forum Notebook Book Club!
Started by @SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group
tune

people_alt 86 followers

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Here we can talk about the books we're reading, what we want to read, what we've read, characters that we love and hate, give recommendations, etc.

Tagging @Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire @SpaceCat446 and @Serpentess, for y'all expressed interest in this!

I'm re-reading Angels and Demons (Dan Brown). I like how there's a blend of science and religion in this.

@Serpentess health_and_safety language

Well hello! I wholeheartedly recommend the Legend of Drizzt Saga by R. A. Salvatore.

I just got the newest book in the series, Starlight Enclave, and I have yet to start reading it (I really need to get back into reading, it’s nagging at me, but anyway).

I could go on for hours about this saga, but I’ll spare everyone… for now, evil grin.

@Space group

Casually checks to make sure it's the same book
OH HEY that's on my to read list. I read the Icewind Dale series a while ago (And it's pretty cool our boy Drizzt Do'Urden got his own series after that)

Grin. Yeah, it really is. I actually first started with the Transitions trilogy (Ghost King is sad), and then I went back and started with the Dark Elf(?) Trilogy (his backstory) and read through the whole thing in order. It is really good.

And, honestly, of all the side characters, I absolutely adore Jarlaxle. My OC On’nyosh is actually influenced by him (basically put the Joker and Jarlaxle in a blender and you’ve got On’nyosh, lol).

Drizzt, Jarlaxle, and Zaknafein have to be my three most favorite drow, and I can’t decide who’s in first place.

(Sorry about my rambling. I love this series, and can ramble on for hours if I wanted to [I talked for three hours straight about this series, literally]. The sad part is that I only have two more books to read and then I’ll be waiting another year for the next book to come out, and I read pretty fast. But anyway)

@Yamatsu

I'm a little unfamiliar with the Drizzt stuff, are they novelizations of a campaign like some other DnD books? I recognize Jarlaxle from Waterdeep Dragon Heist, and I know Fizban was in a few books.

@Space group

I actually just recently did a campaign of Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (But with a bunch of personal touches to make it more open world and a little off the path of the main plot) I was the DM for it and it was tremendously entertaining. I totally only have a small obsession with Icewind Dale lol

Lol. I actually don’t have DnD at all. I have Pathfinder/Starfinder, and I make my own worlds (a chaotic mess, let me tell you. It’s so fun!).

And yeah, I have a ‘slight’ obsession with three drow named Drizzt, Jarlaxle, and Zaknafein, particularly the first two. Lmao!

@EtherealDreamer

I read The Body by Stephen King a few months ago, and for those of you who dont know, its cinematic equivalent is Stand By Me.

I just— I cant get over it, it's magnificent.

Oh, I’ve heard about that one! I’ve actually seen part of the movie Stand By Me (hopefully I’m remembering it right. It’s been a minute). That movie’s dark. I can only imagine the book.

And speaking of Stephen King, I figure I should give a couple honorable mentions that I absolutely love-
Dreamcatcher
Eye of the Dragon

I know/have a couple others, but I haven’t read them. I’ve honestly seen more of the movies than I have read the books, but nonetheless.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I've read Carrie, Salem's Lot, Under the Dome, Cujo, The Institute, Revival, The Colorado Kid, and others. I've also read Full Throttle Stories, which is a collection of short stories by Joe Hill (his son); two of the short stories in it were co-written with his dad.

@JustALostM book

The Pearl was ok, a bit slow paced, but ok.
Ah, Of Mice and Men… great read!
Have yet to read Lord of the Flies.

Well, So far it's pretty good!

@EtherealDreamer

did you guys know Stephen King also co wrote with Richard Bachman, a friend of his, whom he published the works if once Richard died, or finished them if they werent done, those books are good as well.