forum one on one?
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 70 followers

@Fraust

Nathaniel kept fiddling with the knife. "What sort of stuff did you do while you were still in heaven?"

@Fraust

Nathaniel nodded. "I'd lend out some of the swords I made sometimes so people could help me test them. I got quite good with a sword, but on earth I can only really fight with my hands."

@Fenrir

"you can still spar here, it's just not as common. I can take you to a place that allows it if you're feeling up to it." He offered

@Fraust

"Sure. Right now or what? We're still waiting on the firewalls, but I'm not sure how long that will take." Nathaniel stood up and leaned against the table, letting the dagger fall to his side.

@Fenrir

He waved his hand dismissively "I've set up a command that'll take anymore down for the next five hours." He said. "We can go if you'd like. Are you sure your injuries don't hurt?"

@Fraust

"Yeah, m'alright. Little fighting would do me some good anyhow. What do we spar with?" Nathaniel stuck his knife back into his pocket.

@Fraust

Nathaniel nodded. "I'll guide you." Once they got into the car, Nathaniel directed V to a cave about ten minutes away and got out of the car. "It's a lot quicker getting here by car…" He went in and within a minute or two came back out with a handcrafted sword.

@Fenrir

V waited in the car and ran a hand through his hair. He glanced up when Nathaniel came out "wow, please tell me that has a name…"

@Fraust

"Ben." Nathaniel said with a straight face before laughing. "Actually, Benevolence for irony, and Ben so it's funny."

@Fenrir

V laughed, unlocking the car "you've been beaten by Ben, I'm guessing is a joke?" He laughed again and drove off towards the sparing place

@Fraust

Nathaniel nodded. "It's also a very underwhelming sword name." He ran one hand along the sword's blade. It was beautifully crafted, just like the dagger.

@Fenrir

"might want to keep that down until we get to the place. I'm not getting pulled over just for having a sword in my car."V said, "how long have you been forging swords?"

@Fraust

"Pretty long. Probably started around seven or eight." Nathaniel moved the sword so it wasn't visible from the outside.
(Also, we never actually clarified how old they are in this. I've been thinking like, late teens, early twenties)

@Fenrir

(yeah I was thinking the same)
"Wow, what inspired you to start?" He asked, knowing he was being nosy again but liking the small talk more than silence

@Fraust

Nathaniel shrugged. "Saw someone doing it and figured it'd be fun. Turns out, I'm actually pretty good at it."

@Fraust

"I'm self taught, although I did a lot of watching. Most of my early blades weren't usable. It's really a lot of trial and error."