forum O/O anyone?
Started by @Becfromthedead group
tune

people_alt 62 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Hey, I'm back from a long hiatus and kind of wanted to rp again.
I'd most like to do something action-packed, either Sci-fi, fantasy, etc. Romance optional.
If anyone sees this and wants to pick one of our old rps back up, just lmk!

@larcenistarsonist group

Oho hell yeah

I do prefer fantasy over sci fi but I do have a couple ideas???

• Rogue-ish siblings getting revenge on someone who wronged them/a coup of some sort
  • masquerade, two assassins from enemy Kingdoms sent to kill the same guy oho
  • sorcerer and their apprentice try to fuck shit up and cause problems

These are just quick ideas akhdsj I'm down with anything really

@larcenistarsonist group

Hell yeah! Do you have any sort of idea what kind of dynamic you want? Obviously the first one would be familial/platonic, but the second one could be platonic/romantic/odd sort of in between?

@larcenistarsonist group

!! epic

i think it would be best to use templates to get things set up granted the siblings will already know each other asldkfj

also! why do you think the siblings would be out for revenge? i have a few ideas but we don't have to use them asdklfj

• a Bad Guy overthrew their parents and seized a throne; the siblings barely made it out alive and are out for revenge
  • the mayor of their village is a Bad Guy who mistreats everyone
  • their other sibling was killed by Bad Guy
  • Bad Guy stole one (or both) of their powers/magic

@Becfromthedead group

I'm down for option one or three. Lots of drama involved in those 👀👀👀
I'd also love to play siblings with a kinda difficult relationship. They've usually had trouble finding common ground, but they've been united by vengeance

@larcenistarsonist group

Ohoho

👀👀 So Bad Guy infiltrated their home, killed their parents and siblings and stole the throne while they just barely got away.

What age are we thinking for the siblings? (I'm thinking 18-28 range?) Do we want them to be twins?

@larcenistarsonist group

Perfect! I think my character is going to be around 24ish, so that'll give you a point to go off of with yours. Since this is fantasy are we thinking a fantasy universe with lots of magic? low magic? monsters at all?

@Becfromthedead group

Maybe low magic? Nothing too op, like simple attack spells, simple healing, alchemy, etc. But yes to monsters and magical dangers. We love extra peril in this house <3
I'm trying to decide on whether to play a younger or older sibling. Any preference there? I'm not really certain which character I'm using yet, or if I need to make a new one.

@larcenistarsonist group

Hell yeah!! I was thinking just along with what you are. Monsters and creatures and only a lil bit of magic to help them along the way <3333

I'm fine with playing either, but I do say I think I would rather play the younger

@larcenistarsonist group

aksldkfj Epic!! I'll play the younger sister! should we make up a quick template? We can figure out their combined backstories together.

We said that we want them to have a difficult relationship,,, how do we want to play that? Different ideas of revenge? Different methods of wanting to enact that? Different moral compasses?

@Becfromthedead group

I'm thinking maybe all of the above, plus a difficult view of their home life? Different reasons for revenge? Maybe the brother is set to get the throne back, but the sister is out to avenge the family?
OR
One of them was kind of the golden child, the other felt like they were inferior?
Or even a combo of the two.

@larcenistarsonist group

ohoho!! like the brother, since he's the oldest, wants only to get the throne back because all their parents did was teach him how to be a good king. the sister, the younger and third in line (maybe? still unsure where we should put the deceased third sibling) wasn't even considered for the throne and all she wants to do is slaughter the people who took her family and home from her?? that could be good

@Becfromthedead group

Ooh yeah. Maybe the third sibling is older than both of them? An older sister, but it was supposed to go to the oldest son?
Anywayyyy, that's a good setup for some drama

@larcenistarsonist group

oooooogh!!! yes and the older sister and the younger sister were particularly close so that's why the younger sister is so out for revenge!! this sounds like a pretty good exposition

@Becfromthedead group

For sure! What all should we include in our character descriptions? We kind of have that backstory and motivation already, so it won't have to be quite as in-depth.

@larcenistarsonist group

hell yeah! I think we could put just a little bit of backstory into their templates, but it doesn't have to be too in-depth. I'll let you figure out what their last name/house name will be and I'll name the older sister?

I'm thinking just something like this? I'll let you fill it out first so I can copy with appearance, yknow?

Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Appearance:
Typical Clothing:

Personality:
Talents/Skills:
Favored Weapon:

Brief Backstory:
Other??: