to a couple of parties together, gone to a barcade, I've finally had the opportunity to hang out with them and they're super cool.
But also, if it ends up with the potential for being romantic (which I'm 100% cool if it isn't), idk what I would do.
I was in a really really toxic poly relationship a couple of years ago, and while yeah, I acknowledge that it's literally the fault of the person who joined me and my partner (she was very manipulative and admitted to sabotaging several other people), it still makes me anxious to try again.
So I mean, first I want to see where it goes, and not jump to conclusions, but also I have good ass intuition.

I was in a poly relationship with some people, and I still want to be their friends but like they never answered me when I said I wanted out of it— so I don't know if they saw the message or not but I sent it like 3 months ago–

@DuckDuck487

On Sunday I was going to an open house for a high school and my tour group was me, my dad, another girl, and her dad. near the end she and I started talking and she is really nice and extroverted so at the end she was like "hey you're really cool can I have your Instagram". THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE CALLED ME COOL AND I HAD BIG GAY PANIC
Edit: I forgot to mention that we were going to the same camp for retreat but at different times and that she said she would send me something!!!!! She wasn't able to tho and my camp was cancelled because the camp didn't fit our school's philosophy or something like that. I guess it worked out?

Deleted user

hello all— i've never jumped in on this chat because i always felt like i'd be interrupting (ik, what??), but recently i've reached a point in my life where im just….trying to move things forward in terms of being more active in the community and figuring out how different i am after feeling a little more comfortable and 'in control' of my identity. so just to make it brief: i'm francis, & i like he/they pronouns. im in the closet at the moment, but i've been taking steps outside of my family to reintroduce myself and all that. however,,,,,i have a plan on coming out to my family (slowly) within the next week or two. so, here i am, hi. i would really appreciate any tips any of y'all have on coming out. literally anything. merci.

@EtherealDreamer

seeing as I only ever came out to my parents as bisexual and am labeled as the ✨liberal in a conservative family✨ by my own family, I cant really give good info on coming out, seeing as im not accepted by my family myself as a bisexual, im also non binary but my parents are transphobic and I highly doubt they know what non binary means so im currently in the closet too–

But I wish you the best of luck, and hope other people can give you good advice, also welcome!

@Kanaroli group

so much shit has happened since I last talked to y'all-

first of all, mornin'(est) i have a sub in class and she is really pushing my buttons by trying to get the class to be more chipper and happy to be at school. secondly, i got my first job ;v; i'm finally gonna be able to afford my own things. and thirdly, i've been considering the fact i might be poly? or maybe poly curious? idk, how did y'all figure out you were poly?

@EtherealDreamer

so much shit has happened since I last talked to y'all-

first of all, mornin'(est) i have a sub in class and she is really pushing my buttons by trying to get the class to be more chipper and happy to be at school. secondly, i got my first job ;v; i'm finally gonna be able to afford my own things. and thirdly, i've been considering the fact i might be poly? or maybe poly curious? idk, how did y'all figure out you were poly?

I figured out I was poly by accepting the fact that I was having multiple crushes at once, and if asked I could not choose between them.

I also was in a poly relationship and enjoyed it alot more than just a two person relationship so—

sorry I know its not like mind blowing but its the true way I figured it out.

@cryptic-glitch

hello all— i've never jumped in on this chat because i always felt like i'd be interrupting (ik, what??), but recently i've reached a point in my life where im just….trying to move things forward in terms of being more active in the community and figuring out how different i am after feeling a little more comfortable and 'in control' of my identity. so just to make it brief: i'm francis, & i like he/they pronouns. im in the closet at the moment, but i've been taking steps outside of my family to reintroduce myself and all that. however,,,,,i have a plan on coming out to my family (slowly) within the next week or two. so, here i am, hi. i would really appreciate any tips any of y'all have on coming out. literally anything. merci.

hi francis! im orion or shard
i don't really have any tips but i hope that you keep getting more and more comfortable <3

Deleted user

i'm in this writing group and i'm not loving the anti-polyamory subtext in some persons story. you're allowed to not want to fall for multiple people but maybe don't push your negativity into a safe space

@EtherealDreamer

i'm in this writing group and i'm not loving the anti-polyamory subtext in some persons story. you're allowed to not want to fall for multiple people but maybe don't push your negativity into a safe space

facts.

@DuckDuck487

I kinda had a realization during tennis, which was kind of the weirdest time ig haha. I noticed that I never really found someone attractive until someone pointed it out or if I started talking to someone, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but that may be demisexual. I might be demisexual.

@Becfromthedead group

Based on that explanation alone, not quite???
Of course, only you can define your sexuality, and there may be details you left out, but basically it's when you only feel attraction when there's a close emotional connection.
So the way I experience it is basically how I'm only capable of falling in love with a friend. I don't really have "celebrity crushes," and I more frequently crushed on fictional characters when I was younger especially because it feels like you know them. Not universal, but that's how it works for me personally