forum The parents chat (throw every parental figure of your WIP, open for everyone)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 62 followers

Deleted user

(Just be respectful, this is here just to make everyone´s characters talk and see where everything ends up going, two characters max. just so it doesn´t get confussing, I´m using Eli and Aura: Invalid Character / Invalid Character )

Deleted user

Hi can I join this? I have two characters, neither of them have kids themselves but they're kind of co-babysitting the group of heroes.

Deleted user

((I don't have their character sheets filled out, but basically we have on antisocial dork who just wants his house back and one super friendly 6 foot tall woman who really wishes they would stop setting things on fire.))

@Oakiin

(Also don't have sheets for mine, but here's a lil about them:
Valen: Calm and friendly, he's a classic gentleman. He's empathetic and gentle-souled, totally focused on the people he loves. He's confident and leader-like, and has big Dad energy.

Ranir: She's practical and down-to-earth, no where near as emotional as her husband. She's tough and stern, though she does have a good sense of humor - mainly sarcasm.

She's the left brain, he's the right brain, basically.)

Deleted user

(Oh, well, no problem, no need for character sheets, as long as we can have an Idea of thw character that'll be enough)

Deleted user

(Guess I should start? If you are fine with it, of course, I'm just gonna set the scene)

The room is filled with warm light, couches and arm chairs on cream and brown tones, wooden flooring and elaborate panneling on the walls, a few plants here and there, with delicate yet simple whitw courtains on the window which showed a lovely labdscape of trees and mountains, with a lake far away.

The sky was beggining to shift color from blue to oranges and pinks, a big brown door opens as a tall and lanky man enters, doing a small bow as a significantly shorter woman to enter. He helps the blonde lady to remoge her coat and does to same to his, they sit on one of the couches, the smell of coffee floods the air. They both grab a cup from the small table on front of them.

"Lovely place, isn't it darling?" The man asks with a bit of an rish accent, to which the woman responds with a nod and a sip of coffee, "It has been a while since we were able to do something like this." she closes her eyes and leans closer to her husband.

Deleted user

Skylar entered the room, Matthew followed not far behind her. "Hello," she said cheerfully sitting down on a couch near the window. Matthew nodded in greeting and sat beside her, nervously tapping the toe of his boot on the floor.

Deleted user

"Oh, hello," Aura offered a handshake to both of the people who just entered the room, "Aura Coulson, he is my husband, Eli," the man offers a handshake too, appearing to be more quiet than his wife.

Deleted user

Skylar shook both of their hands. "Skylar. Nice to meet you, this is Matthew." Matthew awkwardly took their hands and then turned away smiling nervously. "Hello."

Deleted user

"Seems like we both married the quiet type," Aura says with a chuckle, "Quiet? I prefer the term introverted." Eli looks at her with a smile as she laughs.

Deleted user

Skylar smiled and looked at Matthew. "He's just shy," Matthew spread his arms out and made a face. "He's also right here."

Deleted user

"It seems we have something in common," despite looking more comfortable with the conversation Eli still was slighly more reserved than Aura, "What brings you here? If I'm not being rude by asking."

Deleted user

"I'm here for the coffee," said Matthew reaching for one of the cups on the table. Skylar grabbed his hand and put it back in his lap. "You need to sleep tonight." she told him. "We're here because today is our day off, and we need to relax." she answered, looking at Eli. Matthew slowly reached for the coffee again, she pushed his hand away and moved the coffee to the other side of the table.

Deleted user

"It appears you are not the only one who can't live without caffeine…" Aura gave Eli a small smile and took a sip of her mug, "Dear, I work as a coroner, of course I need it to keep myself functional through the day," he chuckled, looking at Aura like she was his whole world, "Day off… Remember when those involve the girls waking us up with a pillowfight?" Aura asks.

Deleted user

Skylar smiled at them."You're girls seem wonderful." Matthew glanced at the coffee longingly "Caffeine is the only thing keeping my alive right now." he muttered.

Deleted user

"Well, they are better behaved than what they sound," Aura states, "We raised them right, I like to think we did, I hope we did…" Eli proceeds to drink half of the coffe in one go, "Any kids in your life?" Aura ask, "Sorry if I'm being rude."

Deleted user

"Well, they're not our kids–" Skylar started
"We're being forced to babysit." finished Matthew.
"Not exactly babysitting."
"Long term babysitting?"
"It's hard to describe it really." explained Skylar smiling apolegetically.

Deleted user

"No need to do that, I'm sorry if I'm being too nosy," Aura smiles in an apologetic, Eli proceeds to talk, "We had to take care of not only our nieces and nephew but also some kids who somehow ended up in the agency we work with."

Deleted user

"Oh, don't worry, you're not being to nosy." said Skylar. "We– well we both work for the queen,"
"And when she asked us to take care of some kids, so of course we both said yes, because you don't say no to the queen." grumbled Matthew.
"But yeah. That's how we ended up with all of them."

Deleted user

"Queen? Last time I've heard about one was when the Fae tried to marry her off to elven royalty, it made news back in the 90s!" Eli chuckles and finishes his cup of coffe "Not so relevant, just old celebrity gossip people were obssessed with."

@Oakiin

(Imma just slide in, sorry I'm so late)

Valen absently reached out for Ranir's hand as she led the way down the hall, studying the paintings lining the walls as the two passed. Though they were both unsure as to how exactly they'd arrived at this place, it had a safe and gentle atmosphere, prompting them to explore.
As they came up upon a tall wooden door, Ranir paused, Valen almost bumping into her since he wasn't paying attention.
"There's people in there," she said, heading off his question before he could ask. She glanced up at him, uncertainty in her gaze. "I'm sure there's no threat…"
"Doubtful," Valen reassured her, giving her hand a squeeze. "And even if there is, you're scary enough to keep us safe. Let's go say hi."
He pushed open the door, stepping in alongside Ranir and taking in the scene. Seeing the other people in the room, he offered a smile and a slight bow.
"Hello. We're not interrupting anything, are we?"

Deleted user

"Oh, no, hi, I'm Aura, he's my husband Eli." She offers s handshake and stands up, "Would you like some coffe?" Eli aksk.