forum Love Potions and Sharp Teeth ✨🔮🦇
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 79 followers

@Fenrir

Jeckle was lounging on the couch in the corner of the common when Cas came, glancing up with a grin from his phone he heard footsteps. Cas fidgetted nervously by the door. While he was comfortable in class with other vampires, it was rare where he found himself being the only witch in the room, let alone the entire building. "It really had to be at night? I couldn't give this to you tomorrow morning or something?" Cas asked, stepping deeper into the room.
"You forget we're vampires, Cas. Mornings are hard for us. Besides, I won't be here tomorrow, visiting parents and stuff for the weekend." replied, patting the space beside him. Cas decidedly perched on the arm of the chair and pulled his backpack to his front, rummaging through until he found the vial of love potion. Jeckle tilted his head, his smile faltering for a moment. "You witches are truly magical." He mused, glancing down at his phone when Rain texted back. Cas cupped the small vial in his hand, a flicker of pride alighting in his chest. He only hoped the potion would be used for good. "So who's this for?" Cas asked curiously, curling up against the couch.

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex wished he could forget the entire phone call. Well, mostly. It was nice to hear from his father again, but if only they could properly communicate. If only he didn’t feel the need to save Alex’s soul, whatever that meant. They were vampires, weren’t they already damned? Subconsciously, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his rosary, twisting it around his palm.
Rain looked on, a little worried this was a bad time. But who knows. He would probably forget everything anyway. Plus, there may not be another opportunity like this.
As they entered the commons, Rain smirked at the sight of Jeckle and Cas sitting on the couch. “Well, well, well. Look who it is,” she said, turning to Alex.
Something in Alex’s chest heaved when he saw Cas. He gripped the rosary tightly in his hand. “Cas?” He said softly. “What are you…?”

@Fenrir

"ah, ah, ah, I can't tell you that. What would be the fun in ruining a perfectly good surprise? I promise you'll like it." Jeckle chided with a smile. "I really hate your surprises you know that right?" Cas grumbbled, covering a yawn with his free hand and closing his eyes for a moment. He had spent so much energy today, not only in his classes but at the apothicary too, the love potion needing to draw from his own source more than what Cas was used to. What he would to go back home and dissapear into the blanket and pillows on his bed. But not yet, he wouldn't even keep his eyes closed here for more than a few seconds, not when he was a foot away from Jeckle and the only witch in the dorms. He felt guilty for immediately thinking that at any vulnerable moment, Jeckle or any of the other vampires would jump to feast on his blood, knowing full well that it had never happened before. This was a school meant to bring them together, no matter the biases each side had, they all collectively knew how important this was for the future generations of witches and vampires. Cas jerked up into a sitting position when he heard a voice from the elevators and whipped around, only to find Rain striding through and…"Alex?" Cas breathed. He turned his gaze to Jeckle who had stood to greet the other vampires. For a moment, Cas thought he saw a tint of red in Jeckle's cheek as he looked at Rain. He shook his head slightly, and focused on Alex, or as much as he could without turning into a jelly. He wasn't used to his full attention, up until now he hadn't even been sure if Alex knew who he was outside of classes. "I-i was just delivering a-"
"Drink!" Jeckle cut in, looping his arm around Cas' shoulders and smiling. "Cas' was delivering us some drinks. Thought it'd be nice to relax tonight. We've all had pretty busy schedules. What's a few drinks here and there to relax?" Jeckle asked, tugging Cas over to the table and procuring cup from the common room kitchen.

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex tried to remember to breathe. Cas knew his name? Indeed, he certainly forgot the phone call in about three seconds, pressing his rosary to his chest and unsure whether to look at Cas or Rain. Finally, they landed on the latter.
“Did you know about this?” He whispered frantically.
“Mayyybe,” she giggled cheekily. “Look, I didn’t think he’d bring a witch up here. Especially this one in particular.” They tried to hide anything betraying in her voice.
He didn’t know whether to believe them or not. He turned to Jeckle and Cas instead, trying not to let his cheeks blush. “Um, thanks Cas. For— for the drinks.”
“Yeah,” Rain agreed. “It would be good to relax tonight.” She went over and helped Jeckle with the cups, effectively abandoning Alex’s side. Hesitantly, he inched over to the table.

@Fenrir

Cas threw a glare towards Jeckle as he came back to his side. "Heckle what are you doing?" Cas asked in a whisper, suddenly clutching at…nothing. His eyes widened and he frantically looked around for the potion now gone. His eyes landed on Jeckle, a knowing grin on his features as he gave a shrug and turned back to make the drinks. Before Cas could interven with whatever Jeckle and apparently Rain were planning, he turned back to Alex, trying his best not to shrink back in embarrassment, and guilt. "Y-You're welcome. Are-" he looked up when Jeckle came back, and took the offered cup of what looked like a cocktail mix, though case couldn't smell any alcohol. He looked at the rest of the cups, searching for the familiar shimmer of the love potion. It was too dim in the common room to make out the familiar gleam.
"Come on, let's sit, it's been a while since we caught up." Jeckle gestured towards the couches and settled in the corner. Cas once again settled on the arm of the long couch but didn't dare touch the mocktail, fearing Jeckle wouldn't be above tricking him into drinking his own love potion.

@Tired-but-passionate

Rain handed Alex his cup, and he realized he had been so caught up with Jeckle and Cas’s appearance that he forgot to ask the most basic of questions. He stared at the liquid, his eyebrows furrowing. “Wait, I forgot to ask. What drink is this?”
If it was an alcoholic cocktail, he wouldn’t drink it. He had been raised with the communion wine, but that was about it. He wasn’t interested in going beyond that, at least for now. He also didn’t smell anything like alcohol, but wanted to ask anyway.
Rain gestured for him to come over to the couches, and he followed. Rain sat next to Jeckle, and Alex decided to sit next to Rain, putting him in between her and Cas.

@Fenrir

Jeckle took a sip and waved a hand “Nothing Alcoholic. Cas is lightweight. Besides I couldn’t find anything good in the pantry. Just some fruit juices and seltzer water.” He explained, casually draping his arm over the back of the couch, nearly touching Rain. Cas thought it painfully cute how matcho Jeckle was trying to be while also clearly trying to make a move on Rain. Cas laughed softly to himself and decided the drink was safe enough to consume, enjoying the sweetness and slight fizz of it. He wondered if Jeckle would be interested in bartending, if he could make good drink out of such simple things like fruit juices, he couldn’t imagine what Jeckle could do with alcohol. He watched in slight amazement when Alex sat beside him but soon shoved the fluttering in his heart for logical reasoning. He sat next to Rain who happened to leave a space beside them that happened to also be next to Cas. Thats all. He took another sip of the drink, before he noticed the rosary wrapped around Alex/ hand. He tipped his head curiously, and studied the intricate carvings of the cross and beads. “beautiful,” he commented softly. “T-the necklace.” He clarified quickly. “The necklace is beautiful.” He confirmed, glancing up only to catch Jeckle’s sympathetic smile. Cas quickly looked away and focused on Alex. “You’re religious?” He asked, trying his best to make light conversation to distract himself from Jeckle’s plan. Perhaps the potion was in Rain’s cup, or maybe even in Jeckle’s. Maybe it was to give him confidence to talk to the girl and Cas and Alex were his support group. Yeah that was probably it. But Cas had been watching both Jeckle and Rain drink multiple times from their cups and neither seemed to be affected. Perhaps he had made the potion wrong? No he was sure, no, positive, he had made the potion right. Then maybe it wasn’t enough potion to have an effect, at least a more noticeable effect.

@Tired-but-passionate

(Drinking fruit juice with all my fruity pals)

“Cool,” Alex nodded, and turned to Cas. “And honestly, same here.” He offered the witch a light smile, trying to hide the fact that he was internally screaming. He wanted to give him and Cas more space, but at the same time did not want to get closer to whatever was going on with Rain and Jeckle. She was giving him looks that either meant she was flirting or scheming with him.
He looked down at his hand, still squeezing the rosary. “Oh, you mean the rosary?” He asked. “Thanks. I’m not, but my family is. It’s just something that’s nice to hold, I guess,” he shrugged, somehow still coming off as casual and chill. He put it back in his pocket, then held the cup to his lips and took a drink. It was sugary, but just so. Hopefully it would help him calm down a bit.
Alex swallowed, and rested the cup in both hands. For a moment, he was silent as a strange feeling rose behind his eyes. It was like he was about to cry, but at the same like firecrackers were going off in his nerves. A little confused, he rubbed his eyes, thinking the feeling would go away on its own. When it did, he looked back at Cas, but something was different. Was he… prettier than normal? He was already pretty, of course, but it seemed like Alex could see every little detail in his face and hair, and the way it came together seemed magnified. Every freckle, every curve and divot in the skin, the way his dark hair fell into his eyes. Those vibrant, forest green eyes….
Alex’s own eyes flashed crimson, then blood red. They stayed that way as his gaze became more and more intense as he stared at the prettified witch boy. His cheeks flushed as though he were actually drunk, and his heart pounded in his chest. “Cas…” his voice came out husky, entranced.

@Fenrir

(the fruitiest of fruity people)
Cas nodded slightly, surprised to hear that Alex wasn't religious but his family was. He wasn't religious himself but he could understand the appeal of wanting to belong to a group that believed so passionately about the same thing. "Helps calm the jitters." Cas agreed, tugging a chain from where it was hidden under his shirt with an emerald stone drop, rubbed smooth. He looked up at Jeckle once more, trying to determine whether he was being affected by the potion or not. It didn't seem like it, though Cas could see how relaxed he was near Rain. All the bravado and bad boy complex seemed to melt away when he was near her. He was no longer immune to her smiles and teases. Cas felt an pang of pride for his friend, glad that Jeckle had found someone who he genuinely liked other than Cas himself. Cas' brows furrowed slightly when he felt heat rise to his cheeks, the feeling that someone watching him itched at his subconscious. He slowly tore his gaze away from Jeckle and Rain and found Alex staring right back at him, eyes nearly glowing red under the dimm lights of the common room. His heart nearly stopped when Alex said with name, the sound so beautiful from the vampires lips, so wanting and perfect. "Oh no… Please no, not you." Cas whispered as he slowly moved off the couch and started to back away towards the door. Jeckle glanced up and tipped his head, having felt a shift in the air. "Oh finally, it actually worked. Thought you did something wrong Cas." He said, relieved as he stood from his place beside Rain. He watched as Cas backed away with genuine confusion. Cas glared at Jeckle "you gave him the love potion? I thought it was for you. Not him." Cas gestured towards Alex, trying not to meet his lustful gaze. "If I didn't, you'd both be trapped in a circle, just skirting over your feeling for each other. I'm trying to help." Jeckle argued, clearly not seeing a problem with this.

@Tired-but-passionate

As if pulled by strings, Alex stood up with Cas and moved towards him, his eyes locked on his retreating figure. He dropped the cup, the rest of the tainted liquid spilling on the floor. Inching towards Cas, he reached out and touched his arm, finding himself wanting to be close to him all the time. “You’re so… cute, and adorable…” It was strange, because he had these thoughts for a long time, but now he had to say them aloud, or else what was the point? And he wanted to say so much more…
Rain watched things unfold, amusement making her smile. But then they cringed when she heard Jeckle. “Hey babe, I don’t think he knows that Alex had feelings for him before… could have let him know about that first.”

@Fenrir

Cas' brows furrowed even more in confusion, momentarily distracted by Jeckle. "He doesn't have feelings for-" he gasped when he felt Alex touch his arm but didn't immediately pull back. He didn't expect a vampire to be so warm. Case shook his head frantically, wanting to convince himself that it was only the potion and nothing more making Alex say such embarrassingly adorable things. "Alex you're under a spell. You don't mean that." But Cas knew what he had created. He hadn't made a true love potion, suspecting Jeckle would use it not as intended (and he was partly correct) so he had modified it. It wasn't a traditional love potion where it made the individual completely love struck but more in the sense that it brought out their true desire and gave them whatever confidence they needed to show those feelings. So everything Alex said, as rediculous as it seemed was true. And Cas reciprocated. He had always been drawn to Alex for one reason or another but never in a million years did he think he had the strength to say anything remotely like a confession to the vampire. "Alex-" he took a deep breath, trying his best to calm his thundering heartbeat

Jeckle rolled his eyes before heading over to help Cas. "And I was supposed to know that how, darling?" He asked as he gently tugged Alex's arm, trying to put some distance between Cas and Alex. "Alright, come here loverboy. Don't scare the poor thing. Let's take this a few steps back."

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex tilted his head. He was under a spell? That didn’t make any sense. He hadn’t seen any magic being performed. He meant what he said, and wholeheartedly at that. These were his true feelings, they must be. But then, he paused. Cas looked scared, and he didn’t want him to be scared. He opened his mouth, about to say something when he felt something tug him away from Cas. He turned, and looked at Jeckle and Rain as though he was seeing them for the first time. At first he was confused again, but then a wave of sadness washed over him.
“I’m making him scared?” He asked, letting go of Cas’s arm. “Why?” He turned to the witch again, his red eyes dulling slightly from sorrow and the onset of tears. “Awww, I’m sorry,” he moaned. “I just wanted to be close to you… I don’t want to make you scared.”
Rain held a hand over their mouth. “I don’t know. I thought Cas would have told you in private at some point.” She got up and patted Alex’s shoulders sympathetically.

@Fenrir

"no!" Cas yelped, reaching for Alex's arm, gently squeezing in reassurance. He threw a glare to Jeckle over Alex's shoulder "no." He said a bit more firmly. "I'm not scared. I'm just…" He waved his free hand frantically in the air, searching for the right words, anything to erase the sadness from Alex's features. "I'm confused. I didn't even know you knew I existed this morning, let alone had any romantic feelings towards me." He laughed softly in disbelief, it even sounded weird to say. "I just need time to figure all this out." He explained, slowly taking a seat back down on the couch. "You don't scare me Alex, I promise. You on the other hand," he gave a pointed look to Jeckle.
Jeckle raised his hands in defense to both Rain and Cas. "Okay, I had good intentions. Cut me some slack. Besides, I didn't do anything that bad. The potion wears off after a few weeks." He argued with a small pout. "I truly meant no harm. I just didn't want to see you two go through college wondering what if."

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex’s eyes immediately flashed bright red again, and his cheeks flushed hard as Cas took his arm. He managed to calm down though, and he nodded as a smile came to his face. “I like you a lot,” he said simply. “And… if I heard Jeckle correctly, you like me too?” He watched Cas sit down, unable to keep himself from following and sitting down too. “You can take all the time you need,” he murmured. “I’m just glad I don’t scare you.”
But then he turned to Jeckle too. “Potion?” He looked down at the contents of his cup, still on the floor, and put two and two together. “Oh.” An uncomfortable feeling came to his gut. He wished he was told before he drank… “So, you basically magically drugged me. Got it.”
At this, Rain couldn’t help but snicker, and Alex knew she had been, to some degree, his accomplice. “Sorry, sorry,” she said quickly, trying to hide their smile. “Maybe we should just leave them alone now,” they suggested to Jeckle.

@Fenrir

Cas immediately went back to blushing as red as a tomato when Alex confirmed his confession. "I-!" He cleared his throat and flicked his gaze to a spot on the couch instead of Alex or anyone else in that room. "Y-yes. I do. A-a lot actually." He admitted shyly. A half smile returned to his face as he nodded "thanks, this all really weird to me, but somehow in a nice way." He glanced up fully at Alex and then at jeckle. Jeckle flinched and Cas could see he really wanted nothing more than to push him and Alex together. "I'm sorry, truly." He muttered.
"He's not the only one," Cas added on, "I'm the one who agreed to make the potion knowing what it did. Even if I didn't know it was for you, I shouldn't have made it." Cas bowed his head apologetically, gaze dropping to floor when he saw it had made Alex comfortable. " I'm Sorry Alex." Cas snapped his head up when he heard Rain and Jeckle we're leaving, slight worry crossing his features. It wasn't that he was afraid of being alone with Alex but with all that had just happened was it the best idea? Cas tried his best to calm down again, reassuring himself Alex wasn't going to do anything. "Uhm…okay. have a good night you two."

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex laughed. “Wow. Yeah, this is weird.” Then he looked between Cas and Jeckle, taking a few moments to process before he nodded. “I see… you’re forgiven. As long as you meant no harm.” He patted Cas’s head as he lowered it.
Rain noticed the look on his face, though, and decided to elaborate. “I mean, you two barely know each other, and considering you both know what’s actually going on now, you deserve some time to yourselves. Are you okay with that?”
“I am,” Alex said immediately. He was still looking at Cas when he said this, once again unable to tear his gaze away.

@Fenrir

Cas narrowed his eyes at the pair,"this wouldn't happen to also be a chance for you two to get some alone time as well?" Case asked innocently, grinning when Jeckle went crimson red. "Maaayybbe." Jeckle drew out, winking and giving a little wave and mouthing an 'I owe you' to Cas before following Rain. Case rolled his eyes playfully before nodded, and waving his hand. "We'll be okay," he reassured, gaze flicking to Alex before looking away quickly, still not used to his intense attention. "I'll call if anything happens. If not I'll see you in class next week." He reassured with a small, tired smile. "And yes, you do owe me Jeckle." He called with a laugh, relaxing into the couch and letting himself rest for what seemed like the first time that day. He closed his eyes, trusting Alex enough not try anything at least for a few moments and taking a few deep breaths in and out. "

@Tired-but-passionate

Rain gave Jeckle another look, and tugged him in the direction of the door. Alex laughed again and waved too. Once they were gone, he kept watching Cas for a few moments, letting him breathe.
Then he remembered something. “Oh! I didn’t get to finish earlier. You’re very cute, adorable, and I really like your freckles and your eyes, they’re very pretty. I also like your hair, it looks so fluffy and I want to touch it. Ahh, your laugh is so cute too! And I just like your voice, in general. Also, I’ve seen your handwriting and it’s so much better than mine. I also like the way you—“ he kept going on and on, gesturing with his hands and sometimes throwing in some Spanish.

@Fenrir

Cas's eyes flew open when he heard the flurry of compliments, shaking his head and waving his hands, an immediate blush flushing his cheeks flushing red. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, querido." Cas gebtoy placed his hands over top Alex's hands to get his attention. "I'm sorry, I just wasn't ready for all of that. You know you don't have say any of that right? I know your under the influence of the potion and stuff but you don't need to act overly nice." He took a breath to compose his thoughts before giving a little laugh and tugging down a strand of his hair. "You'd be surprised what a nightmare this is to maintain. The days where it gets fluffy are the days where I give up on trying." He tilted his head towards Alex. "You're more than welcome to touch it if you'd like."

@Tired-but-passionate

“Also—“ he would’ve gone on forever if he hadn’t felt Cas’s hands on his. Alex stopped, the flush on his cheeks intensifying as his mouth formed a small ‘o’ shape. ”Querido?” he repeated, unsure if he heard correctly. His lips pulled into an uncontrollable smile. “But I want to. It may be the potion talking, but I really want to. I can’t… I can’t keep it to myself.”
He chuckled a little. “Well, sometimes it’s okay to give up, y’know?” A small gasp left his lips. He reached out, petting Cas’s head at first, then tousling it. “It’s so soft!” He giggled. His movements slowed, and his expression became wistful and dreamlike. ”Querido…” he murmured. ”Cariño…. Chico…”

@Fenrir

Cas gently rested his head against Alex' arm, and light laugh escaping him. "Consider me 'given up' then. It's been far too long of a day for me to process much of anything now." He blushed at hearing the pet name repeated, then followed up by more. Case had learned Spanish as well as French and Italian through his latin teachers, finding it useful to know branching languages for his spells and potions but he never thought he'd be more grateful to know how to openly flirt with someone, let alone Alex. "J-just be careful. I don't want you doing anything you'd be uncomfortable with." Cas said softly, his concern fading bit by bit as he let himself be lulled into relaxation by Alex' voice. "Is that what you really think of me? Of all people i'd never guess you'd be attracted to a witch." He mused aloud. It had never really struck him how much his crush towards Alex could cause trouble for some still set in the old ways. Vampires fell for vampires and witches with witches. There had been few accounts where a witch and a vampire were allowed to be together, none that cas at least had heard of. Cas shook the thought away and decided to continue their little train of compliments instead "bellomi corazon…"

@Tired-but-passionate

Alex let him lean into him, welcoming the contact. He kept running his fingers through his hair, tempted to put his arm around Cas’s waist and hug him closer. But then he tilted his head. “I’m more worried about doing something you’re uncomfortable with,” he said. He smiled, loving his soft voice. “Well, I think it’s partially because you are unexpected,” he explained. “I was told that witches were evil pagans who worshipped Satan and always caused misfortune, so of course I had to go and fall in love with one.” He laughed nervously. “Not to mention that I’m expected to bring home a nice, quiet vampire girl, so obviously I’m gonna go for the complete opposite instead. Except, you are kinda quiet.” He shrugged. “I think I am just fascinated by things that are new and unfamiliar to me, and witches are like… the epitome of that?” He shrugged again. “I don’t know. Maybe I just like you because you’re tiny and nerdy and adorable.” Giggling to himself, he kept stroking the little witch’s hair, lulled by the sound of his voice. He never thought that Cas could speak Spanish too, and added that to the long list of things he liked about him. ”Lindo, mi amor…” he murmured into his dark locks.

@Fenrir

"you're the one under the potion's influence, Alex." Cas argued softly, nestling beside Alex and pulling his knees up to his chest. "No, actually you're not that far off. Some of us are pagan, unfortuneatly some of us to worship some sort of demon gods, most of us do like to cause some mischief, though that's not specific to witches." Cas blinked in surprise at hearing Alex say that he had fallen in love with him. He had been trying to avoid the word whenever describing his crush to Alex since they didn't know each other that well but now it stuck. Love. Could Cas say he loved Alex? He loved the way Alex was, he loved how warm alex was, not just physically but how welcoming he was with everyone, no matter who they were. He loved Alex' voice, how he could ramble on and on about something seemingly so unimportant yet capture everyone's attention. He loved Alex's touch, the gentle and caring way he was combing through Cas' hair only furthered his attraction. Cas' paused for a moment, oh gods he was in love with Alex, wasn't he? He sighed softly to surpress a whine. "Okay, I'm not that short. Everything else is subjective." He muttered, hiding his blush as he wrapped his arms around his legs. "Mi vida, mi tesoro" he murmured in reply, affectionately nudging his head against Alex's