forum one on one?
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 70 followers

@Fraust

Nathaniel relaxed into V's gentle touch, nuzzling into his shoulder. "Mmmmm… yeah, something light, I guess… soup? Sandwich? Bread…? I dunno… don't care…" He shifted his wings so they would be more comfortable, although they were still pretty ruffled.

@Fenrir

"how about a bit of everything? A soup and sandwich and then for dessert, what about monkey bread?" He gently preened Nathaniel's wings, smoothing them downtown he best he could to make his angel a bit more comfortable. He gently combed throigh Nath's hair as he grabbed a mug from the cabinets.

@Fraust

"Mm… sounds good to me…" Nathaniel replied, trilling quietly as V preened him. "Do we have the stuff for that? It won't be too much trouble for you, will it? I-I don't want to be more of an inconvenience than I already am, V…" He whined softly.

@Fenrir

"mhm, I think we have everything. And if not I'm sure we replace stuff with other things." He hummed, pouring the tea into the mug along with a cinnamon sticks and honey. "You're not an inconvenience to me darling. I love you sweetheart, so much. Taking care if you when you're sick is something I'll do willingly anytime you need me to." He promised, pressing one last kiss to Nathaniel's hair before handing him the cup

@Fraust

Nathaniel nodded a bit, looking down with a soft sigh. He couldn't help but feel guilty for being so troublesome, even though he couldn't control getting sick, and he wasn't sick very often. It was just hard for him to be willing to let V do so much for him. "Alright… if you say so, love. Thank you." He murmured softly as he accepted the tea and sipped at it idly.

@Fenrir

V moved his hand to Nathaniel's cheek, gently brushing his thumb along his cheekbone. "Any time, angel." He replied, gently pulling away to pour out the rest of the tea into another mug as well as to find anything he needed for dinner and dessert.

@Fraust

Nathaniel leaned into V's gentle touch and relaxed, glad to sip at his tea while V fixed some dinner and dessert for the two of them. He soon finished his cup and lay down on the counter, resting his forehead against the cool stone so he would be more comfortable.

@Fenrir

As V started preparing the dinner, getting some broth in a pot along with spices and chunks of chicken, he'd occasionally pet Nathaniel's hair or wings as he passed by. At one point, once he had everything going on the stove, he scooped Nathaniel up in his arms. "Is it okay if I move you to the living room with an ice pack to keep you cool? It's going to get warm in here with stove top on." He ask softly.

@Fraust

Nathaniel whined softly when V picked him up, pretty limp and tired by now. He buried his face in V's shoulder, breathing a bit heavier than normal and fluttering his wings as he attempted to cool himself down. "Mmnh… I-I guess that's fine…" He mumbled tiredly in reply. "It's too hot in here… too warm… I feel gross, V…"

@Fenrir

"I know baby, I'm sorry. There's not much else we can do." He set Nathaniel down on the couch, draping the ice pack on the back of Nathaniel's neck. He turned a small fan they had in the living towards Nathaniel, hoping it'd help cool him down.

@Fraust

Nathaniel jumped and whined a bit when the ice pack touched his neck, clearly uncomfortable. He curled up on the couch, panting as he tried to cool off. He felt clammy and hot and cold all at the same time, and he just didn't want to deal with it anymore.

@Fenrir

V looked helpless as Nath tried to make himself comfortable. He settled beside his angel and gently brushed aside Nath’s hair. “You’ll be better soon,” he murmured softly, moving to gently preen Nathanial’s wings again. “I’m going to finish up dinner and start dessert, is there anything you need from the kitchen?” He asked, leaning down to press a soft kiss to nathaniel’s head before standing to continue his work.

@Fraust

"Mmnh… nooooo…" Nathaniel mumbled weakly in reply. He'd resigned himself to the fact that he was just going to be uncomfortable, and there wasn't really anything that V could bring him that would help. He yawned and curled in on himself, shivering on the couch. Hopefully he comes back soon… I don't wanna be all alone.

@Fenrir

"alright," V replied, stirring the soup and tasting the broth to make it was properly seasoned. He shortly returned to the couch, settling beside Nathaniel and brushing aside the hair that had stuck to his brow and neck. "Soup should be soon. Do you want to help me with dessert? Maybe it'll distract you from how you feel for a bit."

@Fraust

Nathaniel looked up at V tiredly, leaning into his hand to try and relax. His cool hands felt nice against his feverish skin. "Mmmnh… yeah, sure. I guess so…" He yawned and winced as he slowly forced himself to his feet. "What are we making again…? What do you need me to do?"

@Fenrir

V pressed a kiss to Narhaniek's hair before gently scooping him up and bringing him back to the kitchen. "Monkey bread. I was going to make a glaze for the top once they cool. Think you can handle that while I start on the dough?"

@Fraust

"Mmm… a glaze…?" Nathaniel repeated tiredly, resting his head against V's chest as he was carried back to the kitchen. "I think I can manage that… I might need you to direct me, though. I don't remember how to make one off the top of my head." He laughed weakly and coughed as a result.

@Fenrir

(we're back! Hopefully XD)
V nodded and pressed a soft kiss to Nathaniel's hair. "Mhm, I think it'd nice. Something to compliment the bread." He slowly set Nathaniel down on a clear space on the counter and rumage through his cabinets to find the small mixing bowls. He walked about the kitchen, finding powdered sugar, a bit of milk, and some brandy. He handed Nathaniel a fork. "Here, you're going to pour one cup of everything into this dish. Maybe a little less brandy though. Then you're going to mix it together with the fork. If you think it's too thin, add more sugar. If it's too thick, add more milk. We want it to be a little runny, just so it drips down the crevices in the bread." He explained

@Fraust

"Okay…" Nathaniel listened closely to the instructions, which were thankfully pretty simple considering he was still a bit out of it. Once V left him to his own devices, he busied himself with mixing a cup of everything into the bowl with a fork. His body was still achy and weak from being sick, so it took him perhaps a bit longer than it should have to mix the glaze. He finished it eventually, though, and beckoned for V to come check if it was alright.

@Fenrir

V nodded and left natheniel's side to tend to the monkey bread dough he had made earlier. He prepped a Bunt pan with a butter and cinnamon coating and started placing small dough balls covered in sugan and cinnamon into the crevices of the mold. V would occasionally glance over at Nathaniel and smile, glad to see him concentrate on something else other than being sick. He finished up the the last few dough balls and washed his hands free of sugar and cinnamon before coming back to Nathaniel's side and checking on the glaze. He took a little taste and nodded, satisfied. "It's almost as sweet as you, dear." V teased, pressing a kiss to Nathaniel's head. "Great job, love." V said, wrapping the glaze with plastic wrap to use later. He opened the preheated over and put the buns inside to bake for an hour or so.

@Fraust

"Mmnh… thanks, V." Nathaniel smiled tiredly and trilled, leaning into V's gentle touch for the moment that it was offered to him. "I'm glad it's good enough… I was worried I'd mess it up." He laughed weakly and yawned, rubbing at his eyes. He hated that he spent most of his time sleeping and he was still so exhausted. Being sick was the worst. "Is there anything else you need me to do? How much longer until it's done?" He asked, trying to get a peek at what was happening from where he was sitting on the counter.

@Fenrir

"glaze is pretty hard to mess up but you still did great. I can't wait to see how this hairs with the bread. He set the oven mitts aside, adjusted the temperature a bit on the over and set a timer on his phone for the bread before going back to Nathaniel's side. "Just about an hour until it's done. We'll let it cool for a bit before putting the glaze in so it doesn't melt off immediately." He said, gently scooping natheile back up and bringing him closer to the over to show him the inside. "It won't do much now but soon it'll start puffing up a bit."

@Fraust

"An hour? But that's so loooong…" Nathaniel whined. He rested his head on V's shoulder as he looked in the oven, shifting his disheveled wings with a soft huff of discomfort and irritation. "What are we supposed to do while we wait?" He asked softly, looking back up at V questioningly.

@Fenrir

V chuckled lightly "it is but it'll be worth it, I promise." He cradled Nathabiel in his arms while he wandered around the kitchen and tidied up. "we can do whatever you'd like sweetheart. How are you feeling?" He asked, gently pressing a kiss to Nathaniel's brow.

@Fraust

"Mmnh… I still feel pretty hot and shaky…" Nathaniel mumbled, shifting his wings again. "And my feathers are all messed up. But I guess I'm fine overall… not as bad as it's been for the past few days." He rested his head on V's shoulder and closed his eyes. "I want the thing to be done faster…"