forum Blood Oath (O/O CLOSED)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 58 followers

Deleted user

"It was the man," I said quietly. "The woman realized her husband, Landon, was thirsty for more power. He wanted to rule. He fought to kill her. She fought to defend herself. But history is cruel. The Court was merciless. It put the woman on the bad light."

Deleted user

"When my father found out about the truth… he was adamant about changing everything," I continued. "He wanted to bring down the laws, but the Court… he can't do it while being in its control. So he bore the weight of the women he's had to kill. He remembers all of their names, what they looked like, what they sounded like. He… told me I need to destroy the Court before I take down the laws. He told me I need to protect you, Elle, no matter what, because he saw you changing the world."

@blue_topaz

I stared at him with wide eyes.

Everything I’d ever believed about the King… my fear, my revulsion…. it was all being rewritten.

I swallowed, hard.

Deleted user

"So my father is dying," I let out a bitter laugh, a distraction to keep the tears at bay. "He foresaw that, too. He's going to die. The Court deems him too unpredictable. They're going to wipe him out and put someone else on the throne. Someone else they could control. Me."

@blue_topaz

I nearly choked on my own spit.

“Oh my god…” I breathed, reaching for him. “I’m so sorry… do his predictions always come true?”

Deleted user

"They always do," I answered quietly. "Every time he sees the future–unless he can intercept it, it comes true. He almost never sees one. I'm going to lose my father, and people are only going to remember him as a tyrant."

@blue_topaz

I took his face between my hands. “No,” I whispered, “That’s not going to happen. We’ll stop it, I promise.”

Deleted user

"He says his death is essential," I let out a shaky breath, leaning into her. "My father might have been ruthless and a killer, but he was a good husband and a good father. He always kept us safe. Vivian–he treasures her so much. And she loves him and–"

Deleted user

I breathed heavily, still unable to grasp what my father told me. There was a lot I hadn’t said to Elle.

Like the fact that if she killed me, she’d get stronger. Because she was a Windsinger, and that was why Landon had gone crazy and wanted to kill his wife, Alexis.

“I’m going to kill them,” I promised to myself. “They’ll regret it.”

@blue_topaz

"What else did he say?" I whispered, craning my head to trail kisses along his cheek. I did my best not to let my worry—and fear—show, but with each passing second, it was getting harder and harder to keep from leaking into my voice.

Deleted user

“A lot of things,” I admitted. “It’s hard to put them into sentences.”

That, and I don’t want her to know what she could do. Perhaps that was why Ariadne needed her. A female was strong, but a Windsinger? Those were stronger. And then coupled with a Supernovae…

@blue_topaz

"Take as much time as you need…" I murmured softly. Shifting until his head was cradled in my arms, I lowered him onto the bed and pulled the covers over his body. "But for now… sleep… you need it.."

Deleted user

“I love you,” I said to her strongly, more so because I knew I was running on stolen time. I wasn’t going to survive, I knew that. “I want you to know that.”

@blue_topaz

Settling next to him, I pressed my mouth to his, speaking as if uttering a promise. "You can tell that to me," I whispered, "Once we've killed Ariadne."

Deleted user

Killing her won't kill the curse. I don't think it would, but I didn't voice that aloud.

"Tell me you love me," I said to her, holding her closer, my face in the crook of her neck. "Tell me who I belong to."

@blue_topaz

"I love you, Cole," I told him, entangling our legs to bring him closer. "I love you more than you could ever imagine. I love you more than life itself."

Deleted user

"You're going to be a wonderful queen," I murmured, pressing a kiss to her forehead, her words making my heart soar. "I know it."

Deleted user

I merely smiled, my eyes dropping, my father’s words filling me.

“Sleep, Elle…”

Deleted user

“Only if you fall asleep first,” I spooned her, warming up my body in case she was cold.

@blue_topaz

"Mph, fine.." I relented, shifting back until there was no space between us. "Wake me up if you have another dream.."