forum Potato Farming 101 (O/O)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 37 followers

Deleted user

"I wouldn't mind," Lee said, flipping through a cook book. Let's see here…. He turned through multiple pages with no idea on what he wanted for lunch that day. "Is there any kind of preference you have?"

Deleted user

"I'll eat almost anything… though I usually do something with meat in it.." said Silver, deciding to favour his wolf side.

Deleted user

"Well, you're in luck then!" Lee said, grinning. "I suppose some chicken soup should satisfy… If that's okay with you…" He leaned down from the counter to get a pot from the cabinet below.

Deleted user

"That sounds perfect" said Silver happily, "Need any help with anything?"

Deleted user

"I think you can get the ingredients," He brought the pot and filled it with water before putting it on the stove. "Everything is in the pantry there, and I can get the chicken from the freezer…"

Deleted user

Silver nodded, moving off to do exactly that. He pulled out spices, veggies, potatoes, ect. placing them on the counter he pulled a small dagger out of his boot and began chopping.

Deleted user

Lee gave him an awkward glare as he headed down the stairs to the cellar. He had a knife in his boot…. This entire time??? I better be more careful… He is, after all, still partially a stranger…. Lee went down and got the chicken from the freezer, returning to the kitchen relatively quickly.

Deleted user

Silver noted the glare, "I wasn't gonna hurt you if that's what you were thinking…" he said, "I work as a healer for all kinds of people, and not all of them friendly. Besides, a knife comes in handy when you need to cut something open." he smiled, "I promise I don't hurt people, it's against the healers code."

Deleted user

"It just struck me as odd, I suppose…" Lee said quietly, setting the half of chicken on the cutting board. "….I don't have anything against you… Trust me." He began to tear the chicken off into pieces and put them in the pot, assuming the chicken was already cooked. He snuck a shread in his mouth and went about his business.

Deleted user

"I don't blame you" said Silver, "Not many people carry knives in their boots, and while I do use it for all those thing I told you before, it's also there out of habit" He began chopping up potatoes and carrots as he spoke.

Deleted user

"Hm…." Lee hummed, finishing putting the chicken in the pot. He went and put the chicken in the fridge after wrapping it up. He grabbed some broth from the fridge and put some in the pot before returning it back.
"Do you cook often?" He asked out of pure boredom.

Deleted user

"All the time" said Silver, "Out where I come from I'd be considered a professional chef!" he laughed, moving on to chopping celery. "What about you? Do you cook often?"

Deleted user

"I live by myself, so of course I do… But I mean…. It isn't always the best food…" Lee grabbed a wooden spoon from the drawer and stuck it in the pot, giving it a stir. "Yet it's enough to keep me alive and healthy, so I can't go wrong there."

Deleted user

Silver nodded, picking up the chopped veggies in a silvery aura and dropping them in the pot. "Well, two guys cooking is not something you see everyday" he said, smiling.

Deleted user

"Not necessarily, no…." Lee said, joining Silverado in a light chuckle. He gave the pot one last stir before pouring in some uncooked noodles of some sort.
Max came padding in, panting as he came and sat down by the counter, staring up at Lee with puppy eyes.
He glanced down. "Do you want something from me?"
Max smiled.

Deleted user

Silver couldn't help grinning at the dog, "Is he hungry maybe?" he asked.

Deleted user

"Hm…" Lee picked a piece of chicken off the cutting board that was left over and fed it shamelessly to the dog.
He snapped it up and swallowed it, smiling.
He gave him a gentle hand on the head and noted to wash his hands later.

Deleted user

Silver grinned, "I'm gonna assume that was exactly what he wanted"

Deleted user

"Oh, he does this all the time…" Lee said, sending the dog off to the living room. "Whenever I cook he always has to prance in here and ask for scraps of meat…" He went to the sink and washed his hands. "I really shouldn't do it… But hey, what's going to stop me?"

Deleted user

Even though he has plenty of hard food in his dish…. Lee sighed. “He always has a good reason. He’s too good of a dog to ignore.” He dried his hands off with a towel and hung it back up.

Deleted user

Silver grinned, "Exactly what I meant" he said, leaning on the counter.

Deleted user

“I’m sure it was…” Lee finished up cooking the soup and pulled it off the stove with mitts. “Everything’s all ready to go….” He set it on the table where two places were set for the two of them, placed across from one another. Max was already laying below the table, waiting for them to sit down. Oh, you silly mutt….

Deleted user

Silver followed him, "It smells good to me" he said, realizing just how hungry he was.

Deleted user

"I'm sure it does," Lee said, sitting down. "I can hardly wait to eat any day. Don't ask why… Maybe it's my knack for food. But that's just me."