forum The fault in our republic
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 59 followers

Deleted user

Soo for those of you who know Julius Caesar, I want to do something with Brutus falling in love with Cassius.
So basically Brutus wife has become unfaithful, Brutus walks in on them and runs out of his house. Leaving his unfaithful wife to lay in shame. After coming to supper with Cassius, he realizes that the man had been falling for Brutus from a few tipsy words.
Thats how this story begins
I really wanna be Cassius!

Deleted user

( yes. Only a few weeks before they kill Caeser)

Deleted user

( yes, he first finds his wife and then just goes to Cassius)

@Anxietyfilledcinnamonroll group

(I’ll try to steer clear of historical inaccuracies)

Brutus fit his best toga close to his person. Tonight was a plotting night. A night with Cassius and to plan over supper. Caesar had ruined the republic, and now it was time to liberate Rome of such a devious emperor. Brutus was not surprised when Cassius had brought up the means to assassinate Caesar in conversation, although it was not elaborated further. But Brutus now knew what this supper was going to be about. Tonight was especially damp and rainy. He pulled a cloak over himself to avoid the rain. Popping his head into the bedroom to tell his wife goodnight, he had discovered Porcia lying with another. How did she get this man into the house without his knowing? Brutus didn’t want to find out. It shook him to his core that his wife was nothing but a cheater. Screaming, “BONUM NOCTE!” He left the home in a rage, fighting the storm by himself.

Pulling the cloak tightly around his neck to keep the chill from creeping down it, Brutus awkwardly gaited along the paved roads of the night. He could shake himself from the sight he had seen. This city had gone to hell. He reached his home of Cassius, knocking on the door. Wind blew violently through his cloak, the cold catching up to him.

Deleted user

Cassius had his slave fetch the door, letting Brutus in to the sight of a tipsy Cassius. His eyes had stains from tears and and a few men crowded around the table. No matter how he thought about it he knew you himself that his actions would end in war, which meant he would have to face the fact that he took the chance of losing Brutus, his closest friend..

Brutus rolled his eyes and sighed, pulling the cloak closer. “Drunk as always, Cassius.” He stepped inside, ignoring the thing greeting him at the door. While pulling off the cloak, he assessed the situation. He wasn’t expecting other men, but in a all truth, this was a plot, not alone time. Brutus stood around, frowning at the situation. For all he know, he could die in battle, but Brutus wouldn’t let himself fall. Not so quickly, not so soon.

Deleted user

Cassius chuckled at his friend's comment " not always, but enough to stay funny" he said and walked over to Brutus. " would you like one, it could ease the crease in your brow. Speaking of which, what has you so upset, you seem tormented " he spoke softly
Cassius would bid the few men goodbye as they left, they had been discussing about the new plan all day, now was his time with Brutus, and he knew brutus needed him now

Brutus turned away, averting his gaze from Cassius. He wasn't fond of when his friend was drunk, it put a bad taste in his mouth. He supposed that he needed to loosen up, and have a little fun. But anger had settled on his face heavily, scarring it permanently. "I would not like one, thank you." The frustration in his tone was enough of an indicator. "I am tormented. My wife had turned into a cheating bitch." He tried to shake his head of everything with no prevail. Brutus watched the men leave, his face soiled with emotion. He almost wanted to scream in aggravation.

Deleted user

" dear brutus, please speak to me." He hesitently took brutus's hand, feeling the calluses from being a swordsmen. " I hate seeing you so upset, it pains my heart dearly. "

Brutus tried to seize his hand, too angered to speak. "I do not wish to speak about it any farther, Cassius. Leave it be, will you." He clenched his jaw, anguish crossing his face. "It may pain you, but I can not bare to think about it anymore either. I just wish to know what you have cooked up in that brain of yours." He sighed, trying to relax his shoulders.

Deleted user

Cassius flinched a bit when Brutus seemed to snap " I. I'm sorry.." He shook his head a bit and turned to walk back to his table " we do it during the ides of the March. Caesar will be at the Capitol, we could try and sway him to do something like bring back an exile, while he's distracted someone will take the first blow, then all of us will take turns taking Caesar out. Your blade will strike him last and set his fate "

Brutus adjusted his posture, raising his eyebrow at Cassius. "Why do you apologize?" He brushed off the interaction, following Cassius back to the back. The smell of wine made him feel drunk on its own, his mind fogging beyond thought. "I'll do anything to murder Caesar, especially with all he's done. But entrusting me with the last blow? How curious you are, my friend."

Deleted user

" I am sorry because I have dug too deep in fresh wounds. " he leaned against his table to calm his mind. " I entrusted you with the last blow because he admires you, to him, there is no greater God than honorable Brutus. It will give him a reason not to fight his fate," he said solemnly.
Cassius took another sip from his cup, feeling the liquid warm his gut and throat,

Brutus breathed in, his thoughts a jumble based on what he saw at home. "A bit too deep I day Cassius. A bit too deep." He sighed and rubbed his eyes to warn of the oncoming drowsiness. "What you are suggesting is that he'll never see it coming from his favorable praetor. That is such a sad fate, makes me almost feel bad. But I am not of the gods, no, just honorable as you say. Honorable in the way justice will be given to the people of Rome."

Deleted user

" so you will do it?" He asked, finally setting down his cup for the night " I wish of you to stay here, stay say from from that.. bitch.."

Brutus sat down, sitting back, and put his hand to his temple. Everything hurt. "Yes, I will murder Caesar, deliver the blow that will kill him forever." He swallowed harshly, frowning and putting the back of his hand to his cheek. "You know that there will be implications. But I don't want to go back either. My heart could not bare it."

Deleted user

" I will help you through this, dear Brutus you should not be having to deal with this. " he said, holding his hand out for Brutus " let me show you the house, so you may help yourself to anything you need or want."

Brutus looked at his dear friend Cassius, already drunk and it had not surpassed midnight. He smiled and shook his head, grabbing Cassius' hand. "You are too kind, Cassius. You don't have to do anything for me in the slightest. I could have Porcia up and gone if I wanted to." He managed to stand up. "Please, I'm in the mood for a little tour."

Deleted user

Cassius smiled softly, a rare sight for anyone, " come on, it's a beautiful house" he said happily.
After showing the house Cassius stood in the living room with Brutus " must you leave? It's.. It's cold in this house.." He said, not sure how he should have put it

Brutus relaxed his body. “It must be a nice house or else you wouldn’t be living in it.” He joked, letting Cassius drag him around the place. Once the tour was done, he stood in the living room. “I don’t have to leave, but don’t you think it’s for the best? I don’t generate that much warmth myself.”