forum “ there's nothing left to say now.”
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 56 followers

@Fraust

"Oh…" Corbin fidgeted a bit, not entirely sure how to respond. "I'm sure there's good parts of it though, right? My dads don't do anything like that. One of them makes potions and does magic and stuff, and my other dad works part time at a Cafe now I think? He doesn't work much."

Deleted user

Cyrus made a funny sound, kinda like a parrot chirping “ your dads? Dude that's so cool!” he said with a smile. “ not only do you have the most accepting warrants one of them a potions master!”

@Fraust

"Y-Yeah…" Corbin laughed softly and flushed, rubbing the back of his neck with his uninjured hand. "They adopted me when I was little less than two years old, so… you know. My grandpa adopted my dad when he was young, too, so he's really young for a grandpa. He's actually only twelve years older than my dad since he adopted him when he was twenty, and my dad was eight."

Deleted user

“ that's nice, I have a commander as a dad.” he said and fidgeted with the feathers on his wings. “ perks of being a blue jay.” he mumbled. Cyrus looked up after a while “ so, where's your house.”

@Fraust

Corbin nodded a bit, fidgeting as well. "I live in an apartment, actually… it's not far from here." He led the way, humming softly to himself. "So… um… how exactly does this guard thing work?" He asked. "Do you stay with me, or…?"

Deleted user

“ pretty much, I have to constantly be Around you but tusdays and Thursdays I'll be in training workouts. “ he said flustering slightly

@Fraust

"Okay… um… if you're supposed to stay in my apartment too, I'll have to find somewhere for you to sleep." Corbin laughed softly. "What's the point of all the guarding, anyway?"

Deleted user

“ People are getting violent with the crows. There have been quite a few hushed-up killings and brutal murders of targeted crows. So now we protect them.. “ virus said looking straight ahead. He could never look at anyone while talking about this. “ and the floor is fine.” he mumbled afterwards

@Fraust

"Oh…" Corbin fidgeted a bit more, seeming uneasy. "My dads always made sure I was safe growing up. Papa is a raven and dad is an angel… not actually an avian. His wings are pure white. It's really fascinating to see. I think most people assume he's a dove, so he's treated well."

Deleted user

“ that's actually pretty cool, “ he said with a rare smile. His smile was kind and warm. “ so, what do you like to do?” “

@Fraust

"Yeah… they're pretty great." He smiled softly and glanced up at the question. "Hmm? Oh, um… I don't really do much, honestly. I've sorta taken up potions and magic type stuff too like my papa."

Deleted user

Cyrus sighed “ can.. Can I show you something? But promise you won't think of me differently..” he mumbled, grabbing a small water container from his side, waiting for the boys reply.

@Fraust

Corbin looked up at Cyrus curiously. "Mm? Yeah, sure, I don't mind. I'm not exactly in any position to judge anyway." He laughed softly. "What is it?" He asked.

Deleted user

Cyrus smiled slightly he stopped and set the open container on the ground, he put his hand above it and watched as the water came out of the bottle like it was in space. He eventually got control of it with both hands, shaping it into a sphere. He tilted his left hand and showed the sphere as it froze solid. “ so… I can do that with water, and even keep it in a liquid state.” he said and handed the sphere to Corbin.

@Fraust

"Oh!" Corbin was clearly a bit surprised by the magic, but not put off. After all, his papa and grandpa were both good at magic, so he was used to it being around. He tentatively accepted the sphere and examined it. "That's so cool! I can't do anything like that yet since I'm still training and learning and stuff, but… I'm hoping I'll be able to after I choose a specialty!"

Deleted user

“ maybe if you chose I could help, “ he said tentatively, Cyrus never talked to people this long, let alone another mage. For some reason, he felt giddy and talkative to the other. “ I mean, your really easy to talk to.”

@Fraust

Corbin flushed a bit, smiling sheepishly. "Y-Yeah… it's hard to choose, though. Honestly, I might go with water too. I like water, and I always really liked it as a kid, too." He entered an apartment complex and led Cyrus into the elevator. "Papa does more potions than magic, and dad can't really do any. Apparently angels don't do a ton of magic."

Deleted user

“ my mother embarrassed my magic, finding out everything she could to help me grow.” he said. Though cyrus could fly extremely fast and high, he'd always had a fear of elevators. For some reason, unbeonce to him, he held onto Corbin's wrist tightly. The look of fear on his face was just fear.

@Fraust

"You okay?" Corbin asked, confused as he looked over at Cyrus and noticed his fearful expression. The elevator doors opened and Corbin led Cyrus out into the hall. He unlocked the door to his apartment and headed inside. It didn't really look like anything special, to be honest. There was a TV and a couch, as well as a kitchen, bathroom, and a door that presumably led to Corbin's bedroom.

Deleted user

Once they got off the elevator Cyrus let go. “ lovely apartment. “ he mumbled and looked around

@Fraust

"Uh… thanks. You sure you're alright?" Corbin asked, looking concerned and confused. "You're acting kinda weird…" He said as he fetched a blanket and pillow to put on the couch for Cyrus. He wasn't going to let him sleep on the floor, after all. The couch was a cheap thing he'd gotten from Goodwill, but it was remarkably comfortable.

Deleted user

“ I'm fine. I have a really bad fear of falling” he said and laid out his bed like a military cot. He sat on the couch and seemed to relax quite a bit. “ so what are you doing next?”

@Fraust

"Oh… okay." Corbin toyed with his hair a little, unsure what to do. "Um… I haven't really decided. I guess I should probably make dinner at some point, yeah? I don't really have a ton of food to make meals with, though. What kinda food do you like?" He asked.

Deleted user

“ anything so long as it's not sourcrout and sausage,” he said with a disgusted face.

@Fraust

"Well, I don't have any of that anyway. I eat a lot of pasta stuff, to be honest. Y'know, since pasta is really cheap." Corbin headed into the kitchen so he could start making something for the both of them to eat.