forum One of you Killed Her (Deserted Island RP | Closed)
Started by @Twoex group
tune

people_alt 63 followers

@Twoex group

Harper Becker gathers a group of women that she met over her life to join her on a cruise for her twenty-first birthday. Whether they were best friends in childhood, met in college, found each other online, a dating relationship, maybe they had a meaningful moment on the tram and kept in touch ever since- Harper had some kind of connection to each of these women. However, none of them truly know each other nor their impact on Harper's life. (You can ask to PM me if you need ideas for a character backstory).

This little cruise is all fine and dandy -they go out on a small yacht that Harper's family owns- until a major storm comes out of nowhere. The women crash land on a small, deserted island and have no way to contact the outside world. The first couple days, they get to know each other and hope for the best as they wait to be rescued. However, everything changes when Harper Becker is murdered.

Hello! I saw the trailer for The Wilds on prime video and wanted to do this. It isn't in any way based on the plot of The Wilds 'cause I haven't seen it, but I was in the mood to do a deserted-island roleplay and murder is fun to write too, so why not? I will be roleplaying as Harper and another character, I figured we could roleplay the beginning of the cruise, the crash, and them being stranded for a day or two before the murder.

The identity of the murderer will be chosen by good ol' random.org, so every character must have a reason to murder Harper Becker (keep it a secret). The reason to murder Harper must be something with depth (not just "I was hungry, and she wouldn't give me food". Make it part of their backstory!) I will secretly PM whoever is chosen to be the murderer, and the idea is that we will roleplay the women getting to know each other and trying to figure out this complex situation. If your character is the murderer, don't make it obvious so we can slowly unravel the mystery!

If you have any questions about Harper and what her relationship could be to your character, feel free to ask! I don't have Harper's backstory set in stone, so there's plenty of wiggle room to help develop your character's backstory! If you have any other questions, please ask because I'm sure I'm forgetting some important details haha. I will get a character sheet up after a few people join :D

Rules
Andrew's rules apply
Keep swearing to a minimal (so not every other word), but it is allowed
Violence and gore are okay, but don't overdo it (don't be writing extreme gore in every single post, one bloody description is enough to cover it!)
Let us know any triggers prior to the start of the roleplay, and posts with said triggers will be marked accordingly if applicable.
Write at least a paragraph for each response
Ask to join (idk if this needs to be a rule or not but I figured I'd tack it in there anyways haha), and I reserve the right to say no

User : Character Name : Relation to Harper Becker
Twoex : Harper Becker : n/a

1. Twoex : Yvette Corin : Childhood best friend
  2. Anxietyfilledcinnamonroll : Colette Ashdown : They knew each other in high school
  3. Celeste_aka_write : Seo Hyeon Youn : Roommates during some time in college
  4. becausebuckyisthebest : Biba Baladin : Meaningful conversation led to friendship
  5. Celeste_aka_write : Azelea Taylor : Ex-girlfriend
  6. becausebuckyisthebest : Victoria Sphere : Lived in same area

@Twoex group

Character List

Harper Becker

Name: Harper Becker
Physical Features: Harper has cloudy grey eyes with a soft blue ring on the outside of the iris. She naturally has soft brown hair, but she bleaches it to be blonde. It's quite wavy and hangs down to about the middle of her upper arm. She has tan skin with warm golden undertones. Harper is fairly curvy and has a healthy body type, standing at about 5'5". She has some muscle, but nothing more than average. She has a tattoo of two silhouetted birds flying on her ankle.
Typical Clothing Style: She tends to wear clothing cut to emphasize her body well, typically vibrant one-colored tops and short denim or white shorts. Her swimwear is always a bikini of some kind, also tending to be vibrant in color.
Relation to Harper Becker: n/a
Fears: Being isolated, dying alone, being unsatisfied with life.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Carefree, trusting, confident
Other: She moved around a lot in life, relying on her wealthy parent's money to travel and go to different colleges as she liked. Here's her character collage, and a link to her character page.

Yvette Corin

Name: Yvette Corin
Physical Features: Yvette has rich honey brown eyes that will stare directly into your soul with a glance. Her naturally orange hair is always trimmed into a pixie cut and she dyes it often–anything from pink to blue to red to green to violet. She has pale skin, but she was blessed with very little acne in secondary school, so she has no complaints about burning easily. She's flat chested and is very underweight, but she has some pretty good strength in her arms and back. She's tall, standing at about 5'8", and has long arms and legs. Yvette has a silver septum nose piercing and has a knack for putting on mascara and eyeliner perfectly.
Typical Clothing Style: If you took a look in Yvette's closest, you would see a baggy yellow sweatshirt, and baggy yellow sweatshirt, and oh look, another baggy yellow sweatshirt. There was a sale, and it's comfy, so Yvette sees nothing wrong with her wardrobe. Beside her favorite color sweatshirt, Yvette typically wears dark colored pants and brightly colored converse. She always wears a necklace that has a silhouetted bird pendant on it. Her typical swimwear is a brown one piece with large yet subtle buttons down the left side (purely there for fashion, not a button-up swimsuit).
Relation to Harper Becker: Yvette met Harper at the playground when she was seven years old, and they were the best of friends for some good couple years. They had a really bad falling out in early high school, and barely talked since. Yvette was quite surprised to see an invite for a free yacht party for her old friend's twenty first birthday, but she hoped that Harper had invited her to try to smooth things over and apologize.
Fears: Suffocation, people not liking her, people telling other people her secrets, not being able to move freely.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Fake bubbly, assumes the best, tries too hard for the wrong people
Other: Here's her character collage, and a link to her character page.

Colette Ashdown

Name: Colette Ashdown
Physical Features: Colette has upturned eyes that are Hazel. Her eyes seem to change between a light brown and a dark green depending on what light level she is standing in. She has deep brown hair that is always styled in curls that came down to her shoulders. She has fair skin (A soft beige). She covers it up in a light face of makeup. Colette is a petite, lithe girl that only stands at 5’2. She has a small mulberry birthmark under her eye on the right side of her face. She has earrings.
Typical Clothing Style: Colette is the one to wear a nice sundress with floral patterns. When she’s not wearing one of those, she dresses down in a white t-shirt with light washed jeans and a small gold necklace. Her swimwear tends to lean towards bikinis with simple solid pastel colors. The shoes she wears are typically sandals or Adidas sneakers
Relation to Harper Becker: Harper was her bully in her 9th-grade year of high school. Colette had never seen Harper outside of school, and resentment grew within Colette. They were on bad terms until the summer before 10 grade. Colette goes through her year of high school before reconnecting with Harper on friendlier terms. Colette was elated to receive an invitation, but resentment was still anchored in her stomach.
Fears: Drowning in the vast ocean, the unknown, people rejecting her for being herself
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Outgoing, way too friendly, and sassy

Seo Hyeon Youn

Name: Seo Hyeon Youn
Physical Features:
(heres a painting i did of her last night ;~;)
https://pin.it/2c4TuHf
Seo Hyeon is Korean (if you couldn't tell by the name lol) and she stands at 5’5”
She weighs about 150lbs and has a bit of chub on her making her a bit on the curvy side. She has smaller shoulders and wider hips (she is very pear shaped) She has albinism, making her hair cotton white and her eyes a red pinkish tone. Her eyesight isn’t the best but it’s not terrible either. Looking at her, Seo Hyeon's eyes are constantly moving in a shaking motion and can’t focus on what she’s actually looking at.
Her lips are on the fuller side with a light pinkish tone and she does her best to keep her skin on the paler side. She has white eyelashes and slightly darker eyebrows but not too dark. (you can still see them lol)
Her smile lights up the room and she is thrown into a good mood easily. Her cheeks are full, round, and rosy almost all the time.
Seo Hyeon has a short bob going just below her chin and straight across bangs. Her hair is naturally on the fluffy, wavy side and she keeps it at the same length all year round. She used to have longer hair down to her waist but she got fed up with it and cut it when she got pregnant, which was about 2 years ago.
She has a small tattoo of her moms and brothers writing saying “i love you” on the inner side of her wrist and she has small white scars here and there on her body. Seo Hyeon has pretty white stretch marks on her thighs, tummy (from the pregnancy) and around her torso and chest.
Typical Clothing Style: Seo Hyeon has more of a outdoorsy vibe to her and it definitely shows in her sense of style.
(im terrible at clothing so ill put links in if you don't mind :)
Relation to Harper Becker:
Fears: Losing loved ones, breaking bones, big animals, dead bodies.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Caring, loyal, up-beat. (i can go into more detail if you would like.)
Other: Here's a link to her Pinterest board! There you can find her face, style, aesthetic/vibes, etc. Sadly, she’s one of my only characters that i haven’t really painted but when i do ill show you lol)
https://pin.it/5YrVOGX

Biba Baladin

Name: Biba Baladin
Physical Features:
Biba is about 5’10” and weighs around 178lbs I think. I’ve had some people call her stocky and i think it fits. She carries her weight healthy and well, some of it being muscle and some honestly just being her big bones (ofc body fat too, she’s far from a twig). She is a lil curvy, and has broader shoulders and big thighs, I’d say. Her skin is fair, but I think it’s more of a grayish tan than a smooth porcelain. Her hair is long, falling to her waist, and is curly and jet black. It falls in ringlets and though it doesn’t look super greasy, it probably feels greasy. It’s not super thick or big, just very long. She has thick, dark brows and smaller, dark brown eyes. In most lighting her eye color could even come across as black. Her nose is long and rounded, being more on the broad side, and she has plump, round lips. Her jaw is more square and her cheeks are decently full. She has a few moles on her face, the most noticeable being two horizontally under her right eye(the left mole is smaller), one directly above the left side of her lip, and another in the center of her forehead. She has long, dark lashes and round ears, covered in small hoops and cuffs. She looks uneasy or like she has somewhere to be, whether or not she does, always seeming a little uncomfortable. She has like probably five small, fine tattoos of just writing. Like a few Russian words. One on the inside of her left wrist that reads ‘Четыре окровавленные руки’ in one line, one vertical on the back right side of her right ankle that says ‘Кловис Джеймс Бенджамин Каспиан‘ in two lines. The other tattoos are covered. She’s great at avoiding eye contact and honestly isn’t that sociable, but despite her being a lil socially awkward, she’s pretty likable and is a little too loyal. She has a spiked septum piercing along with a piercing on either side of her nose that she keeps silver posts in with a small chain across the top of her nose attaching them. She has her left eyebrow pierced and a tongue piercing.
Typical Clothing Style: She wears a lot of browns, grays, blacks, blues and whites in the form of big, loose necked T-shirts that definitely came from the mens section, straight or wide cut pants or jeans, taller socks that almost reach her knee and are covered in various dull patterns, combat boots or sneakers, ball caps, bucket hats, woven belts and sling backpacks.
Fears: Large bodies of water make her really uncomfortable if she cannot see land and is like inside of them. Like swimming lol. She’s not a fan of big dogs but its less of they scare her and more of she’s uneasy around unfamiliar ones. Her biggest fear is losing track of her little boys, Ben and Clovis, and not knowing where they are or them suddenly being taken or moved without her knowledge. It’s something that I’m sure every parent is afraid of, but it’s like a crippling fear to her. It’s always in the back of her mind.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Biba takes a very long time to trust someone, or sometimes never actually comes around to the idea. Despite being untrusting, she’s loyal to a fault, even if you’re not trustworthy. She’s also very withdrawn, always seeming to be a little out of it or socially uncomfortable.
Other: Biba is Russian. Both of her parents are Russian and she’d lived in Russia her whole life. Her English isn’t perfect, but it’s decent. It’s definitely not annoying lol, her grammar is just flawed.
Link to a digital painting I did of her. :’) The man with her in the top left is Alexei, her lover.

Azelea Taylor

Name: Azelea Taylor (most people call her Z)
Physical Features: Azelea is taller, standing at about 5'11 and has more of a boxy shape to her. She has broad shoulders and is evenly muscular about everywhere. She looks like she works out three days a week and honestly maybe a little more. Her skin is more of a nice mocha color with red undertones. Her hair is very black and in thick box braids with golden rings decorating them. She always wears golden hoops and has a golden hoop septum piercing and golden earrings galore.
She has bigger eyes but they aren't round. They have more of a natural up turned slim, cat eye look but they are pretty big. She has a smaller nose and big, round lips. She has more of sharp, defined jawline and a slimmer face. Her eyes are a golden brown with flecks of a lighter yellowish color in them.
Z weighs about 170lbs maybe 160lbs. (if i can, i can work on a painting for her as well)
Typical Clothing Style: Sports bras and sweats but if she wants to be fancy she tends to lean towards darker colors that are on the warmer side, not liking cool colors as much. She isn't afraid to show skin and does it more often than not. Comfortability is more important than looks to her. She likes wearing tank tops and low arm drop shirts. Looser pants but she owns and definitely packed a lot of shorts.
Relation to Harper Becker: tbd
Fears: Really big animals. Not being able to control big vehicles or honestly big things in general that are unpredictable make her really nervous.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: strong, outspoken, hyper.
Other: none but i might add a few links sometime idk yet.
Here's a painting i JUST finished and i hope you like it :0
https://pin.it/RUAdACm

Victoria Sphere

Name: Victoria Sphere (Vicki or Vick)
Physical Features: (List at least eye color, hair color, hair style, skin tone, body type, height, identifying marks. If you have a picture of your character, you can link that here too in addition to description)
Vicki is 5’8 and weighs about 180lbs. Shes curvy and is hourglass shaped but her waist isn’t extremely tiny or her thighs unrealistically small. Her skin is light and dusted with light brown freckles from head to toe and her hair falls in long, white blonde curls to just a few inches about her waist. Unlike Biba’s curls, hers are frizzy and much more poofy. She has it parted in the middle and her lashes and eyebrows are white blonde as well. Her eyes are round and a pale, cold blue. Both her nose and lips are round and big, fitting nicely onto her soft face. She looks very soft and kind and is genuinely a nice person. She often lends a helping hand and gives mom vibes. She has a fantastic, big smile and contagious laugh and is pretty easy to get along with. She wears small, silver hoops in her ears and has no piercings besides.
Typical Clothing Style: she wears a lot of shades of blues and grays in the form of loose, soft T-shirts, low V-necks, crop tops, shorts, overalls and leggings. Sometimes she’ll pull her hair up. She does have a wedding ring but doesn’t have a partner around.
Relation to Harper Becker: TBD
Fears: being unlovable. Sounds super cheesy but this has always been something that Vicki constantly thinks of, second guessing her every move. Also, I can’t think of another fear she has :,)
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Accepting, Kind and Helpful.
Other: Vick has a deeper, more rounded voice if that makes sense. I don’t think I have anything else to put here lol I’ll add her a picture, but I did a sucky job with her body type in these photos lol beware

@Twoex group

(Yes! I've never actually read LOTF but the vibes that it gives me is the vibes I want for this roleplay haha. Can I have a writing sample?)

@Anxietyfilledcinnamonroll group

(Of course. Here's one from an older RP)

Nathaniel's entire body shook. He shuttered awake, blinking as the sun peaked above the horizon. It was no longer 21:00 hours, but 06:30. He groaned, getting himself to his knees, his hands on the cobbled street and head hanging. What that HELL! What was that guy's deal? He coughed, wiping blood from the corner of his mouth. Standing to his feet, his mind tempted him to track the men down. He could guess where they were. He decided against it, limping inside his home and slamming the door shut. Anger shook his entire body, along with the cold air wafting off of him. He entered the kitchen, gripping a counter and hanging his head to soothe his vision. The cuts from the glass pained him, but he did not care. He didn’t even care that his tailcoat was wrinkled. Nathaniel wanted to work on his plans, plans to overrun England. He brewed himself some tea to soothe his body and made his way over to his bureau desk. Nathaniel put the cup down and picked up a pencil. He started doodling intricate designs onto a piece of paper, scribbling away like a madman writing Don Juan Triumphant. Nathaniel slammed his fist down on the desk, "GODDAMN!"

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

(im so sorry i took so long lol. This is a post of mine i got from one of my current roleplays i swear im not specifically picking a long one to impress you lol.)

Cassius sits up in his bed, the sunlight flitting in through the old windows creating a soft golden ray along his dark skin.
He runs his calloused hands over his face with a heavy sigh, knowing he slept in a little more than he would have liked to. Him and Ophelia had a decently long day ahead of them, as they had planned to run a few errands, go fishing if they could and they had also wanted to plant a few flowers in front of the house.
They had found it about a month or two ago and had been living in it ever since. It was a decently large farmhouse with two stories, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room and a kitchen.
Cass turns his head to look at his daughter curled up underneath the covers, still asleep. He pulls the thin sheet over her shoulder before getting out of bed slowly so he wouldn't wake her. It was early enough he didn't need to wake her up. Not yet at least.
He pulls his hair up into a messy bun with one of his old scrunchies that started out as a light pink but as time passed and it got worn down, its color faded to a pinkish gray color.
He lets strands of blonde, wavy hair fall into his face as he tightens the scrunchie.
Changing into a loose gray t-shirt, he heads down the creaky dark oak stairs and into the living room then making his way to the kitchen to fix breakfast. They didn't have much but they had a small farm surrounded by their fenced in backyard. Cass didn't want to think about going out there to pick off some of the walkers but he had to in order to keep them safe. He would normally do it when Ophelia was asleep or when she was up in her room playing. Anywhere away from them..
His bare feet touching the cold tile of the kitchen sends a chill up his spine and throughout his body. He takes a deep breath and runs his hands up and down his arms to warm himself up before assessing everything they had in the kitchen before deciding to step outside and deal with the walkers if there were any. Normally there would only be about 3 every other day lining the fence and walls, as they were in a very quiet, secluded place.

@Twoex group

((Celeste_aka_write That looks great! You're in! What would you like to have your character's relation to Harper be?)

(Anxietyfilledcinnamonroll hmm, what time frame of childhood are you thinking? I don't want any of the characters to overlap, so they're all meeting each other for the first time (aside from Harper of course). I could also change my girl Yvette to know Harper from outside of school if your girl was strictly inside of a school setting, so that could work if that is okay with you?))

(Hm, I was thinking around 8th grade or high school [Most likely in school]. And then maybe they reconnected years later on friendlier terms. It depends on when Yvette knew Harper, but the in-school thing could work if that clears the overlap. And please call me Cinnamon or Liv if you'd like)

@Twoex group

(Awesome! If it was in school, it would clear the overlap for sure. Right now, Yvette knew her through either through to the end of high school or middle school, haven't decided yet, but yeah that all would work! I'll get a template posted pretty soon here)

@Twoex group

(It's a little bare bone, I want to leave the personality and backstory development to the roleplay, but feel free to add that in there too if you want!)
Name:
Physical Features: (List at least eye color, hair color, hair style, skin tone, body type, height, identifying marks. If you have a picture of your character, you can link that here too in addition to description)
Typical Clothing Style:
Fears:
Three words/phrases to describe personality:
Other:

@Twoex group

(Physical features/clothing can be added to Harper as requested, such as a sentimental piece of jewelry, a tattoo, a scar, etc. if you'd like it to play into her and your character's relationship!)

Name: Harper Becker
Physical Features: Harper has cloudy grey eyes with a soft blue ring on the outside of the iris. She naturally has soft brown hair, but she bleaches it to be blonde. It's quite wavy and hangs down to about the middle of her upper arm. She has tan skin with warm golden undertones. Harper is fairly curvy and has a healthy body type, standing at about 5'5". She has some muscle, but nothing more than average. She has a tattoo of two silhouetted birds flying on her ankle.
Typical Clothing Style: She tends to wear clothing cut to emphasize her body well, typically vibrant one-colored tops and short denim or white shorts. Her swimwear is always a bikini of some kind, also tending to be vibrant in color.
Relation to Harper Becker: n/a
Fears: Being isolated, dying alone, being unsatisfied with life.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Carefree, trusting, confident
Other: She moved around a lot in life, relying on her wealthy parent's money to travel and go to different colleges as she liked. Here's her character collage, and a link to her character page.

Name: Yvette Corin
Physical Features: Yvette has rich honey brown eyes that will stare directly into your soul with a glance. Her naturally orange hair is always trimmed into a pixie cut and she dyes it often–anything from pink to blue to red to green to violet. She has pale skin, but she was blessed with very little acne in secondary school, so she has no complaints about burning easily. She's flat chested and is very underweight, but she has some pretty good strength in her arms and back. She's tall, standing at about 5'8", and has long arms and legs. Yvette has a silver septum nose piercing and has a knack for putting on mascara and eyeliner perfectly.
Typical Clothing Style: If you took a look in Yvette's closest, you would see a baggy yellow sweatshirt, and baggy yellow sweatshirt, and oh look, another baggy yellow sweatshirt. There was a sale, and it's comfy, so Yvette sees nothing wrong with her wardrobe. Beside her favorite color sweatshirt, Yvette typically wears dark colored pants and brightly colored converse. She always wears a necklace that has a silhouetted bird pendant on it. Her typical swimwear is a brown one piece with large yet subtle buttons down the left side (purely there for fashion, not a button-up swimsuit).
Relation to Harper Becker: Yvette met Harper at the playground when she was seven years old, and they were the best of friends for some good couple years. They had a really bad falling out in early high school, and barely talked since. Yvette was quite surprised to see an invite for a free yacht party for her old friend's twenty first birthday, but she hoped that Harper had invited her to try to smooth things over and apologize.
Fears: Suffocation, people not liking her, people telling other people her secrets, not being able to move freely.
Three words/phrases to describe personality: Fake bubbly, assumes the best, tries too hard for the wrong people
Other: Here's her character collage, and a link to her character page.

@Twoex group

(Also! Physical features/clothing can be added to Harper as requested, such as a sentimental piece of jewelry, a tattoo, a scar, etc. if you'd like it to play into her and your character's relationship!)

(Let me know if you’d like me to add or change anything)

Name: Colette Ashdown

Physical Features: Colette has upturned eyes that are Hazel. Her eyes seem to change between a light brown and a dark green depending on what light level she is standing in. She has deep brown hair that is always styled in curls that came down to her shoulders. She has fair skin (A soft beige). She covers it up in a light face of makeup. Colette is a petite, lithe girl that only stands at 5’2. She has a small mulberry birthmark under her eye on the right side of her face. She has earrings.

Typical Clothing Style: Colette is the one to wear a nice sundress with floral patterns. When she’s not wearing one of those, she dresses down in a white t-shirt with light washed jeans and a small gold necklace. Her swimwear tends to lean towards bikinis with simple solid pastel colors. The shoes she wears are typically sandals or Adidas sneakers

Relation to Harper Becker: Harper was her bully in her 9th-grade year of high school. Colette had never seen Harper outside of school, and resentment grew within Colette. They were on bad terms until the summer before 10 grade. Colette goes through her year of high school before reconnecting with Harper on friendlier terms. Colette was elated to receive an invitation, but resentment was still anchored in her stomach.

Fears: Drowning in the vast ocean, the unknown, people rejecting her for being herself

Three words/phrases to describe personality: Outgoing, way too friendly, and sassy

@Twoex group

(Thank you! Also, you are more than welcome to invite anyone to this roleplay, I have a very loose limit/goal of six people, I figured worst case scenario if no one else joins we could have multiple characters, but the goal is a decent amount of active people)