forum I Went To The Woods Because I Wished To Live Deliberately || Fem. Dead Poets Society || Closed
Started by @emilyevewrites group
tune

people_alt 62 followers

@emilyevewrites group

Brookestone Academy is a highly prestigious, all-girls boarding school. The occupants are expected to do great things when they graduate: become lawyers, doctors, politicians, scientists, etc; They certainly aren't thinking about English. Who cares about old dead poets anyway? But when a new English teacher arrives, she teaches like no other professor at Brookestone. She begins something. Something wonderful. Something… powerful.

Camie - Adalise Lansing (teacher)
@Althalosian-is-Oscar-Chille - Alene Zheng
@knightinadream - Narcisa Dalca
@Mere_Hufflepuff - Lavender Holmson
@rot-baby-rot! - Daria Hutchinson

Name:
Year:
Appearance:
Style: (outside of school uniforms)
Personality:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Family History/Background:
Expected Occupation:
Hobbies:
Theme Song:
Quotes: (could be a quote/quotes that your character like or things she says often)
Other:

@emilyevewrites group

Name:
Year:
Appearance:
Style: (outside of school uniforms)
Personality:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Family History/Background:
Expected Occupation:
Hobbies:
Theme Song:
Quotes: (could be a quote/quotes that your character like or things she says often)
Other:

@emilyevewrites group

Name: Adalise Lansing
Role: Newly hired English Teacher
Appearance: Faceclaim Julia Roberts https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f3/82/0c/f3820cf541163879cf50937e022ea449.jpg
Style: When teaching: https://image.glamourdaze.com/2013/09/1940-Autumn-wardrobe-teachers-suit-.jpg (the one on the right, but in blue); Casual: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/93309023499639439/
Personality: She can come off as floaty and a bit peculiar at first, but you learn that there is always a method to her "madness". She is compassionate and understanding towards the girls. Sometimes, she creates worlds in her mind and gets lost in them. But there is nothing she won't do for her students.
Strengths: Her ability to see the best in people/situations
Flaws: Her teaching methods (according to the other teachers), and her "idealistic over realistic" mentality
Family History/Background: Her father died when she was young, so she never really had a male influence on her life. She has an older sister, Madeline, who is two years older than her. Her mother is a renowned physician, and Madeline is a fierce courtroom lawyer.
Expected Occupation: She's a teacher, but her sister keeps trying to urge her into a more "practical" career.
Hobbies: Sewing, reading, writing, taking leisurely walks around the grounds, eating butterscotch
Theme Song: Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes
Quotes:

• "Keep your chins up and your dreams bold, girls! There is nothing you can't do with your words!"
  • "To prolong conformity is to deny individuality."
  • "Don't you see what you can do? It's all at your fingertips! All you have to do it let it go. Preferably onto the page."

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Name: Alene Zheng
Year: First year there?
Appearance: Chinese, light skinned, with unusual light blue eyes. Somewhat short, with dark back length hair, cut straight
Style: (outside of school uniforms) She is relatively reserved when it come so to clothing, dressing mostly in darker colors, and prefers knee length skirts to jeans
Personality: She’s a bit of a loner by accident mostly, is shy and intimidating easily though loyal, almost clingy to any friends she finds. She can be aloof, but also tries to impress people to boost her self esteem.
Strengths: She’s willing to work hard to achieve whatever she wants, and is a bit of a perfectionist which can result in top quality work.
Flaws: She’s offended easily and first impressions stick with her. Jealousy comes easy to her as well as passive aggressiveness, and it can prevent her from forming good relationships.
Family History/Background: Her parents are relatively wealthy, and sent her to Brookestone to find a career. Though she loves her family and they her, the pressure to succeed makes their relationship strained at times. Her sister couldn’t come and so she misses her a lot, which doesn’t help the feeling that she’s alone.
Expected Occupation: Undecided (unless that doesn’t work then I’ll find one)
Hobbies: Singing, drawing, cello, and dance, specifically ballet.
Theme Song: idk
Quotes: (could be a quote/quotes that your character like or things she says often) idk
Other: Yeah sorry I didn’t fill out some. Didn’t have the answers so I’m hoping this works.