forum I'll be your Sweet Radio Demon
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 80 followers

@Diavolo group

Alexander gave a breath of relief when he finished. Everything has been done perfectly. His hypothesis was correct just like it always was. The other tables had two or three people working at them. This was a group project but then again he preferred to work alone. He wrote handed what he recorded to the professor and he was free to leave. He gathered his things and looked around at the other groups who were still working. The other students looked at him with a disgusted and/or hateful look. He shook it off and swung his bag over his shoulder. He pulled out his phone and began typing as he walked out of the lab. He stopped when he saw Faybian leaning against the wall. "Hey…I though you would've gone home already…or left or do anything but stay here. Ready to go then I presume?"

@Fenrir

Faybian flicked his gaze up from picking at his nails, narrowing his eyes slightly when he caught a few of the other students gazes on Alexander. "It would have been the same here or there. At least here there are more interesting people to observe when you're not around." He shoved himself off the wall, silenly chastising himself for even caring. He took a deep breath and reminded himself he was to be Alexander's roommate and as such, he at least has to pretend to care. "So why were you working alone? Everyone else seemed to have a partner."

@Diavolo group

"Well, I just don't like working with other people, mostly because it would be the same if I worked alone. I do everything and slap the other person's name on there so they get credit for it. Besides, It's not like anyone in this school likes me, and people to know me and did like me, don't like me anymore. I can see why. I did nothing to them except be blunt and honest. When they smell bad they smell bad when they look ugly, they look ugly. I'm not going to hide that from them." He shook his head. "Why do you care anyway. You're a demon I'm a human and my life is pretty mundane and extremely boring." rubbed his hands together and blew inside of them capturing the heat. He owned the door then lead to the front of the campus and shivered. "It gets so cold at night these days…" he mumbled.

@Fenrir

Faybian nodded slightly, "and that's why you asked me to become your roommate? A bit desperate if you ask me but understandable." He took a deep breath and shrugged. "I merely am acting on what you preech. Observing the way of humans is intriguing even if evidentially mundane. Some humans, including you, Alexander manage to catch my attention." Faybian shivered violently and pulled his overcoat around himself a bit more tightly. "Perhaps your bluntness is off-putting to others who would have otherwise find a friend in you. There's nothing wrong with being blunt, but there is a time and place for that. You mentioned you had friends before. So you were not always so blunt. What happened to switch your behavior to such stoicness?"

@Diavolo group

Alexander's cheeks turned red both from the cold weather and from Faybian. "There's no way I could possibly interest you. There was no change per see, more of just things coming to light. Just like when you meet a person for the first time and you think wow they're a really cool person and then the more you talk and hang out the more you just can't stand them. That's how that happened. That's where my problem is, I don't know how to read social cues and I don't know when to say what I think…" he scoffed. "The more I think about it the more pathetic I feel." He looked up to the night sky, for once you could see the stars and they were absolutely beautiful. He gave a kind smile to the sky before he looked forwards again.

@Fenrir

Faybian shrugged his shoulders, taking Alexander's denial silently. Faybian could honestly relate to meeting people he thought were great but then turned out to be…no so great. "People will disappoint you constantly." He murmured, glancing off to the side and taking a deep breath, the sickly sweet scent of poising filling his senses. He clenched his jacket and tampered down on his abilities.
His gaze flickered for a moment, his demonic appearance showing for a moment. "And that's why people don't want to be near you? Because they can't figure out that it's just as hard for you to interact with them as they with you?" Faybian snickered and shook his head before catching Alexander gazing up at the sky. He cursed silently, and pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment. "You humans really are the name of my existence." Heuttered, clapping his hands in front of him and turning around to face Alexander as they walk, mimicking what he has done earlier that day. "So tell me, how would you like others to react to you. Perhaps in an ideal world, not that there is one, where you are able to speak to others without the crass bluntness you claim others hate."

@Diavolo group

"I don't expect much from people. I don't expect them to even feel good about what I said to them. In an ideal world, of course, everyone would be fine with what I said, but I don't expect that. I never really think about it, it just comes out. I can recognize when I hurt someone but I don't know how to make them feel better nor do I like apologizing to people. I'm a really bad person." he laughed. "I'm horrible. I'll probably go to hell for that even without our deal." He kicked a pebble which hit a trash can and then a lamp post. "I've had my fair share of relationships…as you can imagine none of them worked out." He wore a smile even though he wasn't in a giddy mood. "I'm just too broken for this shit…" Alexander looks up to Faybian. "You must have felt broken at some point in time right?"

@Fenrir

Faybian frowned as Alexander spoke. "Not being able to express yourself properly doesn't make you a bad person, and it certainly doesn't guarantee you a place in hell." He turned back around and fell back into step beside Alexander, mulling over his words. The clink if the pebble against the metal light pole bringing Faybian out of his thoughts. "Yes. I have. More than you can count." He admitted softly, eyes glossing over as he lost himself in memories. "When you die and enter your afterlife, those thoughts of being broken longer. Especially if your death was unexpected." He swallowed thinckly, catching himself before he could dive deeper down the rabbit hole that was his life. "But you soon learn everyone around you is just as broken. Then it doesn't matter much after while."

@Diavolo group

Alexander watched his eyes glow and smiled to himself. It was a small one barely noticeable, but alas, still there. "I guess you're right. Everyone is a little messed up in the head and everyone had their own baggage to deal with. I've certainly had my fair share. Let's just say my bag gets bigger every day." He spoke metaphorically before he looked back to the ground feel a raindrop on his nose. That's what he thought it might be. Either it was going to rain soon or it was going to be a light drizzle. "So then what does guarantee you a spot in hell. Your words, not mine."

@Fenrir

Faybian slightly nodded in agreement. "Yes, usually many people do. Annoying it makes people think that just because their baggage is so big, it automatically gives them a pass to go to heaven." He scoffed and shook his head in disgust. He glanced up at the sensation of water suddenly falling around them. He held out a hand to catch a few drops of water, having not felt rain in so long. He took showers and baths like any decent demon but rain had always felt different to him. He broke out of his little reverie and glanced over at Alexander. "Many things can land you a spot in hell. More than you think. Anything you can imagine that would typically get you one ticket to Hell. Murder, infidelity, being a pathetic excuse for a human, ect." He shrugged and brushed aside invisible dirt from his jacket. "Some even falll. Rare but it happens here and there."

@Diavolo group

"I see…" Alexander took out an umbrella from his bag and opened it as the rain started to pick up. "Can you hold it? You're taller so it will cover both of us." The rain started to pick up the more they walked. It was more than a light drizzle this time. "So if those things guarantee a ticket to hell, you must have murdered someone right? You said you were a human before and by what you're telling me you seem like a respectful person, so tell me. Did you murder someone or are you a horrible excuse of a human being?" He looked up to Faybian handing him the umbrella. He pushed up his glasses and wiped his nose from the raindrop that had fallen before.

@Fenrir

Faybian silently took the open umbrella and held it over Alexander's head. He shucked off his jacket and plopped it onto Alexander's head, not wanting it to get soaked while he walked in the rain , for a bit longer. He grinned slowly and shrugged "both I guess. But neither have to do with how I ended up in hell, mostly." He shook his head shoved his hands into his pockets, "I died too early. I got mad and asked to stay in hell." He explained, trying to be as vague as possible so to not scare Alexander.

@Diavolo group

"Well, that sounds stupid. Then again the land of the living is its own personal hell." Alexander looked at Faybian questionably. "You know the umbrella can hold the two of us right you just have to move closer. Unless you like the rain." he took his jacket, folded it, and draped it over his arm. "Don't blame me if you get sick because of your wet clothes. You brought this upon yourself." he huffed and rubbed his arms trying to warm up a bit. "It's moments like these I don't mind living this close to campus. Other days, not so much. You see people you know as food shops and for me that's not a good thing."

@Fenrir

"maybe at the time, yes. But I quite like being a Lord of hell so it's not all that bad." He glanced down at the young man and rolled his eyes when he saw the jacket in his arms. "I more miss than particularly like the rain. As for getting sick, I'm touched you're concerned but I'll be fine." He smiled and nodded his head to the jacket in Alexander's arm. Put it on for now. Its much warmer than the flimsy sweatshirt you have." He looked up and scanned the area, still finding a few students walking to a from the campus grounds. "Ah is that you barely had anything in your kitchen? Or is it mostly laziness?"

@Diavolo group

Griffin opened his mouth to protest, but couldn't. The demon was ultimately right. "I didn't think you would care enough. If I die you get my soul right would've been a win for you." He slid on the jack and it was much too big for him but much warmer. He put his hands on his neck to warm up before tucking them back into the jacket. "Hell no, that's not why I have limited food. I don't avoid people that wouldn't be logical and I would live a short life. I just don't know how to cook. Nor do I want to learn. That is one of the few activities that don't interest me."

@Fenrir

"what fun would that be if you just died of the cold? If you're going to die, I might as well aid in that event a little more than simply stepping aside and see what happens." He glanced down at Alexander, a satisfied smile spreading.on his lips. He shook his head in confusion "so let me get this right. You're will to go out into the world to get food and bring that back home but you won't learn how to cook it." He sighed "it's a pure miracle you haven't died yet."he muttered, pulling open the door to the dorm building and stepping inside, shaking out his hair and closing the umbrella

@Diavolo group

He shivered once the warm air surrounded him. His body got used to it quite easily. Griffin took the jacket off and stood there watching Faybian shake his hair out. He held out his jacket. "Here's your jacket and thank you." He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "I don't have any homework, so it's time for sleep, well dinner before that. It's not that I go actual food I just get instant ramen and microwave food because I can't make my own. Microwave, ramen is the best thing I've ever tasted and pizza and other things but yeah. I don't know how they do it, well actually I do but you know what I mean. Are you cooking dinner tonight or am I making microwave ramen?"

@Fenrir

Faybian took back the jacket and followed Alexander back up to their dorm room. He arched an eyebrow and frowned. "Instant ramen?" He questioned skeptically. "I've never heard of such a thing but it can't be good. Must be one of those new industrial products." He muttered, draping his jacket over the back of the chair and settling down cross-legged on the couch. He hugged a sigh, lips pursed into a thin line. "You youths know nothing of what it truly is like to survive." He muttered, standing to make something in the kitchen.

@Diavolo group

"Yes it is an industrial thing and for the record, they taste extremely good. I recommend you try one in your spare time." He watched him sit down but soon started to rub his eyes. "I assume you know all about surviving? Running from the police don't count." His eyes tracked Faybian to the kitchen causing him to turn his own body. "Ah, so dinner it is. I'll be sleeping so tell me when it's ready and…thank you I appreciate it." He opened a white door at the end of the hall but soon closed it. He tore off his clothes and hopped into the shower. He took his time before dressing himself in comfy PJs and diving into his bed. The seconds he did so his eyes shut and he fell into his much needed sleep.

@Fenrir

"clearly not as a human but as a demon, yes." He shrugged and rumaged around the kitchen to make a simple dish. He glanced over his shoulder and nodded slightly, not used to many compliments or appreciation. "Of course." He muttered, finding that an appropriate response. He went back to pulling ingredients from the fridge and pantry, finally deciding on his own version of ramen, both to prove Alexander wrong about packet ramen and to have something nice and warm for the chilly night. He decided to shed his human form, feeling more comfortable in his demon body. Faybian didn't need a reminder of his past life with every reflection he saw in a pot or pan. While his better version of ramen cooked, faybian headed down the hall to check on Alexander. He quietly opened his bedroom door and peeked inside, finding the boy sleeping inside. He frowned slightly as he watched for a few moments. While faybian would never allow himself to stoop low enough to feel such a petty human emotion such as jealousy, he couldn't help but feel a bit envious of Alexander, living a full life while he had been robbed short, and for what? Being a naieve friend? He shook his head and went back to the kitchen to check up on the ramen, leaving behind that thought. He was a Lord of hell, he had no need for a human life.

@Diavolo group

Alexander turned his back towards the door and started to hug the pillow he was currently sleeping on. His leg raised over the sheet as he put himself in a comfortable position. He had woken up a few times, but even then he fell back asleep or at least tried to. He wasn't very good at falling asleep and even then staying asleep was a challenge. He starred at the ceiling before closing his eyes again. "Come on Alexander. It's not that hard to go to sleep…" he sighed and chuckled. "I hate this…" he sat there for a few minutes before reverting back to how he was before he woke up. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. The smell of ramen cooking filled his nose but even so no one had come to get him meaning it wasn't done yet.

@Fenrir

Faybian added some broth over the noodles he had cooked along with the remainder of the toppings he had made to two bowls. Grabbing some chopsticks from cabinet, he set a bowl down in his little corner of the living room by the couch to eat later and took the other to Alexanfer's bedroom. He nudged open the door, carefully not to spill the broth on floor, and walked into the dimly lit room. He set the bowl down on the little nightstand beside the bed and flicked his gaze down at Alexander. "Warring with sleep?" He asked, lightly shaking the boy's shoulder to waking him. "Dinner is ready." He muttered, taking a step back towards the door to let Alexander wake up with seeing a demon hovering over his face. "I hope thisll change you're mind about what good food really is." He have a smirk before retreating back to the living room and settling down with his own bowl of steaming ramen.

@Diavolo group

ALexander groaned and yawned. He stood out of bed and entered the hallway. There was a light coming from the living as well as a hypnotizing smell. He trudges over to the couch still hugging his pillow. "Is that ramen. I don't have my glasses. You kind of look like a blur right now." He yawned took the bowl. "Thank you…" He took the fork and slurped the noodles. He froze. There seemed to be tear starting to roll down his cheeks. "This is really good…you made this?" he asked sniffing as he continued to eat more. You could hear his stomach grumble. "It tastes just like my mom's…" He whipped his eyes and took a big sniff. "You really do know how to make someone cry."

@Fenrir

"yes I did." Faybian replied, arching an eyebrow in slight confusion when he looked up at Alexander and found him silently crying. "I haven't met her." He replied as if in consolation to Alexander that his mother wasn't in hell. He slurrped up a few noodles and nodded in satisfaction. "It was never my intention to make you cry. Though, it is interesting." He swiftly stood from his seat on the couch and settled in a chair across from Alexander. "Tell me about her, your mother." He said, resting his head against his hand, a ghost of a smile on his features. He knew he shouldn't have been so intrigued by the death of the boy's mother but he couldnt help himself find something joyously dark in someone else's suffering that wasn't his

@Diavolo group

Alexander looked up his turned to be confused. "No…you don't really want to hear about her." He shook his head and continued eating his ramen. "His hair was messy and deshelved. No one ever woke up perfect and Alexander the absolute worst bedhead. "He was just like any other hardworking mom out there. You know. You aren't interested in hearing about my mundane life. I bet it's all just fun in games to you. I'm glad you haven't met her. You know what I mean. At least she's in heaven, assuming that exists since you know hell and all. Her ramen was always the best and it always stated like heaven in a bowl."