forum Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me // OxO // Open
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 58 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

I have two prompts to choose from: mlm or wlw. Both are pirate themed. The mlm prompt is inspired by Peter Pan and Captain Hook, enemies-to-lovers. The wlw one is not, and is sort of an almost enemies to lovers, fantasy thing. You'll see

Anywho, post with which one you'd prefer, along with any triggers you have, and I'll provide the details for the chosen RP

Rules:

• Andrew's rules apply
  • Three sentences minimum per reply please
  • both of these RPs could contain triggering content, I'll provide specifics in the description later
  • 16+ only please
  • smut will be taken to PMs
  • I reserve the right to say no

@ElderGod-Icefire

Selena Savant is the captain of the pirate ship called the Red Tide. One of the fiercest captains around, she has a reputation for being both simultaneously bloodthirsty and fair, ruling her crew with an iron hand. It is said that she, unlike many other captains, accepts both men and women and treats them equally.

So of course, when the daughter of a nobleman runs away to escape an arranged marriage, she heads for the pirate city of Arran to join Savant's crew. Things don't go as planned when her father puts a bounty on her head just before she arrives in Arran. Now, instead of being undercover and covert, she's being hunted by nearly everyone in the city. Including Captain Savant.

Savant is the one who captures her and takes her onto the Red Tide, but can she convince Savant to let her join the crew before the captain gives her back to her father and fiance, all while fighting an attraction to the pirate captain?

Hnnng basically lesbian romance in a fantasy world with pirates (and maybe some magic). All the best things. I'll be Selena, you'll be the runaway noblewoman.

potential triggers, include blood, violence, sexual assault, and other such time period accurate things (like uh, homophobia too)

@ladybug_academia group

Aaa omg that sounds amazing, I’m hyped! The whole prompt aesthetic reminds me of Gentleman Jack and Anne Bonny by Karliene. So would we be starting just before she’s captured by Savant or just after?

@ElderGod-Icefire

(alright, got it!)
(also do you have a preference for age range? I was thinking between like 22 and 26, maybe?)
(also in case I wasn't clear, this is a fantasy world, not the real world, so if you wanted your character to have some magic or something that's fine)

Selena had already managed to get the girl aboard the Red Tide, and put her into one of the three cells in the brig. There was a very small window, high up on the wall, that let in light and, if opened, air, but right now it was closed. That, plus the lantern that Selena's first mate carried, ensured there was plenty of light as the captain looked down at her captive. Selena was on the taller side for a woman, at 5'8", with long red hair and blue eyes that seemed to change tone with her mood. She was pale, for a sailor, but freckled. She wore a black tricorn hat, her hair falling in loose sheets around her shoulders and back, soft curls that waved and moved with each shift of her body. She was a pirate, and she looked the part, wearing a white, men's shirt with a black corset over it, and a pair of trousers. Over the trousers was a ragged-hemmed, rather short skirt. Her pistols and a cutlass were all holstered and sheathed at her side, and a pair of black boots completed the look. Scars flecked her hands, and arms, and there was also a scar across her throat, like someone had tried to cut it but hadn't quite succeeded. "I trust you know who I am, yeh?" she asked, leaning an arm on the bars of the brig, leaning in closer to Rhian with a smirk on her lips. "If not, Captain Selena Savant, at your service." she stepped back and gave Rhian a mock bow, before coming closer again. "And me and my crew'll be delivering ya back to your father, understand?" her accent was strange; in some places it sounded like the rough, almost coarse accent of someone lowborn, but there were also hints of better breeding, a strange incongruency that didn't make sense. Selena Savant's origins were a mystery to everyone except herself; no one had ever been able to figure out who her family was, where she had come from.

@ladybug_academia group

(That age range works!)
(And ooh ok cool, I’ll definitely have to incorporate that into her character somehow)

While Rhian had wanted to join the legendary Selena Savant on the seas, this wasn’t exactly what she’d had in mind when she left home. The cells in the brig stank like saltwater and wood. At the least there was light from the window, but without it being open, the air remained constantly stale. She wrinkled her nose up at it: the smell and her less than ideal situation, staring up at Savant and the one holding a lantern, while she herself knelt on the ground. The skirt of her burgundy dress spilled over the floorboards around her knees. An olive green cloak, now dirty and slightly ragged, hung from her shoulders. “I know just fine who you are,” she snapped.
While not standing, it was apparent Rhian was shorter than Selena, and shared close to no physical attributes. Rhian’s skin was slightly darker, tanned, and delicate from a life of luxury. Her brown hair was similar in texture to Selena’s: soft curls, but they were tucked away into a bun behind her head, a few strands fallen out of place from her capture. Her jaw was well defined, sharp, and clenched in the moment of tension. Thin lips pursed into an even thinner line.
“And I understand well that you think you’ll be bringing me back. But you’re not going to succeed, I swear it—and where is my staff?” An heirloom of sorts, carved from a rowan branch, that allowed her to access her family’s magic. It wouldn’t help her escape a ship on the ocean, but there would be hell to pay if she lost it permanently.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(great!)
(alright! Yeah, Selena's magic is a ~surprise~ lmao)

Selena arched an eyebrow. "Your staff will be kept safe, your highness." she said, a faint hint of mockery in her voice. Her first mate, a tall, broad-shouldered man named Puck, held up the rowan branch for a moment, before he tucked it back into his pocket. "It, along with you, will be delivered back to your father safe an' sound." she leaned against the bars again, absolutely fearless that the motion put her close enough that Rhian, if armed, could have seriously injured her if she wanted to. Selena was quite sure that Rhian was unarmed, and even if she was, there wasn't much damage Rhian could have done to the captain. It would be rather stupid to attack her in her own ship, after all, with her first mate watching and a jailer to the side. "Before you ask, it will not be returned to you before the end of the voyage. I know magic when I see it, my darling noblewoman." she smirked faintly, her fine, rosebud mouth pulling to one side. "Now then, shall I lay down some ground rules for you, or would you like some time to throw a temper tantrum first?" there was still that note of mockery in her clear, lovely voice, slightly lower in tone than was common among women.

@ladybug_academia group

(Ooh ~surprises~ I can’t wait)

Rhian’s brow furrowed when she saw her staff appear and disappear all in almost the same moment. At least it was there. At least she knew where it was, even if it was in the wrong hands for now. She did have a pocket knife attached to a strap around her thigh, which to the untrained eye could have been mistaken for a unique looking garter. The little thing was useless surrounded by people who wouldn’t hesitate to kill her if she hurt their captain anyway. So she just stared back at Selena, her face puckered indignantly. A stray strand of hair fell in front of her eyes. She knew the woman was mocking her. It made her blood boil, yes, but in some perverse way it reminded her of why she’d wanted to find Selena in the first place. Rhian admired the idea of her at first, and now, couldn’t help but admit how attractive the renowned captain was. Her voice, and hair, and lips, and the way the men’s shirt wrapped around her waist with the corset—it was all objective, really. Nothing personal.
“I’ll spare you the temper tantrum. Go on.”

@ElderGod-Icefire

(:D yeah)

She smirked faintly at that. "Oh, good." she stretched faintly. "First rule is when we're out at sea, you may be let out o' the brig at certain times. When you're out, I expect good behavior and no botherin' the crew, you understand? For that matter, too, none o' my crew should be touching you in any…inappropriate manners. I expect better of them. If they do, I expect you to let me know so that I can deal with them accordingly. I don't hold with assault or rape in my crew." she went quiet for a moment, making sure Rhian understood. "Again, your branch will be returned when you're returned to your father, an' not before. If you're aboard when we attack or get attacked by another ship, you'll be expected to go back to the brig, as it'd be the safest place for yah if there's a fight on."

@ladybug_academia group

Rhian appeared to relax when she heard the first section of rules. They didn’t seem too terrible. Better than she expected, even, to be let out of the brig and protected from assault. Still—Rhian reminded herself—she was still a prisoner, and she was still in the brig now. Just because the captain didn’t hold with rape didn’t make her a decent person, Rhian reminded herself. She dipped her chin when Selena paused for presumably a sign that she understood. She did.
Her grip on the bars tightened at the mention of her staff again. Rhian needed it back, and these were pirates, could she really trust them to return it?
“Those are mighty generous rules, Captain. Besides keeping my staff and sending me back to a lifetime of imprisonment—“in a figure of speech—“what’s the catch?” There had to be a catch.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Selena studied her for a moment. "Catch is good behavior. Bad behavior gets ya locked in th' brig for the rest of the voyage. Rules about any inappropriateness, though, still hold. They always will, that I can promise. Anythin' else is contingent on your behavior, an' that yer not bothin' my crew. Tha' make sense to yah, your highness, or shall I go over them again?" the "your highness" part was mockery, though not too sharply barbed.

@ladybug_academia group

Rhian narrowed her gaze and puckered her lips like she was about to refuse the terms with an ugly insult to go along with it. Instead the terms seemed…fair, at least for a pirate ship, so she curtly nodded. The mockery grated on her nerves no less than it did before. “They make sense to me just fine, Captain. Not that I appreciate your patronizing me.” She’d added the second sentence lower, still directed at Selena but spoken with a sharper edge.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Selena's mouth curved into another smirk. "I shall patronize whoever I wish." She replied. "Though we don't leave Arran until tomorrow at high tide, so I'm afraid you'll be down here all night. I'll have someone bring yah some blankets an' a pillow, and a pot for doing your business in." She said, standing and adjusting her hat, eyes looking carefully down at Rhian.

@ladybug_academia group

Rhian wrinkled her nose up at that. Her eyes glued right back up at Selena when the woman stood. She looked as if she was about to say something suddenly, and realizing that no appropriate words to express her thoughts came forth, she shut her mouth again. Lips pursed and chin jerking slightly as she threw her gaze to the side wall.
Rhian hated everything about this—almost. She was on Savant’s ship, but in the brig of all places. She was able to talk to said Captain, but the conversation went in any direction other than the way she’d wanted it. It all made her want to curse obscenely, though her better breeding had her chewing her lower lip instead, pointedly ignoring Selena.

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Unless yah don't want a pot an' yah'd rather go in those fancy skirts of yours? 'cause that can be arranged too." Selena said, another faint note of taunting in her voice. "Puck, would you be so kind as to go get the necessary supplies for her highness? Blanket, pillow, pot?"

Puck nodded, heading out of the brig and to find the necessary supplies.

@ladybug_academia group

Rhian grimaced, but it got her speaking again. “You’re disgusting.” She smoothed her hands over the wrinkles in her skirts, uselessly, if just for the principle of the matter. They weren’t clean skirts, tattered and dirt-caked-looking shreds of burgundy fabric. Her other dresses were at home, having had no convenient place to be stored without appearing suspicious in some way. “But if you’re looking for gratitude for simple human decency, you won’t be getting it from me.”