forum //where the dead men lie// >>closed<< stalkers welcome tho 0.0
Started by @Celeste_X0X0_ group
tune

people_alt 66 followers

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie turned toward Jesse, a smile grazing her lips.

"since a week or so after the outbreak started, and screamers became a thing– dont really know how long ago that was though–" she said through a soft smile–

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

"I know plenty of songs from back home," Gus said chattily, strolling along after Jez. "I dunno what kind of music you like, but if you're into folk or country or bluegrass, we'll get along fine." He spotted the door leading outside and took his rifle back off his shoulder, cradling it loosely in one arm. He didn't think they'd run into trouble, but he'd learned the hard way to enter and exit buildings prepared for the worst.

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

Jesse raises her thick eyebrows, looking around "depending where you're from." She pauses, her carenel eyes flicking back to her from their surroundings.
"You have much experience with the reapers?" She asks, thinking she already knew the answer.

-

Jez smiles "im chill with any music" he shrugs "traditional is really nice. And I guess we don't have much if a choice anymore though" he says, stepping outside and letting the warmth of the sun beam down on his skin. "Man…what day do you think it is? I forgot to keep track" he says only half joking

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie shook her head in response, she opened her mouth, paused then closed it again.

"No, i usually hate violence… so I try to stay away from them… so I don't have to hurt them." She said raising her hand to her mouth, and chewing on her nails, something she did to deal with awkward parts of conversation or her anxiety.

Gus took a deep breath of fresh air. "Heck, I ain't too sure. Day of the week, or of th' month? I reckon it might be Tuesday, but my brain clock's been a little off ever since I tried hibernatin' in a hole last winter. Maybe if we meet people soon, we can ask 'em. I hope they like folk music too, or we'll have a problem." Taking a quick look around, he set off down the empty road. "C'mon, the place I saw the human tracks is back this-a-way."

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

so you don't hurt ? You think they have feelings or somethin? She thought to herself, wondering what this girl's views on this whole thing was.
Jesse nods "uh huh" she says looking her up and down "you know how to fight?" She asks, her arms still crossed.

-

Jezariahs brows furrowed and his eyes widen "you what?" He asks as they started walking down the street, readjusting his bags on his shoulders.

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie shook her head again.

"no ma'am, no one ever taught me how and I never wanted to learn…because I don't like hurting things, even the screamers." She said lightly.

"Y'know, the tracks by th' dead screamin' demon thang. And the cut-up trees 'n the looted stores 'n stuff." Gus picked up a pebble and hucked it at a pigeon's nest sitting atop a busted traffic light. "Or were you askin' about the hibernation? Lemme tell you, it didn't work out too good. Dern near died of boredom 'fore I could even freeze or starve."

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

(That's totally fine! I hope you're feeling well! ♡)

Jesse raises her brows once again, though not surprised. She seemed like a more soft soul through her eyes. Though she knew she didn't know too.much about this girl.
"Well if you wanna live you're gonna have to fight" she says, unrolling her arms and swinging her bags off her shoulders, setting them down with a sudden thunk

-

Jez let out a laugh "whyd you even think to hibernate??" He asks through a chuckle, picking up a pebble as well but only twirling it in between his fingers

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie did the same, setting her bag down she turned back to Jesse, her eyes casted downwards.

"Well why dont you teach me how, you sure as hell seem to know how to defend yourself and what not." She suggested quietly, she kept her tone cold incase Jesse said no, she wouldnt have sounded to eager when asking.

Gus shrugged easily at Jez's incredulous question. "Well see, they tell me my ma's pa hibernated once when his wife kicked him out of th' house fer the holidays. And all size of critter does it, so I figured why not try? But I guess I jus' wasn't as sleepy as ol' Grandpa Kitchens, so I had to call it quits while I still had all my fingers 'n toes." He stopped at a crossroads, looked both ways, and kept going straight. "After that I took a tip from the birds and tried migratin' instead. But acourse, my four-wheeler broke down 'fore I could make it to wherever they were goin'. I been walkin' or floatin' downriver on rafts ever since. Now here I am. So what about you, Jez? Where all have you been since the screamin' demons showed up?"

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

The smallest smile broke out on Jesse's dark lips when Elodie said that "hell yeah" she says giving her shoulder a firm, rather hard pat on the back.
"We start tomorrow" she says in a happier voice than any of her other sentences have been.

Jez nods "wow alright….you're crazy" he says with a scoff.
"Ah I was living with my sister and my mom and my weird "christain" step-dad before this all hit. My sister went missing about a month beforehand so I left trying to find her-" he pauses "which yeah wasn't the best idea but nobody else in town was trying." He says with a shrug, a bit angry about it still.
"I was out that whole month. I've got no idea if my moms alive. Couldn't care less about that "husband" of hers. My dad was a great guy though" he says.
"I'm just trying to find my sister." He says, telling the whole thing as if it were a fact from a book instead of his life. He was a rather emotional guy, so it tended to detatch himself from his past or his feelings in general so he didnt get caught up in them

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie gave a solid nod and headed towards the hallways. She the turned facing Jesse.

"The room further back is mine, you can sleep in the other if you want some privacy… it already has a mattress." She said her voice small and shaky.

"I'm going to get some rest though, I'll see you in the morning–" she said rushing into her room and shutting the door. She gave a sigh of relief as she heard the door click shut. She then changed out of her outfit, into a more comfortable outfit; pajama pants and a baggy tee shirt.

She then laid down and threw her arm over her eyes and took deep breaths, she could see from her open eyes, that moonlight was spilling in through the bedroom window.

Gus listened with his head tilted sideways, watching the clouds as they walked. "Huh….I hope you find your sis. I'd hate to lose my sister out here, if I had one. An' I hope your folks are okay. I ain't too sure how mine are doin' these days—I ain't seen 'em since I left home half a year ago. Y'see, they sent me 'n some other guys out scoutin' fer a new place to settle, since the river was startin' to rise. But a few months ago we got split up in a fight 'n I can't seem to find 'em." For the first time his cheery attitude was replaced by a contemplative expression. "I reckon they're all right, probably better-off 'n me right now. But that's sorta what I'm doin'. I'm lookin fer my pals and also a good place to build a town."

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

Jesse looked at the girl, confused by her rushed actions.
She stands there for a moment, mumbling something in german before turning around with a shrug, heading into the room she mentioned, picking up her belongings along the way.
She did enjoy her privacy, so Jesse was thankful to her for offering this room.
She opens the door slowly, sticking her head in there to see if anyone or anything was in here.
Seeing it as safe enough, she steps inside, closing the door behind her.
She sets down her things next to the mattress with a huff, her hand reaching up and pulling the green bandana out of her hair, letting it fall into her face.
After a few moments though, she grows impatient and heads over to Elodies room, knocking on the door.
"Is this place cleared?" She asks through the door, her voice still low and scratchy.

-

Jez drops the small rock he'd been holding in his hand and kicking it down the street. "They're probably alright." He says, trying to be reassuring.
"How many people did you guys have? Back at home I mean?" He eventually asks, though not wanting to get too touchy with his questions.

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie gets up from her bed, rubbing her eyes, and heads to the door. She grabs the handle and opens it, having heard Jesse through the door, before she even opened it. She responded with

"yes, I cleared it the second I got here…" she said, her voice scratchy and full of sleep, she rubbed her fists to her eyes again and then blinked.

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

Jesse looks down at her, not expecting her to actually get up and open the door.
She leans on the doorway, "and you said you didn't like.hurting them" she says, thoroughly surprised. And impressed.
*no way she could have. Especially with her fighting experience. With it being little to none according to her….
"I'm impressed" she says, forgetting what she wanted to ask for a short moment.

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie nodded and leaned into the doorway, inches from Jesse, she sighed and opened her mouth to speak, the closed it. Having nothing to say.

"Anything else?" she asked, finally saying something.

She brushed her hair behind her ear, and rubbed her eyes with her fists again.

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

"Yeah I'm just gonna be up on the roof then. I was just making sure it was all cleared before I go up so I didn't waste my time trying" she says, pushing herself off of the doorway, keeping her arms crossed, her bandana in one hand and a pack of cigarettes in the other

(I vanished, sorry)
Gus heard the question and counted on his fingers. "Oh…..I'd say our town had 'round thirty of us livin' there. Fifty if you add the local farms and the park rangers. In summer we'd get some hunters 'n fishers comin' down for the season, but that kinda ran dry once th' monsters showed up. After that the only strangers we saw were the survivors that got real lost, and some no-good looters from downriver one time. We chucked them back in the water, I tell you what. Uncle Fry's got an armored truck stuff like that." He laughed to himself. "Everybody sorta teamed up once the TVs and radios broke. We don't all get along, but it's better 'n nothin'. I miss 'em."

@EtherealDreamer

"wait–" Elodie blurted out, not knowing why she had said anything in the first place.

She thought for a moment, her brows scrunched in concentration. Finally she managed
"can I have one? I'll go with you– I just really need a smoke." And stepped out of the doorway of her room, looking towards Jesse's back, as she was walking away.

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

Jesse stops, turning around and looking down at the pack in her hand "why not. I'll show you my stash later" she says with a wink, turning back around and waving with her hand for her to follow

(Sorry my post is short I'm leaving rook for reaction time)

@EtherealDreamer

Elodie jogged to catch up, her tee shirt bouncing as she did, she stopped when she was in step with Jesse, her thumb twitching slightly.

When they got on the roof, Elodie sat on the edge, her feet dangling of the side of the building, she patted the spot next to her, indicating for Jesse to sit down.

@Celeste_X0X0_ group

Jesse stepped outside, feeling a slight breeze blow the smell of her stolen cologne towards Elodie and her hair in her face.
She sits beside her, leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees as they dangled down off the edge.
She slips two cigarettes out of the package handing her one, lighting her own and setting it in between her lips, taking a nice, deep breath and letting the smoke burn her throat and chest.
She takes the cigarette in between her fingers and tips it towards Elodie's to light her own, saving lighter fluid.