forum the long way to a small angry planet
Started by @squiddicus language
tune

people_alt 59 followers

@squiddicus language

Of course! You might also like On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden

I originally heard of this on Tumblr and the same post had a whole list of queer sci-fi books that I'm dying to read:

The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula Le Guin
Machine, Elizabeth Bear
Ancillary Justice, Ann Leckie
Winter’s Orbit, Everina Maxwell
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, Becky Chambers
A Matter Of Oaths, Helen S. Wright
A Memory Called Empire, Arkady Martine
The Collapsing Empire, John Scalzi

@GoodThingGoing group

Ooh you should read This Is How You Lose the Time War! It's one of my favorite books; it's a sapphic time travel story in space and the writing is gorgeous

@ElderGod-Icefire

Yep, it's just a warm hug in book form, isn't it?

oh shit it has the lizard lady right?? and it's sapphic/poly or something?? or am i thinking of a different book

@GoodThingGoing group

This Is How You Lose the Time War looks so good! but i have so many other books i gotta read, and i've been in a major reading slump recently

Very fair, and also mood

@GoodThingGoing group

I will say that it's definitely one where you need to be in the mood for the flowery writing style. I didn't love it the first time I read it but I adored it upon reread

@ElderGod-Icefire

ah makes sense! currently my next book to read is called "A Canticle for Leibowitz". it's one of my cousin's favorite books so i wanna read it before i go visit them next week

@squiddicus language

oh shit it has the lizard lady right?? and it's sapphic/poly or something?? or am i thinking of a different book

Yeah, Sissix is the lizard lady! And yep it's got a super cute sapphic romance too.

@squiddicus language

ah makes sense! currently my next book to read is called "A Canticle for Leibowitz". it's one of my cousin's favorite books so i wanna read it before i go visit them next week

At the mo I'm reading Once And Future, which seems to be in the same vein of queer sci-fi as the other books on this thread actually! I'm only like, a chapter in so far but from what I've heard, it's a queer retelling of Arthurian legend IN SPACE with a very cool female protagonist.

@GoodThingGoing group

At the mo I'm reading Once And Future, which seems to be in the same vein of queer sci-fi as the other books on this thread actually! I'm only like, a chapter in so far but from what I've heard, it's a queer retelling of Arthurian legend IN SPACE with a very cool female protagonist.

I haven't read Once And Future (I started it but dnf'd it bc there was other stuff I wanted to read more lol) but I have three A.R. Capetta books checked out rn and they are sound very fun and very queer. My current read is Giovanni's Room and I'm only like one hundred pages in but I think it will destroy me

@ElderGod-Icefire

Yeah, Sissix is the lizard lady! And yep it's got a super cute sapphic romance too.

aaaah i was remembering right!

@ElderGod-Icefire

Omg i LOVED once and future!! it's so good

@squiddicus language

Omg i LOVED once and future!! it's so good

Aaaaa I can't wait to read it all now