forum "Why go back? What's left up there for you?" Home is Here (Closed)
Started by @s0ft_stardust group
tune

people_alt 71 followers

@emilyevewrites group

(Nah, you're totally good. I definitely get the picture)

Farah reluctantly followed her, casting a parting glance at Millie and stepping out of the room. Her eyes widened at the sight. There were so many doors – and doors meant people behind them. She stepped to the edge of the balcony and looked around with amazement. Brooklyn's voice drew her back, and Farah moved to follow her down the stairs. "Who is 'the family'?" she asked.

@s0ft_stardust group

Brooklyn opened the doors to reval a kitchen. The smell of bread and spices filled the air, as if you were in a a bakery in the forest. Inside where to people. a 6'3 dark skin elf-ram with a long black dreadlocks in a light brown maidens dress and a 5'10 siren with a hot pink undercut wearing a puffy knitted coat, turtleneck top and a long skirt. They were singing and baking together, one with a strong, bold voice and the other with a soft, silky voice.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah inhaled the scent readily, but she faltered at the door, her eyes widening in shock. She'd never seen anything like these people before, and she wasn't one for meeting new people very often. Her naturally emotionless front took over, as it often did when she had to be around new people or people she wasn't comfortable with yet.

@s0ft_stardust group

"Tio Baxtor, we got another one. They REALLY wanna get home." Baxtor looked up from patting dough, his two boar tusk showing through his mouth. "Hello, what's your name dear?" Baxtor spoke in such a motherly way. Ironically it felt like that statement didn't fit him. He was a tall, lightly muscled beast man with a warriors hair and a voice as heavy as a house, yet he dressed and acted so motherly. The pink haired by saw Farah and could see her being uncomfortable with meeting new people, as a responds he keep his distance by brewing tea.

@emilyevewrites group

The mind fairy very hesitantly entered the room, keeping up her stoic façade. "I'm Farah," she answered the question shortly and added another question of her own. "Who are you?"

Her eyes darted between them, studying them both with a keen gaze.

@s0ft_stardust group

"I'm Baxtor, where are you from?" Brooklyn skipped over to his little brother to help with the tea. Baxtor took a few steps closer to Farah, his hooves click on the tile floors. Covered in flour and glitter, his golden eyes meeting her gaze with warmth.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah took a quick step back as he approached, but she didn't move further away beyond that. "I'm from the Otherworld," she murmured. "I've never seen a creature by the likes of you before… where are you from?"

@s0ft_stardust group

Baxtor chuckled at the question. "I'm from the Dark Isle. Never seen a halflin, huh?" He smiled as he let his lock down from his man bun. "I know a witch that can help you get back home." He stayed quite to see if there would be a reaction to the term "witch" since most, at least not from here, tend to be afraid and not so kind to witches. The two children started talking to each other to ease som of the tension in the room.

@emilyevewrites group

A halflin… "What is a halflin?" Farah asked, tilting her head slightly. At the mention of witches, she stiffened a bit, but she seemed open to the idea. "They're not a blood witch, are they?" she asked, arching her eyebrows. Blood witches and fairies in the Otherworld were just as bad of enemies as fairies and Burned Ones.

@s0ft_stardust group

"Walk and Talk with me." He said as he walked out the kitchen. "A halflin is basically a half elf half whatever, in my case a ram. As for my witch friend, she practices blood and flora witchcraft. " Baxtor went under the stairway to open a door to a witches brewing room. "So you're from Alfea? I've wonder what that school is like. Fairies and witches are such beautiful creatures, don't you think?" He said as he started walking through the room.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah hurried to keep up with him at first, but she matched his stride easily. "Ah," she sighed in understanding. The fairy tensed at the mention of a blood witch, but she grew even more suspicious when he brought up her schooling. "I never mentioned I attended Alfea," Farah said sharply, stopping dead in her tracks.

@s0ft_stardust group

"Oh, I know." Baxtor said so calm with no hesitations. He walked up to a cauldron filled will moon water, clear and sparkly. He started muttering to himself and grabbed some flowers to sprinkle in. "I do say, a mind fairy seems to be quite powerful. I've only seen a few fairies like you, but that was years ago." He add more ingredients to the cauldron and stirred with a large board to change the color of the water. "My friend name is Emerisa, well she's my husbands friend, they're a sweetheart. They can probably open up a portal back home for you."

(So do you wanna add one of her friends in this part? I was thinking that Sal can arrive in Hexa where Emerisa lives just to add so extra spice)

@emilyevewrites group

Farah stiffened quickly. "Don't talk about my power," she demanded shortly. Her mind was still reeling from Aster Dell, but she seemed a be a bit interested in his comment about other mind fairies. Had Rosalind come here? Probably not. "Your husband? Was that the other being in the kitchen?" she asked, her tone not holding any hostility to the idea.

(Oooh, sure! So how should he come in?)

@s0ft_stardust group

Baxtor snorted at the comment and started laugh. "No, that's my son!" After a moment he was able to call down. "My husband, Nova, they are lets just say on vacation." The cauldron glow a bright orange. "We need to wait a moment." A strange detail, on Baxtor's puffy sleeve were flags and symbols of a variety of countries and kingdoms. Most notable is the flag of Solaria, A kingdom he visited ages ago when they first meet Nova.

(Emerisa will mention him when Baxtor gets into connect with them and say he washed up on shore and is resting in a Medical tent.)

@emilyevewrites group

Farah flushed at the misunderstanding. "S-Sorry…" She slowly came closer to the cauldron. "What's that, exactly?" she asked, glancing in at the contents. As Baxtor shifted, she finally noticed the Solarian flag stitched into his sleeve, and her eyes widened. "You've been to the Otherworld?" she asked incredulously. "To Solaria? Is that how you know about Alfea? Then you must know fairies and blood witches quarrel… only fairies can be legitimate users of magic in the Otherworld."

(Gotcha, sounds good!)

@s0ft_stardust group

Baxtor looked at his sleeve. "Oh, yes! Many years ago Nova took me there, they knew someone named Luna and we had a tour. Such a beautiful place. And yes, I know." Baxtor spin his dress to show flags, some from the Otherworld, most were from unknown worlds. The cauldron bubbled and started flashing to a young woman's voice.

"Baxtor? What are you call me for?"

"Hello Emerisa, I have someone here who needs to get back home. To Alfea?"

@emilyevewrites group

Farah's eyes widened yet again. "Luna? How do you know Luna?" she demanded. Farah noted the flags with amazement, recognizing the flags of Eraklyon and Linphea among them as well. How many of the Otherworld's realms did he know about?

She jumped at the sound of the voice coming from the cauldron. "How are you doing that?" she hissed.

@s0ft_stardust group

Baxtor briefly looked at Farah "Oh Nova knew them, some thing about some old alliances between them, but I don't remember." He turned back to the pot. "We had a new arrive, a fairy from Alfea, that wishes to get home."

"You too, huh? We got some kid name Sal, washed up on shore a few hours ago. Keep talking about someone named Farah, freaked out that I was a blood witch and fell unconscious. He's sleeping in the med tent."

@emilyevewrites group

Farah straightened instantly at the news. "Saul?!" she cried, gripping the edge of the cauldron urgently. "I'm Farah. Where is he? I have to get to him." Her heart was racing at the news. If Saul was here now too, what about Ben? And… Rosalind? Farah stiffened at just the thought of the name.

@s0ft_stardust group

"Hey! Let go of the brim!" Baxtor got defensive. He's never raised his voice to anyone before, but seeing someone touch a possession of Nova made him so angry. He contain his anger to refrain from pulling Farah off and walked to the over other side of the cauldron. "We'll be there in a minutes, can we use this?"

"Whoa! I never meant anyone who made Baxtor yell. Give me five minutes and you can hop to cauldron. Farah, you'll see your friend soon, don't worry."

@emilyevewrites group

Farah's hands quickly released the cauldron. "Sorry!" she apologized hastily, her gaze following him before looking down at the cauldron's glowing contents. "What exactly is 'hop to cauldron'? Is Saul alright? Please tell me he's okay." Farah hugged herself tightly, desperate for any more news about Saul and his condition.

@s0ft_stardust group

You can here a sigh in Emerisa's voice "He's fine kiddo, not serious injuries. Just knocked out cold. I gotta go, see you a few!" The contents on the cauldron turned into smoke. Baxtor dusted off his dress and started walking out of the room.

"Come on, I need to tell everyone I'm heading out and I need to grab a few things. Sorry for yelling, that cauldron…..means a lot to me." He pause for a moment before looking at Farah in distress and concerned. "Luna and Nova were really good friends….. Nova was part of a high council, but was kicked off for reject a ridiculous arranged marriage. Luna did everything in her power to help them but nothing work. Nova took matters into their own hands and started a war…Luna helped out…."

@emilyevewrites group

Farah sighed in relief. Saul was alright, at least mostly. And she'd get to see him soon. Thank gods. She jumped back as the cauldron turned to smoke. Witches…

She quickly followed Baxtor out, not wanting to get lost. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize," she murmured a brief apology. "And I never knew Luna had known anyone named Nova… I'll have to ask her about them when I get back to the Otherworld."

@s0ft_stardust group

Baxtor fiddle with is wedding ring, sadden by his husband's…aftermath. A cold wind blew by Farah followed by a whisper, "Who are you?". A little boy in a long indigo sweater appear behind Farah, he was see through and looked to have pitch black legs and pale purple skin. He had fluffy brown hair and blank white eyes, as if he was always sad. With a weak smile he stared at Farah out of curiosity. "What were you doing in Mx.Nova's room?"

@emilyevewrites group

Farah flinched in surprise, and she turned to see the see-through boy. She backed away quickly from the entity in shock. Surely, she might've hoped to have gotten used to the number of new people and species she was seeing, but it was still overwhelming. "I'm Farah. Who are you?"