forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 179 followers

@EtherealDreamer

guys im literally abt to have a panic attack, I messaged someone I have a roleplay with, to check if they were okay, (they haven't answered in like a day or two) and they responded very nastily, and said that my responses make them want to quit writing in general and I just—

Im crying.

@cryptic-glitch

guys im literally abt to have a panic attack, I messaged someone I have a roleplay with, to check if they were okay, (they haven't answered in like a day or two) and they responded very nastily, and said that my responses make them want to quit writing in general and I just—

Im crying.

no no no!
your writing is beautiful. try not to take it to heart, dear. if you want, i can do a roleplay with you <3

@EtherealDreamer

Im crying.

no no no!
your writing is beautiful. try not to take it to heart, dear. if you want, i can do a roleplay with you <3

okay, I'll DM you about this so I know what I said wrong.

@spacebluelily language

Im crying.

don't listen to them. your writing is magnificent. they're just being a bitch
also i kinda wanna know who they are so i can fight them for you

@EtherealDreamer

Im crying.

thank you, im hoping the meeting for the creative writing team will make me feel better, but the 2nd part isnt necessary.

@spacebluelily language

Im crying.

thank you, im hoping the meeting for the creative writing team will make me feel better, but the 2nd part isnt necessary.

you're welcome ^^
i hope your meeting makes you feel much better
alright fine 😔

@spacebluelily language

my science teacher snapped today and called us dipshits

uhm what the fuck, can I have some context on that?? please??

uh, well, we were learning about what are some threats to biodiversity (freshman stuff, i know, but like i failed agriculture last year and now i gotta do biology. so yay) and….we weren't actually goofing around, just more like saying that humans were a big threat to biodiversity and i think we made some jokes about it?? and she snapped, called us dipshits, said that our behavior was inappropriate (it wasn't really, but whatever) that she wasn't going to deal with our shitty behavior anymore (i feel like this was directed more to a specific student than the entire class) and yeah, she just pretty much cursed us out 🙂

@EtherealDreamer

uh, well, we were learning about what are some threats to biodiversity (freshman stuff, i know, but like i failed agriculture last year and now i gotta do biology. so yay) and….we weren't actually goofing around, just more like saying that humans were a big threat to biodiversity and i think we made some jokes about it?? and she snapped, called us dipshits, said that our behavior was inappropriate (it wasn't really, but whatever) that she wasn't going to deal with our shitty behavior anymore (i feel like this was directed more to a specific student than the entire class) and yeah, she just pretty much cursed us out 🙂

wow, I feel bad but I don't, sorry to you for having to deal with that but like teaching seems very hard, and I can only imagine what she has to deal with as a highschool teacher.

So again, sorry you had to deal with that.

@spacebluelily language

wow, I feel bad but I don't, sorry to you for having to deal with that but like teaching seems very hard, and I can only imagine what she has to deal with as a highschool teacher.

oh yeah, teaching is hard
imagine teaching 7-8 classes a day, for five days a week, filled with freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
honestly, i don't think i could last a day.

@EtherealDreamer

oh yeah, teaching is hard
imagine teaching 7-8 classes a day, for five days a week, filled with freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
honestly, i don't think i could last a day.

me either to be honest, I like to think I could, but in actuality, I couldn't for sure.

@Katastrophic group

hello guys, gals, nb pals, i need some help.

so my friend came out to me about feeling a ton of gender envy and has a history of wanting to cosplay girls, making girls to play in video games, and expressing interest in "girl" hairstyles. they've related to a lot of trans memes and last week asked to be called a girl name, but now they've hit a slump and don't know whether they are trans or if they're overthinking it into making themselves trans. They're very confused on whether they actually feel like a girl or just tricking themselves into thinking they want to be (hopefully i phrased this coherently). So, with their blessing in asking for advice as neither of us know how to deal with this, any advice or thoughts/experiences with this sort of thing? It would be very much appreciated.

@EtherealDreamer

so my friend came out to me about feeling a ton of gender envy and has a history of wanting to cosplay girls, making girls to play in video games, and expressing interest in "girl" hairstyles. they've related to a lot of trans memes and last week asked to be called a girl name, but now they've hit a slump and don't know whether they are trans or if they're overthinking it into making themselves trans. They're very confused on whether they actually feel like a girl or just tricking themselves into thinking they want to be (hopefully i phrased this coherently). So, with their blessing in asking for advice as neither of us know how to deal with this, any advice or thoughts/experiences with this sort of thing? It would be very much appreciated.

dont take my word for this because I am not transgender, I am nonbinary.

But honestly I get it when I was having my first gender crisis my mindset would go from 'am I a trans man?' to 'im just faking it' within minutes.

But if they feel they are a girl, then I would advise you to do some research on that, because as I said before I am not trans, therefore I cant just be like "oh yeah, you friend is trans" so im sorry, thats the best advice I have.

@amber_is_in_a_loop

I would honestly recommend they test things out, names and pronouns and makeup and stuff. Let them decide what feels comfortable before trying to decide on a label :)

@Becfromthedead group

I agree with what everyone else has said so far. Plus, I would add that they should probably start small with new name and different pronouns, just around trusted friends to test the waters. Plus of course, incorporating whatever other "feminine" things they want into their style. Once you've come out as trans, or as anything really, it can be kind of weird if you figure out something else entirely about yourself.
And from what I've experienced and from hearing others' experiences, it's super common when you're questioning gender to be like "am I faking it?" And the answer is no. Literally unless you say you're trans with the intent of getting attention or something (which is so incredibly uncommon I've never known anyone to), you aren't faking it. You can't really fake it without knowing you're faking it.

@EtherealDreamer

So I got some eyeliner and it’s so hard to put on but at least I look great

my friend Kassie does her eyeliner everyday and she always looks jealous, but when I do mine it looks like a five year old painted on my face.

@Becfromthedead group

So I got some eyeliner and it’s so hard to put on but at least I look great

Hell yeah!
Also practice makes perfect with eyeliner. I used to absolutely suck at applying it, but I got good after doing it a bunch (and as such, failing a bunch).
(Also shoutout to NYX eyeliner for lasting me through 3 different funerals <3)

@Katastrophic group

Thanks for the advice everyone! My friend also says thank you. It really helps to have others weigh in and validate her situation, anxiety and dysphoria is not a great mix.

@EtherealDreamer

Thanks for the advice everyone! My friend also says thank you. It really helps to have others weigh in and validate her situation, anxiety and dysphoria is not a great mix.

yeah it really isnt, but tell her I said if the mix of anxiety and dysphoria gets to strong, and she feels its swallows her whole life, the to seek help either friends or a professional, because that mix of anxiety and dysphoria can cause you to do idiotic things sometimes, especially if you let it get to strong. (on the anxiety end, dysphoria seems more uncontrollable from person experience so-)