forum what are your characters' favorite song(s)?
Started by @larcenistarsonist group
tune

people_alt 66 followers

@larcenistarsonist group

not what song describes them or what song you plan a little mental animatic to- no, what is your character's favorite song?? do they have favorite bands, do they detest a certain type of music!? tell me tell me

@GoodThingGoing group

Not a song, but Jackson's favorite musical is A Chorus Line. It's the first one he saw in-person and the one that sold him on going into musical theatre.
Beck's favorite band is Green Day. When Cora was still alive the two would upload covers of their songs to YouTube lol. His favorite song is either Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? because of the title or Jesus of Suberbia because it slaps but Basket Case is the one that describes him best

@_E_mil_

I think that Chris' favorite song may be "Whenever, wherever" by Shakira, which kinda also represents his relationship with another character but he's a big Shakira fan in general.
D'Angelo's favorite band is actually a made up one for my universe, 12Barrier, a band of latinoamerican rock but I think he would also really like Måneskin.

@squiddicus language

Not a song, but Jackson's favorite musical is A Chorus Line. It's the first one he saw in-person and the one that sold him on going into musical theatre.
Beck's favorite band is Green Day. When Cora was still alive the two would upload covers of their songs to YouTube lol. His favorite song is either Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? because of the title or Jesus of Suberbia because it slaps but Basket Case is the one that describes him best

beck has great taste

@GoodThingGoing group

beck has great taste

Thank you lol

@squiddicus language

riyah is very much into classical music but she also likes Of Monsters And Men (especially Your Bones)

blaze is kind of obsessed with avril lavigne. she also loves mitski, CHVRCHES and MARINA, as well as playing ABBA songs at three in the morning (if qili hears Gimme Gimme Gimme ONE MORE TIME blaze is going to end up dead-). her faves are all the classics like Dancing Queen and Voulez Vous
oh and she unashamedly loves boy bands as her emotional support music. her favourites are One Direction and McFly - especially the songs Star Girl, Happily and I Would.

qili likes me and my dad's music taste music from the eighties and nineties as well as indie and rock bands (plus some random stuff). her faves are Green Day (especially just the whole american idiot album), The Lumineers (she likes cleopatra), lovelytheband, Sea Power, Queen, Kasabian and Keane. she also listens to MARINA with blaze

ceryn loves film soundtracks so much. she listens to sci-fi soundtracks despite never wanting to actually watch any of the actual films. she likes to cry at sad music and piano stuff as well so she has a lot of Lewis Capaldi and Adele (she listens to Someone Like You on REPEAT) on her playlists.

nova is just a diehard musicals fan. she loves SIX and belts her favourite songs non-stop (Don't Lose Your Head and Ex-Wives). other musicals/songs she loves are Wicked, Chess, Evita and Moulin Rouge - she can be found singing Come What May loudly and out of tune any time of day. she also has a Grease obsession and attempts regularly to convert everyone into Grease fans.

@trainwreck404 group

okay i have playlists for all my ocs but they do indeed have favorite songs! rapid fire, let's go

simon: francis forever (mitski) & 30/90 (tick…tick…BOOM!)
cj: stars in the city (old dominion, little big town) & one day (lovejoy)
logan: vanilla curls (teddy hyde) & goodbye (the altogether)
dean: ramble on (led zeppelin) & seventeen going under (sam fender)
henry: the king (conan gray) & brazil (declan mckenna)
madeline: gods & monsters (lana del rey) & these boots are made for walkin' (nancy sinatra)
ava: kickstart my heart (mötley crüe) & saturday night's alright (for fighting) (elton john)
peter: somebody told me (the killers) & you give love a bad name (bon jovi)
james: the dark of the matinee (franz ferdinand) & tear in my heart (twenty one pilots)
xavier: alive (jekyll & hyde) & i wanna be your slave (måneskin)

frog: summer depression (girl in red) & lucy in the sky with diamonds (the beatles)
dick: angeleyes (abba) & hard to be the bard (something rotten!)
juniper: art is dead (bo burnham) & slow dancing in the dark (joji)
shiloh: island in the sun (weezer) & play that funky music (wild cherry)
vanessa: cigarette ahegao (penelope scott) & michelle (sir chloe)
alex: burn it all (panicland) & laplace's angel (hurt people? hurt people!) (will wood)

beck: space cadette (back to yours) & medicine for melancholy (rivers cuomo)
adam: alien blues (vundabar) & rhinestone eyes (gorillaz)
thea: mrs. robinson (simon & garfunkel) & my way (frank sinatra)
kylie: sex sells (lovejoy) & runaway kids (harbour)
bella: better than me (the brobecks) & i wanna be your girlfriend (girl in red)
crystal: dear maria, count me in (all time low) & hayloft (mother mother)
malcolm: fan behavior (isaac dunbar) & cpr (cupcakke)
melody: pity party (melanie martinez) & line without a hook (ricky montgomery)

@Nor_bananas

Let's see
Cassie: Washing Machine Heart (mitski) or Cake (Melanie Martinez)b At last I see the light (Tangled) fav band/singer: Melanie Martinez

Sara: Sweet Hibiscus Tea (Penelope Scott), Rät (Penelope Scott), Make a Man out of you (Mulan) fav band/singer: Penolope Scott

Kris: Lemon boy (Cavetown), Heather (Conan Gray), I just can't wait to be king (the lion king) fav band/singer: Cavetown

Jaxon: Teenagers (my chemical romance), Don't threaten me with a good time (Panic! At the disco), shit ( bo Burnham), This is halloween (nighmare before christmas) fav band/singer: My Chemical romance or Panic! At the Disco

Miriam: Home(Cavetown), Rewrite the Stars (The greatest showman), Candle Queen (Gumi), First Time in Forever (Frozen) fav band/singer: Disney.

@larcenistarsonist group

ad;fk forgot to do this for my own characters

Paisley: Notorious B.I.G., Dr. Dre, Ice-T, other well-known gangsta rap type musicians. (I don't really listen to this genre a lot so I don't have any specific songs a;lksd) you can find her in a training room with earbuds in and demolishing training dummy after training dummy to Straight Outta Compton
Abel: Hokus Pokus. Insane Clown Posse. That is correct, Abel, my lad, is a Juggalo. Other favorites of Abel's include Last Resort (Papa Roach), Rich Kids (New Medicine), and Dead Bite (Hollywood Undead). Any song like this that has a good beat, a rabid-sounding singer and that's good to murder to is Abel's favorite.
Rhyda: Easy. Queen, Guns n' Roses, Pink Floyd, Hall and Oats, Nirvana. Her favorite song of all time is Another One Bites the Dust and she constantly hums it to herself when in a sniping perch ready to take down a target. She's also a big fan of Don't Stop Me Now, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Maneater, and Sweet Child Of Mine.
Shea: If I'm being completely honest here… WAP. (any sort of girlboss song that gets turned into a meme will be on repeat on Shea's speakers at the highest possible volume)
Grace: Early MCR (Vampires Will Never Hurt You, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), Helena), Mitski, Cavetown. It's about the yearning with Grace. anything that makes her feel like she's a widowed woman atop of a cliffside, screaming into the storm for her drowned love to return.
Felix: Latin Pop and assorted club music but also ABBA. Livin' La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin), Crab Rave (Noisestrom), Dancing Queen (ABBA). Basically, anything that will get him grooving. He isn't allowed to have the aux cord
Bianca: The Offspring, Fall Out Boy, Angry Punk Rock basically. Anything she can listen to while brewing in angst and staring at the ceiling.
Drew: Absinthe and New Invention by IDKHOW, I'm Not Okay and C'est la vie by Weathers, Temporary Bliss by The Cab. the gay yearning and angst here. anything Drew can have a smoke to while standing on his balcony and staring into the night sky