forum “ there's nothing left to say now.”
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 56 followers

Deleted user

Cyrus looked around the house, curious about what type of man this dude was.

@Fraust

Corbin had a few pictures of a younger version of himself beside two men, presumably his adopted fathers. One of them was fairly short with a copper cloud of hair, blue eyes, and pure white wings. He seemed almost to glow from the photograph. The other man was tall and looked calm and content. He had black hair and black wings, and his piercing purple eyes stuck out from the fray. A young, soft looking Corbin stood between them with a bright grin. He was clearly pretty little considering there was still down on his wings in the picture.
Aside from the photographs, he had a few blankets in a basket beside the couch. He got cold easily, so he owned lots of fluffy blankets. In fact, most things in the apartment were pretty soft and warm. It was definitely a comfortable living space, even if it wasn't too exciting. Eventually, Corbin returned to the room with two bowls of spaghetti in hand.

Deleted user

Cyrus looked up from admiring his family photo. Something he missed wIth his mom. “ thank you.” he said kindly and took a bowl gratefully.

@Fraust

"No problem! Make yourself at home." Corbin sat in the couch beside Cyrus and huddled up in a blanket before he began to eat his dinner. He often glanced up at the pictures as he ate, and smiled softly at memories of his fathers. He definitely missed them a lot, so he went to visit often. In some of the pictures, there was another man with wavy black hair and a scant goatee who looked older than the others. He had two sets of black wings and looked grumpy, although he had humor in his eyes. He was presumably Corbin's grandfather.

Deleted user

Cylus ate in silence, keeping his eyes on his bowl. His wings would twitch now and then. It was surprising how bright the blue in his feathers are.

@Fraust

"So… what's your family like?" Corbin asked after he'd finished eating his spaghetti. "I feel like I've been talking about myself a lot and I don't know a ton about you." He laughed softly.

Deleted user

Cyrus smiled “ well, my moms a hummingbird breed and my father was a blue jay. “ he smiled softly “ my mom could bend the elements, though I only was able to grasp one. “

@Fraust

"That's cool! I dunno what my birth parents were, honestly." Corbin laughed again, toying with his fork. "That's okay, though. I ended up with two great dads even though my birth parents couldn't raise me. I wouldn't change it for the world."

Deleted user

Cyrus chuckled “you're pretty cool Corbin, I'm glad dad sent me with you.” he said and looked back down at his bowl with a warm look, his cheeks were dusted with a light pink.

@Fraust

Corbin nodded and smiled softly, flushing as well. "Thanks… you're pretty cool too." He replied to return the sentiment. "How long have you been a guard?" He asked.

Deleted user

“ Since I was five, “ he answered, it wasn't something he was proud of. Being a guard at the time meant you couldn't have spare time as a kid and nothing was ever ‘simple.

@Fraust

"Wow, five years old? That's really young…" Corbin said softly, clearly a bit surprised. "My dad went through something like that, too. Apparently angels are put through battle training really young."

Deleted user

“ yeah, doves and swans are usually trained to guard themselves when the guards fail. Guards are trained in hand to hand most of their life unless a parent ops them for weapons training. I was selected and taught how to use a bladed staff and my father's selection of swords.” he continued

@Fraust

Corbin nodded a bit. "My dad said that angels typically start training as soon as they can hold a sword. I think they mostly do weapons training? But he knows some hand-to-hand as well." He hummed softly. "He does some blacksmithing and stuff and he's done it for years. He makes knives and swords and stuff."

Deleted user

Cyrus smiled “ I might ask your dad to mend my blades, finding a blacksmith or a bladesmith to do it is extremely hard. Only if you don't mind though” he spoke softly “ people automatically assume blue jays are only physical fighters, so one having a weapon more than likely means their trouble or something, “ he said, his blue eyes looked up to Corbin.

@Fraust

"Yeah, I'm sure he'd be happy to help! It's mostly a hobby for him, but he does sell authentic collectibles sometimes." Corbin set his empty bowl on the coffee table. "He didn't let me help him until I was older, though. He started doing it when he was like… six, I think."

Deleted user

“ sounds bout right, “ he yawned midway through his sentence. The boy's blue eyes had started to dull from sleeplessness. He set his bowl down as well.

@Fraust

"If you're tired, I can leave you be." Corbin insisted. "I'm sure you work really hard and stuff… I can do the dishes and then we can go to bed, okay?"

Deleted user

“ okay, thank you “ he mumbled. Cyrus took his bowl. planning on helping him with the dishes.

@Fraust

Corbin nodded and got to his feet, heading to the kitchen to clean up. When he was done, he waved to Cyrus and headed to his bedroom so that he could go to bed.

Deleted user

Cyrus, laying on the couch, covered up in his blanket. His wings sprawled out over the side of the couch. He couldn’t sleep for some reason, as tired as he was from a day of splitting up a riot, his head kept being filled with thoughts of the other birds words. His words, smile, what little of his laugh he’d heard, what was wrong with him?! Cyrus huffed to himself and threw the blanket over his head.

@Fraust

The next morning, Corbin came out of his room, sleepily rubbing at his eyes and yawning. He didn't really remember that there was another man in his apartment. He was wearing a cozy, very oversized sweatshirt over shorts that were barely visible beneath it, and he'd put on some fuzzy socks before he came out. He busied himself in the kitchen, making himself a bowl a cereal since he didn't want to make anything.

Deleted user

Cyrus woke up, with a low groan and he held his head. He stretched his wings, and with every feather you could see the shining hummingbird pigment. Cyrus yawned and got up, putting on his necessary. His vest first and then his combat boots.

@Fraust

Corbin headed out of the kitchen with his bowl of cereal and yelped upon seeing Cyrus, nearly dropping the bowl. His wings puffed up and he froze for a second until he put the pieces together in his mind. "Oh my god… you scared me! I forgot you were here!" He laughed breathlessly, his face flushing red with embarrassment. He tugged at his clothes a bit, feeling a bit flustered to be showing so much skin.

Deleted user

Cyrus looked over his shoulder and smiled slightly “ sorry, I shouldn't have been so quiet. “ he said, he lowered his wings after buckling his vest tightly, the boy put on a bracelet and went to the kitchen to refill his water bottle, attaching it to his side. “ so, what are we doing today?” he asked casually. He wouldn't look at Corbin but a lighter link covered his face after looking over his shoulder at the other boy.