forum 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕀π•₯ π•™π•¦π•žπ•’π•Ÿπ•€ π• π•Ÿ 𝕖𝕒𝕣π•₯𝕙 ₁/β‚„ ~(𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗻)~
Started by @Appleand_Onion
tune

people_alt 55 followers

@Appleand_Onion

Lenny was looking at the television when the news came on. "Ugh..What is it this time?.." He Looked at the broadcast and saw they were talking about zombies. Lenny was not believing the Broadcast and went on his phone saying "Emergency Alert" Lenny was hesitant and scared now. He went in his car and stole all the food he could in the store. "I could survive on this for like… 2 Years..? and plus we do a lot of food shopping but my mom and dad isn't here…" Lenny was Worried that his parent's died and just stayed in the house with closed windows and locked Doors.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine was at her desk, writing an essay for a advanced college class she was taking.
Downstairs the TV blaring so loud she could hear it from her bedroom, the door open.

SHe heard a weird noise come over, the TV and she made her way downstairs, where the TV showed their was a virus outbreak and the result was zombified people, whose brains rotted from the inside,, she looked to her father for comfort, but he wasn't in his usual spot, she looked around, shw shipped her phone out of her pocket, calling her dad.

He picked up briefly "hello?" he said, his southern twang thick over the phone.
"dad? where are you?" she asked quickly, her voice wavering with worry,
"what? i'm at the grocery store? I told you we needed groceries" he said confused, Clementines mouth stood agap, in a mix of fear and surprise.
"Haven't you heard the news, there's a deadly virus outbreak, please come home, It literally turns people into zombies" she practically screamed through the phone.
"alright I'll be the-" was all she heard before the phone beeped to signal that he's hung up, she looked at her screen, her stomach and chest aching, she gave a worried groan.

She looked at the text her dad shot to her as soon as it popped up on her screen,
'I'm on the way, there's a lot of traffic, might take a while, lock the doors and stay safe, I'll text you when i'm about to be there' she responded with 'okay, be safe, I love you' and threw her phone on the couch, and ran around the house, locking the doors and windows, she got her dad's pistol out of her nightstand drawer, because this is America and her dad was from the hick's, of course he owned a gun, and sat on her bed, she buried herself under her blankets and quilts and did the one thing she always did when she panicked.

She opened her laptop and started Coraline from the very beginning.

@Becfromthedead group

Galen was on his way home from class when everything started to fall apart. He pulled his motorcycle up to the parking lot of his apartment building.
Once stopped, he checked his phone to see several texts from his mother, fretting over him coming home.
"What…?" He murmured to himself.
He tugged at the backpack strap over his shoulder and started up the stairs, trying to piece together what was going on.
Emergency alert, virus, zombie…
It all sounded like nonsense.
Galen went to open the door, and was assaulted by an aggressive hug from his mother. She dragged him inside and slammed the door behind him, making sure to deadbolt it.
"Mama, what the-"
"Gale, have you seen the news? Oh God, I was so worried you weren't coming home."
"Seriously? Zombies?" Galen asked, unable to hide his skepticism, "Mama, are you alright?"
"No, look!" she cried out, grabbing the remote and turning the TV back up.
Galen's face dropped.
"That's… unbelievable," he muttered.
Sure, he was a bit frightened, but his curiosity was piqued.
"Well, Ma, we should lock the windows and barricade ourselves in until further notice, yeah?" He suggested, "Are we good on food and all of that for at least a few days? Do we need to go ahead and store up some water in case that gets cut off?"
"I- yes, that's probably the case. Here, I'll help you."
For the next little while, Galen and his mother worked to prepare for the worst, blocking off the windows and preparing bags in case they had to run.
If there really were zombies, Galen was concerned. They didn't really keep weapons around. He and his mother each had a pocketknife, and she had some mace, but that was really all. If push came to shove, they'd have to be more resourceful than this.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine watched Coraline, until the end credits rolled, her eyes stung and burned, she rubbed them, the reality of the situation leaving for a couple seconds, then coming back, making her panic even more.

"shit-" she whispered as she ran downstairs, flinging the cabinets and fridge open, when she saw both were nearly empty, she gave a gasp and her eyes watered, she arched her back against the wall and slid down, placing her face in her knee's "no no no no no." She said aloud, she barely had any food, maybe enough for a couple meals; for about
4 weeks worth of food, maybe even more if she eat only little things each meal.

She flinched as her phone rang the screen name rang 'Dad' she answered it with "hello? dad?" when she listened all she heard was static and the word "stuck" in the middle of all of it before the phone hung up, she threw her phone against the counter, and it bounced back to her, she stood up and decided she would make grilled cheese.

@Appleand_Onion

(So clementine doesn't have food like that?)

@EtherealDreamer

(she has enough for a little while; couple weeks, but nowhere near enough to last her as long enough as Lenny, also the same area as Lenny and the others I guess)

@Becfromthedead group

(Yeah, Galen is probably in about the same boat. 2 weeks of food with his mother, but yknow she's about to die, so 3-4 without her. And he's in an apartment complex, presumably not too far away?)

@Appleand_Onion

Lenny just sighed and got up from his bed and walked downstairs softly. His belly rumbled a Mournful growl. He got out a recipe book from the cabinet and was scrolling the pages one by One to see what he could make for his lunch. "So many options.. I don't wanna lose all my food So i'll make what I want and eat a small portion of it.." Lenny never had done this kind of thing Before and he shouldn't have to. When he was about to make his food the electricity went out. "Shit..Shit..SHIT! Now what am I suppose to eat?!" Lenny did some long thinking about what he Could do about the electricity going out and the lights. He remembered that he had got candles For his birthday. He ran upstairs and got his candles from out his closet. He ran back downstairs And got a lighter. He lit the candle and put it on the coffee table. "Im so hungry…. Ugh." Lenny got a book and sat down on the couch. He read it for 5 minutes and put the book down. He went to Bed still thinking about zombies coming in his house. "I'll just rest until the next day.. Then i'll go Out and scavenge for supplies…"

@Becfromthedead group

Galen and his mother were sitting down, watching the broadcast on the zombie epidemic. He had even more questions than he started out with at this point.
They had drawn some water and put it in empty containers, and portioned out some amount of food. Galen also found flashlights, batteries, a battery-powered radio, and his hoodie.
"We should be all set to hunker down here, at least until we can figure out what's going on," he said as he returned to the living room.
Then the power went out.
Galen's mother pulled out a lighter and lit the candle on the table, then motioned for him to put down the radio. He tried to find a broadcast, but it was mostly static and broken-up voices.
"That's not great," Galen said, perhaps still a little too nonchalant.
His mother had a hard frown etched into her face.
"Something is very wrong."
"The radio could just be busted. Don't jump to conclusions. We should probably go ahead and eat some things from the fridge, yeah? We don't know how long that power is going to stay out."

They prepared dinner using mainly refrigerated food, then stayed up together in the living room, seeing if a radio broadcast ever cut in or if the power ever came back on.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine was watching Paranorman when the power went out, most of the lights in the house were off anyway, so when it did, the only lights that actually went out were the ones in her bedroom in the hallway, considering she always left the hall light on with her door closed due to old childhood fears.
"Well that's just fine and dandy isn't it?" she said to herself, aloud.

She got up, closing her laptop, and pulled out her phone, checking for a message from her dad; nothing, she rummaged around her room, until she found a flashlight that she kept in her dresser drawer, under her sock. The reasoning for this was she used it to read books while supposed to be asleep, yet the light was dim, so her dad wouldn't see it from the underside of her door.

She quickly ran downstairs, where she then made a nest of pillows and blankets on the couch, and slid a book; Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the world, and began reading it at the place her bookmark had been laid between the crisp, fresh pages.

@Appleand_Onion

Lenny slept until 7:40 when he got up and went in the bathroom to brush his teeth when he Forgot the water and lights went out last night. "Well..Good thing i have a full case of water from The shopping spree I did." He picked up the heavy case of water almost busting it but managed To get it onto the table. He took a bottle of water from out the case. He opened the top going Back in the kitchen and throwing it away.
He put his toothbrush in the water bottle and put it deep into the bottle for a few seconds before Taking it out. He went back into the bathroom and took the toothpaste container and popping The cap open and put a decent amount on the brush. He brushed his teeth for six minutes and Spit the remains of the toothpaste in the sink. He turned the water on the sink and cleaned out The sink fluently before walking out of the bathroom.
Lenny ran back upstairs and changed his clothes to an collared white shirt, A black T-shirt, white Jeans and black and white Nike sneakers. He grabbed a black duffel bag and put food, Flashlights, First aid kit, A gun and knife and water for a week. He was ready to go outside for The first time in two whole days. He confidently opened the door and started walking out.
Surprised the world looked kind of the same. Suddenly he saw a limping zombie walking up to Him. "G-get away..I have a gun and Im not afraid to use it..! Lenny suddenly took out his gun From his duffel bag and loaded it. He aimed at the zombies head and shot it. "O-oh my god.. I-I Killed someone… Im a monster.." he kept running getting away from the horrid smell of the body. He found a nearby bench beside Clementine's house taking a nap.

@Becfromthedead group

Galen and his mother stayed in for what felt like an eternity, with no further contact from the outside world. It was hard to sleep soundly like that, but at least they had each other and were both able to nod off for at least a little bit, knowing the other was awake to keep watch.
By the next morning, Galen was growing a bit impatient. He took the boarding off one of the windows and peered outside to see a few zombies limping through the streets.
"Um… Mama? We've got a bigger problem than I thought."
She looked out next to him and gasped, going rigid.
Galen pulled back and started going through all the drawers, the knife block, looking for anything that could be used as a weapon while they searched for better protection.
"We probably should prepare to go out, then?" he insisted, "We need to meet up with other survivors if we want to stand a chance. We'll only get swarmed, or maybe die of starvation or thirst if we stay here."
He laid out a few kitchen knives, two cast iron pans, and ran back to one of the closets to grab the toolbox. Galen pulled out a crowbar, a hammer, and a screwdriver, along with a box of nails.
His mother watched him anxiously, but she did move to prepare food and water supplies in the meantime, and she grabbed a small amount of bedding for each of them. She picked Galen's backpack off the floor and dumped out all his textbooks and papers, then started repacking it with the more necessary survival supplies. Galen grabbed one of his mother's larger bags from her bedroom and handed it to her so she could start packing her own as well. He also stopped in the bathroom to gather some first aid supplies and medication.
Once they had gathered all they thought would be necessary to take with them, Galen put on some comfortable shoes, a sweatshirt, and pulled his bag up over his shoulder. He slipped a few tools into his bag, and held a frying pan in his free hand.
"You ready to go?"
"I guess so. There's not much else to be done," his mother replied, also grabbing a pan.
It wasn't the best weapon, but in lieu of actual weapons of any sort, it would have to do. Either way, Galen was pretty strong and could probably crush in a few skulls, or at least send zombies reeling a bit. He was much more worried about his mother, who suffered from arthritis and had been in need of a knee replacement for half of his life.
Galen led the way out the front door, and he immediately had to push a zombie over the railing to clear them a path. There weren't all that many zombies out there, and at least they were slow, but all eyes were on Galen and his mother.
He managed to cut a path down the stairs, and she followed him, keeping an eye on what was happening behind them. Yet, when they got to the bottom of the stairwell, they were closed in. Galen started swinging, and his mother did what she could to assist, but it was nearly impossible to make it through the crowd that had formed.
"Love, there's a chance you're going to have to leave me here. It'd be a shame if we both died like this," she murmured, "I don't think I can push through them."
"No, but I can," Galen said confidently, "I'll drag you through with me. Don't worry."
She let out a soft sigh, clearly not convinced.
Galen took his mother's hand as he charged through, dealing out harsh blows to the zombies in their way. Yet, as they almost made it through, he felt his hand slip out from his mother's fingers. He looked back over his shoulder to see she had tripped and they grabbed her. He tried to fight his way back through to her, but the zombies were tough, and there were too many of them.
"Go! Please!" she cried, "Please live!"
Galen froze up for a second, but he was fully aware that there was nothing he could do, especially since more zombies had been alerted to the situation and were closing in.
He started to run away, and chose to hop on his motorcycle and drive until he found more survivors or ran out of fuel, whichever came first.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine had gotten up, rubbing her eyes; the eerily quiet of her house oddly to familiar.
"Fuck" she whispered to herself, checking her phone and turning it on, a text from her dad filled the screen, she swiped her thumb right, opening the message, which said 'stuck, gonna try to make it there on foot'

she sighed to herself, and decided she might as well change her clothes, she didn't bother changing in her room, instead she grabbed a pair of grey sweatpants and a red and blank flannel from her dad's room, downstairs, she threw the flannel on over her tank top, which was a dark maroon color, tucking the same tank top into the waist band of the sweatpants, she then cuffed the sweatpants due to their length and traveled back upstairs, the house was light, due to the fact that she had not boarded up the windows.

She found that she would watch outside for other people, considering the window of her bedroom was on the second floor of the house, she sat in her bay window, hugging a rainbow colored pillow to her chest, her eyes darting around the street below wildly.

@Appleand_Onion

Lenny woke up from his nap seeing a house next to the bench he was resting on. He thought he Saw a person in the house. "Wow..If someone is in that house that means their still alive. Lenny Got up from the bench walking on the hard rubble ground making crunching noises. He walked To Clementine's house and knocked on their door.
"Hello?..Anyone here?!.." Lenny shouted. He banged on the door for 10 minutes until finally Grabbing his gun and shot a bullet through the glass. He then put the gun back into his bag and Grabbing his knife to continuously thaw the glass. "Ugh.. This won't work.
I guess i'll have to try Another way." He saw a big rock near the road. He picked it up and threw it at the window. "Finally!" He jumped through the window grabbing his gun in case anyone tries to kill or shoot Them. He walked upstairs cautiously trying not to make a sound.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine heard the shatter and frozen, she knew it was the same person from the street below, she felt her chest heave and her breathing slow.

shit, what if they want to hurt me, or steal my food or something worse

she grabbed a baseball bat she had in her closet, from previous years if softball and crept into the hallway "I have a weapon" she shouted down the stairs, to afraid to actually go down, if all else failed she would wait until the person came up, and then bash their skull in.

"I'm not afraid to hurt you, if you're here to steal my things, or hurt me." She yelled quietly, she paused, gripping the handle of the metal bat so tightly, her knuckles turned white.

"explain yourself!" she screamed down the stairs, her ears ringing in fear.

@Becfromthedead group

Galen had been riding his motorcycle for a bit, unsure where to go. It didn't seem that there was anyone around. That was, until he pulled into one neighborhood to see Lenny doing what appeared to be breaking into a house.
He parked the vehicle and made it towards the house on foot.
"Hey!" he called after the guy who had just jumped through the window, "Are there any other survivors around here?"

@Appleand_Onion

"Uh.. I just was sleeping beside your house then i saw you in the window and i broke through Your window-" Lenny heard Galen and ran back down the steps. "Yeah don't you see one in front of your face?" Lenny stood in front of Galen waiting for an response. "Well anyways i gotta go deal with this hot headed lady. See ya sweet cheeks." Lenny ran upstairs and saw the bat slash over his head but with his fast reflexes he dodged it.
"Woah woah. No need to bash my head in." Lenny was looking at the lady like she hasn't eaten in A few days. "You hungry? I have food." Lenny got out his duffel bag and put out fruits, Vegetables, Nature bars and canned foods.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine squinted her eyes at Lenny angrily
and looked away quickly
"I dont need your food, but sure" she said, offering an open hand to accept some food.

As long as im not wasting my own food, I'll be fine. she thought to herself
"alright, everyone" she said aloud to Lenny and Galen "im Clementine and this is my house, nice to meet you all" she said.

@Becfromthedead group

Galen scowled at Lenny's response at first, but ultimately decided it was better not to snap back.
He followed inside to see Clementine, and he nodded in acknowledgement when she introduced herself.
"Name's Galen. Good to see some other people are still kicking."
He occasionally shot a glance over his shoulder to make sure there were no more zombies around.

@EtherealDreamer

Clementine gave a nod, her eyes darting around as she shut and bolted the front door back.

"Ugh, great…now I have to board up the window you broke" she groaned at Lenny, her gaze deathly, she left the two boys standing alone, as she rushed down the stairs into the basement, where she found a piece of plywood big enough to board over the window that was broken.

She took the stairs to at a time to get back up, when she got back upstairs, she handed the piece of plywood to Lenny, and looked at Galen "help me with this please" she said to Galen, she turned to Lenny,

"you have no choice." She said poking him in the chest with her index finger
"you broke my window, you're helping board it up, no if, and's or but's about it." She said sternly.