forum Share your favorite line(s) from your current WIP. I'll go first.
Started by @wordlesswriter
tune

people_alt 92 followers

@wordlesswriter

"Carefully placed glitter, curved, straight lines of black bliss. Red lips, flushed cheeks, and gorgeous, long eyelashes. Ambrose sighed at his reflection. Was it so wrong that this brought him so much joy?"

Deleted user

I've got a couple, from the same story-
"Maybe this person will help me find Seric. Break her out of prison or break the news. If shes dead I won't cry. For my own reputation as an ex-Terrac. No, a Terrac. Not ex. Anyway, I'm already done waiting for her. Maybe they decided I needed yet another doctor to fix my head."

"I'm laughing so hard. She's alive.. I'm making sure she's really here, her hands, neck, and face. Her metal prosthetic. I focus on her eyes; Which look horrified."

"The Energy pumps through my veins,  like it might explode.
I need to run. I can't live here after this."

Deleted user

Slowly, she turns to face him.

"And that's why I can't, shouldn't, won't, love you. I always thought we were 'forever', but forever means something different for someone who doesn't age, doesn't it?"

Deleted user

Slowly, she turns to face him.

"And that's why I can't, shouldn't, won't, love you. I always thought we were 'forever', but forever means something different for someone who doesn't age, doesn't it?"

(gaspppp i love thisssss)

Deleted user

(Thank you! If I ever get around to finishing my current WIP, I can send whoever wants to read it a link to the doc!)

@wordlesswriter

"Maybe this person will help me find Seric. Break her out of prison or break the news. If shes dead I won't cry. For my own reputation as an ex-Terrac. No, a Terrac. Not ex. Anyway, I'm already done waiting for her. Maybe they decided I needed yet another doctor to fix my head."

"I'm laughing so hard. She's alive.. I'm making sure she's really here, her hands, neck, and face. Her metal prosthetic. I focus on her eyes; Which look horrified."

so ominous :) i love it

Deleted user

so ominous :) i love it

Thank you! :D

@larcenistarsonist group

He laughs, swiping a dust-gloved hand through his hair. It’s shaggy. He needs a haircut. “We’ll be fine. There’s thousands and thousands of soldiers in this war, what are the odds that we’re going to be the few killed?” He smiles, teeth flashing in the low light.

"That is an absolutely terrible way to look at our situation.” Mischa shakes her head and pushes past him, flicking the flashlight attached to the barrel of her rifle. Much like when they were children, Mischa reclaims the lead. Her beacon darts from corner to corner of the narrow passage as she searches for the source of some irritating scuttling noise.

(“It’s rats,” her brother told her half an hour ago. “It could be something else!” “Mice?”)

@wordlesswriter

(How about this one?)
"They were fast, with trained wolves to travel quickly on and weapons to instill the fear they desired, but Raven knew the Valley. She knew the shortcuts and the quickest ways to lose them. She had years of running, years of mastering the practice of escaping. The Enforcers didn’t stand a chance."

@Starfast group

I found this while looking for another quote. I forgot I even wrote this. I love writing these two

“It’s nice of you to offer,” Garzlan said, “But I’m going to keep Ravina in charge of the sails for now. The weather’s picking up, and I’m not sure how she’ll fare. I honestly don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to her, so let’s just keep things as they are for now!”
Ravina’s brow furrowed, deep in thought for a moment. “Are you talking about me or the boat?”
“The boat, Ravina,” Garzlan shouted, “The boat!”
Keyla was just close enough to Ravina to hear her let out an exasperated sigh. “All right,” Ravina said, “I’ll stay here, but we’re going to be talking about this later.”
“I– no!” Garzlan exclaimed. “You know what I meant, right? I don’t know what I’d do without you either!”

And here's the passage I was actually looking for

“Do you know which house is hers?” Keyla asked as she tried to find some small trait that would distinguish each house from its neighbour. But if there were any differences between them they were few and far between. It was as though the whole city had been designed to be as confusing as possible.
“The sixth or seventh on the left after the next crossroad,” Savona replied confidently.
“The sixth or the seventh?” Calidor asked.
“Yes.”
“Well, which is it?”
Savona shrugged. “I guess we’ll find out when we get there.”
“You’re really ready to just show up at a stranger’s house, huh?”

@Pepsi-spilled-on-the-pages

Only 2 of these are in order. And most of these are from like the same chapter cause I'm lazy to find more

“Exactly! I sit here with you and I forget. I forget that I’m supposed to hate you, even if it’s just for a moment. I mean for goodness’ sake I’m out here on a god damn picnic with you.”

“It’s better than hiding forever, Kenzo. I just want to go back to living a normal life. Is that too much to ask?”

“I- I don’t know what to… what to say I-” I took a step back trying to get closer to the shore when a wave knocked me over.
“Hector!” I tried to stand back up but the waves pushed me down. Kenzo wrapped his arms around me pulling me above the water. I took a deep breath, and Kenzo pulled me back to shore. My breath was still shaky. I laid down on the sand coughing up any water I had swallowed.

“It’s not the ocean. You can’t get knocked down by a wave.” I blushed slightly out of embarrassment. “Come on, join me, Hector.”

“Loosen up a little. You look so stiff.” He put his hands on my shoulder and gently shook me. I let out a small laugh and he let go, smiling back at me. His eyes looked soft, and he had a beaming smile. He seemed genuinely happy. The sun lit his face up and droplets of water dripped from his hair.

“If you don’t like me, it’s fine… but I don’t want you to lead me on-” I cut him off, grabbed his face, and kissed him. Maybe it was the alcohol that made me do it. Or maybe I do really like him. But he kissed me back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. His lips pressed against mine. I pulled away first.

Before I knew it, drops of blood fell to my feet

@wordlesswriter

Only 2 of these are in order. And most of these are from like the same chapter cause I'm lazy to find more

“Exactly! I sit here with you and I forget. I forget that I’m supposed to hate you, even if it’s just for a moment. I mean for goodness’ sake I’m out here on a god damn picnic with you.”

“It’s better than hiding forever, Kenzo. I just want to go back to living a normal life. Is that too much to ask?”

“I- I don’t know what to… what to say I-” I took a step back trying to get closer to the shore when a wave knocked me over.
“Hector!” I tried to stand back up but the waves pushed me down. Kenzo wrapped his arms around me pulling me above the water. I took a deep breath, and Kenzo pulled me back to shore. My breath was still shaky. I laid down on the sand coughing up any water I had swallowed.

“It’s not the ocean. You can’t get knocked down by a wave.” I blushed slightly out of embarrassment. “Come on, join me, Hector.”

“Loosen up a little. You look so stiff.” He put his hands on my shoulder and gently shook me. I let out a small laugh and he let go, smiling back at me. His eyes looked soft, and he had a beaming smile. He seemed genuinely happy. The sun lit his face up and droplets of water dripped from his hair.

“If you don’t like me, it’s fine… but I don’t want you to lead me on-” I cut him off, grabbed his face, and kissed him. Maybe it was the alcohol that made me do it. Or maybe I do really like him. But he kissed me back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. His lips pressed against mine. I pulled away first.

Before I knew it, drops of blood fell to my feet

Oh. My. God. That ending!!!

Oh. My. God. That ending!!!

Funny thing is, that's the first line. the rest of the paragragh continues as "I tried to look at my attacker, but my vision was clouded by falling tears and a shadow that hid his face. The knife lodged in my side was then pulled out, making my body slump to the ground. I was stabbed."

@maglo-the-stressed-person language

Thus, the kitchen survived a near-arson, and the house has once again slept through a Saturday.
"I will not. Enjoy your ashen delights. I'm going to sleep."
"Fire! Ex! Tinguisher!" "We don't need a fire extinguisher, the smoke will leave in a moment!" "It is literally on fiiiiire!" "STOOP YELLING!" "AHHHHHHHHHHH"

@tomat brightness_7

"It felt righteous to him to punish the one who commited such a bestial crime. What was not righteous, however, was taking the life of the one whom he once called friend."

Deleted user

"It was hard for me to look at him, the tears swimming in my eyes, blurring my vision. It was as if I plunged in the ocean and someone had cut my lifeline. All I could do was drown.
His fingers grazed my arm, bringing me back to the surface but the look on his face was a wave that wrecked my heart and burned my lungs. All I could do was drown. "

@toy_soldiers1020

It’s lucky she managed to catch him, because his left foot is completely shot.
“You jumped out of a window, didn’t you?” she asks nonchalantly. He stiffens.
“I can’t talk about that."
or
But she hardly stops to look down on Ezra’s body before she’s kneeling to cut Lou’s hands free. He’s tied to a student’s chair; one of the ones with a detachable desk in front, and he’s gagged. Although she knows he must be surprised to see her, he hasn’t reacted except to track her with his eyes. Once his hands are free, she looks up at his face.
“Can you untie your gag while I cut your legs free?” she asks. He doesn’t respond besides blinking vacantly. She wonders if Ezra might have drugged him.
or
I need to start being polite to people in my head. even if it doesn't outwardly show, it would certainly make me feel like a better person. which would be a start. but I probably won't.
and- last one
The other girl's grip is firm and measured, Rhea notes, but she's also somehow certain Callisto could break her hand if she wanted to. It's a jarring certainty to have about someone you've only just met.

“I-I’m sorry. I know you don’t want me touching you. But…” He held onto me tightly, his voice quivered as he spoke. Without saying anything I wrapped my arms around him too.

Deleted user

" I try to forget that tyler is surveying the pool area. It turns out that swimming around like a crazy banshee with your best friends is the perfect recipe to forget who you, much less who the lifeguard is. Up until the moment a man sized turd floats up from the water and stares at you." (its very unedited, but bare with it)