forum Love Potions and Sharp Teeth ✨🔮🦇
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 79 followers

@Fenrir

(Ah yes the queer urge to sit in anything but a chair, and when a chair the wrongest way possible, I feel ya Alex XD)
Cas took a quick look around the room as Mr Mecredis began writing formulas up on the board. Ignoring the eyes he did meet as much as he could. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Vampires, most he met were actually very nice, at least those who ventured into his shop, either out of curiosity or genuine need for his assistance. There were a few Vampires that came into his shop to mock and make fun of Cas but most were harmless…most. He had only had two incidents where things had gotten violent. Thankfully Cas had managed out of the situations mostly unscathed, though the shop did suffer a broken window and some charred framing from a fire. He swept his gaze to the back of the class, pausing when he saw Alex surrounded by his friends, smiling and relaxed.
“Mr Leroux, what could possibly be so interesting at the back of my class?” Mr Mecredis was now directly looking at Cas, a flash of red in his otherwise grew eyes. Cas snapped his attention back to the front of the room and shook his head, “N-Nothing sir, just looking for my notebook.”
Me Mecredis arched an eyebrow as he peered down at Cas. “The same notebook that happens to be in front of you and unopened, Mr Leroux?” He asked unconvinced. Cas’ cheeks bloomed a deep red, while a sharp shiver shot down his back when he felt the gaze of half the class on him, the half class of vampires who could no doubt sense his quickening pulse, upon him. “Y-yes sir, that one. I’m sorry.” He managed out as he dug out a pencil from his bag and began to copy down the notes, keeping his head bent low and his eyes on the front. No more looking back at the pretty vampire boy. Cas didn’t even think Alex knew who he was anyways. Well, he knows now. Cas shook away the thought, willing himself not to grow even more embarrassed.
“Take a seat Mr Nithe. It seems that you and Mr Leroux have the same late scheduling today and the ability to continuously interrupt my class.” Jeckle Nithe settled beside Alex, offering a grin before taking out his own notebook. Jeckle was the only vampire Cas knew well, and he wished he really didn’t. Jeckle was one of those people you never knew the next move of. One day he could be friendly and playful while the next standoffish and pissed. Today seemed like a good day. Can offered a shy smile of his own and relaxed slightly, sliding his notebook over so Jeckle could copy down the notes he had missed. Jeckle slid a piece of paper over to Cas as he took the notebook.

@Fenrir

(also I will be throwing in some song that I think fit the rp, just for fun, feel free to do the same!)
(NFWMB - by Hozier)

@Tired-but-passionate

(Sure! Lol you might’ve heard some of them before tho)
(Scared of the Dark - Lil Wayne and Ty Dolla $ign, feat. XXXTentacion)
(Dynasties and Dystopias - Denzel Curry, Gizzle and Bren Joy)
(Rolex - Camilo and Mau y Ricky)

@Fenrir

(woo glad you like it! One of my favorite singers if you want to look up more of his songs, I'll post some more songs as we go on!)

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex took out his notebook and began half-heartedly writing down the formulas. Mostly though, he subconsciously started doodling or looking around the room again. His eyes drifted, about to cross over to that witch Cas again, when Dr. Mecredis called out his name. Alex startled, as if he was the one being called out. Indeed, he could sense the witch’s pulse, and was naturally drawn to it, but his exchange with the professor made him cringe in sympathy. He could hear a few of his friends whispering nearby, but it was likely they were taking advantage of Dr. Mecredis being distracted, and nothing more.
When Nithe arrived, the class’s concentrated attention on Cas was more dispersed, or at least split. Alex’s gaze lingered on the witch for a moment or two, but he soon returned to doodling in his notebook.
He did know who Cas was, actually, but the funny thing was that he thought Cas didn’t know about him. He just assumed he was more popular in the vampire circles than the witch ones, and besides, Cas wasn’t really in a circle anyway.
Alex shook his head to himself. He needed to focus.

@Fenrir

(just two gays who can't communicate, even if their lives depend on it😂)
Cas surpressed a sigh as he unfolded yet another one of Jeckles requests. Usually cas would fulfill the requests, remedies for hangovers, spells to stay awake longer to study (at least that's what cas hoped Jeckle was doing,) and small things like that, but when cas read over the paper, he started to shake his head. "Jeckle I can't do this i-"
"Sure you can Cas, what other witch can. Besides it's not the long term one, just a few weeks. Please cas, it's for a friend"
Cas persed his lips, glancing up to make sure Mr Mecredis had finished writing notes and had sat down to let the students work.
"It'll make them so happy Cas, please? It's just to help encourage a small crush. I promise if anything happens I'll take the blame." Jeckle continued, flicking his gaze behind him at who Cas assumed was some of Alex's friends. Jeckle grinned before nudging the paper towards Cas. "I just need it by tomorrow, in the west dorms common room." Cas sighed and snatched the paper away and stashed it into his bag. "So not only do you want a potion I don't make regularly but you also want me dilever said potion?" Cas inqiried, the fact that the west dorms were home to most Vampires on campus, including Alex and his friends didn't slip his thoughts. "At what time exactly?" Jeckle gave a charming smile "at eight ish? No later than nine." Cas nearly groan and rubbed his eyes still tired. "Fine, but you owe me big-time."

@Tired-but-passionate

(Yepppp aha. Also, Cas is a drug dealer lowkey ahahshdjdk)

Funnily enough, once Dr. Mecredis stopped talking and writing stuff down, Alex could actually copy into his notebook with more earnest. He filled an entire page with notes, some it kind of messy and indecipherable, but hey, it was an entire page. Soon Alex had pulled out his phone and was exchanging silent notes and messages with his friends. It was the usual things, just sending memes or making plans for later. Sometimes they would look up and exchange glances, trying not to laugh.

@Fenrir

(XD oh no he is, of love potions!)

By the time class was over, Cas had simultaneously finished the worksheet Mr Mecredis had given out, and had compiled a list of supplies he’d need for Jeckle’s potion. He glanced up at the sound of the bell and gathered his things, shoving all but the class worksheet into neat folders and putting them into his backpack. “I expect you to be on time next class, Mr Leroux.” Mr Mecredis said as Cas handed over the worksheet. “Yes sir, time escaped me today.” Mr Mecredis nodded slight “and mr Leroux? Careful with Mr Nithe. He’s a good kid but he can be…intense. If you feel uncomfortable at all near him, come to me or any of the other professors, please.” Cas nodded, slightly dumbfounded. “Thank you, Sir.” He said softly before making his way out of the class and down the hall, already feeling lighter as he rounded the corner and headed towards the exit closest to the apothecary. Cas put in headphones and started to softly hum the song.

He breathed in deeply as he unlocked the shop doors, smiling softly at the jingling above from the door bell. Flicking on various lights, he set his bag behind the counter and unplugged his headphones to let the song from his phone drift throughout the store from a few speakers he had hidden in shelves. He dragged over a rusted old cauldron from the back storage room and started preparing for the Love potion. Making sure the doors were locked and all curtains were drawn, Cas began gathering ingredients fo the potion. Hibiscus petal, yerrow root, appleseeds from the rare white apple, a siren tear of joy, a crystal from the Bergian mountains and other base items that would make up the stock of the potion. All the while he sang softly whatever song would come up on shuffle through the speakers. This was Cas’ evenings, usually spent alone in his apothecary, restocking or making last minute potions for regulars. He had never thought much about his life, lonely for the most part and never that adventurous but it was calming, especially after such a long day. Cas threw everything into the couldron along with water from a special spring at his parent’s home and started stirring the brew, watching as the potion changed from a muddy brown to a vibrant pink.
(Carolina - Taylor Swift
This too shall pass - Danny Schmidt
Icy River - lost in the trees)

@Tired-but-passionate

Secretly talking to his friends left Alex not much time to do the worksheet, so he had to rush to get it done. He turned it in to Professor Mecredis at the end of class and did not stick around to see his reaction. Once he was fully out of the room, one of his friends took his arm and immediately started asking about what he put down for the answers.

It was a normal day, if not a little mundane. He went back to his dorm and finished homework from other classes. His phone lit up with an incoming call from his father. He ignored it. He took a moment to clean up his dorm a little, then went out and met up with his friends to get ox blood shakes. It was at a small cafe that only they seemed to know about, with stores of various animal blood and small pastries or snack foods. There was a store of human blood too, sourced from donors. While they enjoyed their shakes, Alex and his friends took silly pictures together, posted them on social media and such. He got a call from his father. He ignored it. His friends split up, saying their goodbyes, and he and his roommate Rain wandered around a bit before eventually heading back to their dorm.
Rain immediately flopped on the bed, but Alex went over and took his guitar that was leaning against the wall and gave her a look. Rain sighed, but she smiled and reached out under their bed and brought out their electric keyboard anyway. Alex sat on his bed, held the guitar against him and stroked a few chords.
Rain was his best friend. Even though Alex only met her when they became roommates, they clicked pretty early on and talked easily with each other. Rain being a fellow musician wasn’t a bad touch either. They sat across from each other, trying out a few melodies. Once they settled on one, Alex took the main melody, and Rain harmonized and complimented it. It was a bit random, and some parts could have sounded better, but it wasn’t meant to be good or perfect. They were just having fun with it.
Just as they came close to ending the melody, Alex’s phone lit up. His father was calling him. Alex stopped playing, and deep sigh escaped him. Realizing he had stopped, Rain did so as well.
“What is it?” They asked.
“Just need to take this,” Alex said, taking the phone and standing up. He left his guitar on the bed, then went into the bathroom for some privacy. Maybe he didn’t have to do this, but he couldn’t be too sure.

@Fenrir

cas held up the potion vial up to the light, swirling it until he could see the luminescent shimmers throughout liquid. He smiled proudly for a moment before he realized what he was going to do. He prayed that Jeckle knew what he was doing with this. This wasn't something to be toyed with, in the wrong situation, a love potion could prove to he dangerous. He sighed softly and carefully plced the vial in his bag, taking care not to kkock it against something important like his textbooks or computer.
As he shouldered his backpack and locked the door to his apothicary, Cas wondered what Jeckle of all people, known as the bad boy vampire throughout the school, could possibly want with love potion. He didn't have any crushes or lovers that Cas knew about, though he did know quite a few people who liked him. Cas didn't think Jeckle cruel enough to give any of his admirers a love potion for no reason. He sighed deeply, for the millionth time questioning his choice in friends and texted Jeckle, telling him he was on his way to the Western Dorms and would wait in the common room. Cas tugged on his hoodie and started his walk to the vampire quarter once again.
The moment heckle received a text from Cas, he sent one to Rain, a grin on his features as he slipped from the shadows and headed down the stairs to the common room. "Time to get these love birds together. Get Alex downstairs, I'll make sure Cas stays long enough for the potion to work it's magic."

@Fenrir

(yeah didn't really think through how'd they'd get Alex and cas in the same place, I'll add to my response in a bit,)

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex answered the call and held the phone up to his ear. ”Hola, papá.”
“Jeremías, mi hijo, it is good to hear from you. How are things?” His father answered in a gruff but concerned voice.
“Good,” Alex answered a little awkwardly. “It’s— uh, I had a good day today.”
“Good, good.” There was the sound of a cough. “Listen, may I speak to you?”
Alex’s muscles tensed. “Y— yeah, sure. What is it?”
“Are you coming to Sunday mass?”
He sighed, shaking head. ”Papá, I can’t. I’m busy, okay? Tests to study for, people to see, you know?”
“I’m sure you can set aside one morning to come. Abuela and abuelo want to see you. I want to see you, Jeremías.”
“I know. I’ll come and see you, I promise. Just not Sunday, okay?”
He heard his father sigh. “I’m concerned for your soul, hijo. Coming to mass would be good for you. Are you staying away from witches?”
Alex frowned. “I guess? Papá, that’s something I can’t really avoid here, you know.”
Another sigh. “I don’t understand why you wanted to go to this school.”
”Papá, don’t start…”
“You need to be really careful, Jeremías, I’m serious. It would be better if you went to one of the vampire academies around here.”
Did you call me just to convince me to only do what you want? He want to say it, but he couldn’t. “I’m being careful, I promise.”

Meanwhile, Rain was reclining on the bed and waiting when she received the message from Jeckle. She chuckled to themself, sitting up. ”Finally. Just give me a couple of minutes,” they replied. She got up, and went up to the bathroom door. Alex seemed to be conversing with his father completely in Spanish now, but it wasn’t long before he said ”Adiós,” and hung up. Rain waited until he came out of the bathroom. Alex looked more down, hanging his head low.”
“Uh, hey,” Rain leaned towards him. “You okay?”
“Hm?” His eyes focused on her. “Oh, yeah. Yeah.” Even though he and Rain were close, he didn’t like to talk much about his family, not with anyone.
She suspected, though. “You sure? We can… go get something to drink, if you want.”
Alex shrugged. “Eh, why not. I wanna come back and play, though.”
They nodded. “Yeah, sure.” They took him down to the common area.