forum The Meraki Program: A Soulmate RP // group // OPEN
Started by @megandawnkorain
tune

people_alt 62 followers

@megandawnkorain

Laws against international soulmates have been abolished. Companies are bustling to become the first to create a seamless system to locate one's soulmate and help them live happy lives. We are the first.

Welcome to Meraki, your guide to love, happiness, and comfort. Through our complex program, we have 100% faith that within a year, you will be with your soulmate.

Will you join us?

//WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN. REQUESTING VOLUNTEERS FOR SELECTIVE MATCHING. WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN. WE REQUIRE VOLUNTEERS TO TEST OUR MATCHING ALGORITHM. WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN//

//WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN. 2,496 VOLUNTEERS ACQUIRED. RUNNING ANALYSIS OF SELECTIVE MATCHING IDENTIFICATION. WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN//

//WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN. 4 MATCHES IDENTIFIED. WARNING: THIS IS A TEST RUN//

@megandawnkorain

(Hey guys! I tried running this rp a few years ago on Wattpad and I really wanted to try it again! I need and even number of 'contestants' so if we end up with an odd number, I'll participate, but only then.)

@megandawnkorain

RULES

Smut/Lemon
If two contestants have any sexual interaction, it must happen in a pm/dm. Some people are not comfortable reading that kind of content, and please respect that. Let me know when stuff like that happens though, I would like to know for story purposes.

Respect
Please be respectful to everyone. I don't tolerate hostility or arguments. That being said, if you are in the wrong I will make sure you know that. Please note, this rule mainly applies to role players. Characters can be as mean as you want, it makes the story more interesting. A role player should know better.

Uniqueness
Please, please try to be unique with both character creation and rp. No Mary Sues, no Gary Sues, no one line roleplaying. Nobody likes those people, so don't be them. On the other hand there is such a thing as having too unique a character. Not every character can have a tragic backstory, unfortunately. As an additional note, if submitted characters are too similar I won't make you redo it. I may ask you to change a slight detail but that's all.

Literacy
I do prefer if you try to avoid one/two line roleplaying. That means every post should be as story driven as you can make it.
Do: He watched as she sat down, tears rolling down her face. He didn't know what to do, he didn't mean to hurt her. Adam sighed. "I'm sorry…" He rasped, his voice coming out rough and broken. He didn't know what else to say.
Don't: "Ok." She said.

Activity
I know people have real lives and not just lives online, but if you are supposed to reply and do not after a week, I will pm you. After two weeks I will do it again, and once a month is passed you will be kicked from the RP. If you know you won't have at least five minutes every few days to participate, I'd prefer you not apply. Though if you tell me beforehand and tell me when you will be back, you will be exempt from this rule.

Deviation
This rule is very important to me but I understand if you aren't able to follow it perfectly. I personally hate it when people put in their character sheet that the character acts a certain way and then in the actual roleplay the character acts completely different. If you say your character is shy, make them shy. If you say your character is sarcastic, make them sarcastic. If you say they're mean, make them mean. Character development happens, yes, but it shouldn't happen within the first two posts of a roleplay. I'm guilty of this too, so I get it if you don't follow this, but please try to.

Appearance
I don't mind if you use a face claim or if you describe your character, just make sure your character's appearance is realistic for the world.

And that's it! It may seem like a lot, so I'm sorry. I hope we can have fun!

@megandawnkorain

CHARACTER SHEET

NAME  
AGE (20-35 years old)
APPEARANCE  
OCCUPATION  
PERSONALITY  
FLAWS  
WHY DID THEY VOLUNTEER?  
THEME SONG (optional)

Deleted user

(Hey, this looks interesting! May I include my recently escaped-from-a-cult softboi?)

@DancingWithMyDemons business

NAME: Addic
SEXUALITY: bi
APPEARANCE: Height: 6'8", Hair: Hunny gold and shoulder length, Eye Color: Forest green.
Skin Tone: Tan’ish, Body Type: lightly muscled
PERSONALITY: ISTP
LIKES: alcohol, banana nut muffins, Medieval weaponry, movie marathons, and goats
DISLIKES: cantaloup, Wind chimes, Hooded scarves, and Scat singing (jazz)
FLAWS: Addict, Impetuous, reckless.
WHY DID THEY VOLUNTEER: why not?
THEME SONG: jukebox hero by Foreigner.

Deleted user

Alright, here’s my boi

NAME: Avrey Kingsford
SEXUALITY: Omnisexual (preference for guys)
APPEARANCE: Tall (about 6’4”), with a strong build, olive skin, and fluffy chestnut brown hair. Has heterochromia (two different colored eyes), one is blue, and one is brown.
PERSONALITY: extremely shy and very self conscious. Very empathetic and loyal once he learns to trust someone, though. Awfully kind and thinks of others before himself, which means he often doesn’t take care of himself either.
LIKES: playing the guitar, dogs, cooking, having someone to talk to, old music + record players
DISLIKES: crowds, noise, scary movies, people telling him to “act normal”, and tomatoes
FLAWS: severe social anxiety, always thinks people are judging him, almost never opens up. Has a stuttering problem
WHY DID THEY VOLUNTEER? He decided he had nothing left to lose, and after dropping out of college because of the stress, they needed something to do
THEME SONG: Behave - festive people

Images ~

@megandawnkorain

(the most I am willing to do is 30, but i don't think we'll have that many lol. if you have people you want to invite to speed up the wait time, that'd be awesome)