forum Strange Magic and Strange Children // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

"And what would you do, my dear, if you found out you were a child of the gods?"

Every so often, strange folk pop up with strange abilities, saying strange things. Young people with markings on their skin, with abilities in their blood, and prophecies on their lips. From their blood and bone, empires have risen and fallen on whims, kings have been created and deposed. These children have gotten rarer over the years, gone into hiding as they stop being revered and start being hunted as witches and demons.

Valentin Cosmo is one of these children. The son of a German woman and a man he's never met, he is sworn to the service of a German lord, hiding his abilities. The year is 1876, and Europe is, as always, wracked by turmoil. The lord he serves is on the hunt for a person whose abilities have been whispered of through the grapevine, someone whom Valentin is certain is like him in some way. The lord he serves has no idea what Valentin can do, but is searching for this other person. Valentin has heard the rumors, though, of what rich and powerful people do to those like him, and he can only hope his lord does not intend such horrific things towards this other person.

The person they are hunting? Another child of a god, whose powers manifested in a rather public way, that they are now on the run from, and on the run from the many people looking for them. When they are captured by a German lord, their guard is a strange young man named Valentin. The lord has something he wants them to do, and as they work on accomplishing this, they grow closer and closer to Valentin. When, however, the lord finds out Valentin had the abilities he wanted this whole time…what will happen to the two?

Basically some historical romance with some magic and demi-gods. The god your character is a child of can be from whatever pantheon you like, I'm not picky and I don't really mind. Your character can be whatever gender you like, as well, though keep in mind that it is 1876 and any genders other than cis guys and gals weren't really well understood. That doesn't mean your character can't be trans, I don't mind if they are, just keep in mind that if they are, there may be some transphobia because of that

Rules:

• Andrew's rules apply
  • Three sentences per reply minimum, please
  • 16+ preferred
  • There could be triggering content in this RP, so please let me know if you have any triggers
  • I reserve the right to say no

@CWPoofToxicRush

Don’t get her wrong, she was always thankful for any stranger’s kindness. They weren’t at all obligated to let some ratty runaway kid sleep on their couch. But they were blissfully unaware of whatever spiritual energy entity thing was in their apartment that was currently glowing right next to her fucking face. She let out an annoyed huff, rolling over to face the back of the couch, hiding her face in the cushions, and pulling the thin blanket over her head, long ginger hair peeking out of the side. She didn’t see the light anymore, at least. She closed her eyes, yawning as she snuggled into the blanket, trying to relax. She could slip off to sleep if- oh, for fuck’s sake, were they humming?

@ElderGod-Icefire

(Great! So I was thinking we could start like…just a bit before the German lord manages to capture your character?)
(Also for ages I was thinking between 18 and like, 21?)

Valentin Cosmo stood at attention as the man he was sworn in service to paced the hall. Reports had been coming in through Lord Falco Kantner's spies and network that their noose was tightening around the one they were searching for. A rumored child of a god, something spoken about in many ancient texts. Most scoffed at the idea that the gods had ever existed, much less that they had ever gone so far as to have children with humans. To even breathe such an idea was blasphemy, and while the church no longer burned heretics and blasphemers, you still faced, essentially, social suicide.

Valentin knew better than to tell anyone about what he was. He had, once, and still bore a few different scars from that occasion. Valentin, at 6'1", was on the taller side, with wavy brown hair that he kept combed back from his face. His eyes were a lovely molten gold tone, and his skin was lightly tanned, with very faint freckles scattered across his sharp cheekbones. He had a sharp jawline, and a toned body, all angles and sleek lines. He wore, right now, a simple uniform in black, with Lord Kantner's coat of arms on the left breast.

@CWPoofToxicRush

Alcesta kept her head down as she walked through town, hiding her thin, pale face behind long, black locks. As unkempt as she knew she looked, she had an easier time slipping by unnoticed, with how small she was for her 18 years. She knew she should be staying away from crowded places like this, it was far too risky. But she also knew she needed food, desperately, stolen or otherwise. She trailed behind a woman with a basket full of food. It pieces of bread in it, surely she wouldn't miss one. She carefully reached out, hand closing around a roll before she pulled it back, quickly tucking it into her skirt pocket. It was better than nothing.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Valentin knew he would not be sent to take the young woman they were looking for into custody; Lord Kantner had a special team for that, who, even now, would be getting closer to the girl. It would likely be only hours until she was brought in. Valentin didn't know whether to hope she escaped, or whether to hope she was caught. He wanted desperately to meet another like him, and yet at the same time, he had no idea what Lord Kantner wanted from her. Indeed, he had no idea what her supposed abilities were, much less what Lord Kantner thought she could do for him.

@CWPoofToxicRush

Alcesta began to make her way out of the square, hiking her skirt up a bit so she could move faster once she had turned down an empty alley. She started running, black boots striking against the cobblestone, already eager to move on. She glanced behind her to check no one had seen her, stumbling for a moment before regaining her balance. She had already run the risk of being seen, she couldn't add on the risk of being actually found.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(alright!)
(Gonna just kinda fast forward through it sorry)

The men sent by Lord Kantner closed in on the girl, surrounding her. They weren't sure of what abilities she may have had, so they took her by surprise, surrounding her and managing to get her in shackles before she could do much more than be startled by their sudden appearance. They put a bag over her head so she couldn't see, and started dragging her back to Lord Kantner.

@CWPoofToxicRush

Alcesta screamed, cursed and struggled and attempted to kick at them as they dragged her, trying desperately to get free. She tried not to let panic set in, she knew all too well that panic led to bad things happening, it led to her losing control, panic is what got her running in the first place. A disaster to get some food, of course. She thought bitterly, resorting to feeble attempts to dig her heels into the ground.

@ElderGod-Icefire

They picked up her feet and carried her through the streets. It attracted some gazes, but not too many, surprisingly enough. It was a good sized town on the coast of France, and it was common enough for people to be arrested within it. They carried her into a house, setting her in a chair. They fastened her hands to the arms and her ankles to the legs, then took the hood off of her. Falco Kantner stood by the fireplace, watching her. Valentin stood watchfully by the door. Most of the men who had captured her bowed to Lord Kantner, speaking to him in German before leaving the room. Lord Kantner examined her. He was in his forties, with dark brown hair that was beginning to go grey at his temples. He had been a handsome man in his younger years, and still carried that handsomeness, though he was beginning to gain a bit more weight at the waist, and faint wrinkles had begun to collect at the corners of his mouth and at the crinkle in his eyes.

@CWPoofToxicRush

Alcesta looked up at him, sienna eyes burning with something between fear and rage. She didn't know who he was, and only had the faintest idea of what he wanted, but she knew for sure she needed to get out. She sat silently, waiting for the man in front of her to break the silence first.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(thanks)

"Alcesta Taylor." The man said in English, voice accented with German. "You do speak English, ja?" He queried, coming closer to her to study her. "I am Lord Falco Kantner, from Germany. I have something I would like you to do for me." Valentin remained quiet, watching.

@CWPoofToxicRush

Alcesta pulled against the restraints, testing how tight the hold was. "How do you know who I am?" She asked, hands gripping the arms of the chair, feeling the wood under her hands, fingertips burning black impressions into it. She silently debated how badly it could end if she tried to burn the chair out from under her. "And what on this Earth could you want from me? I have nothing."

@ElderGod-Icefire

"I know what you are, miss Taylor. Your abilities. Those are what I want used for me. You won't be harmed, so long as you do what I need you to do. Am I understood?" He bent slightly to look her in the eyes, his gaze sharp and intense.

@CWPoofToxicRush

Alcesta swallowed the lump that formed in her throat. "And if I don't?" She asked, trying to keep the tremble out of her voice. Her half-baked escape plan from moments ago wasn't looking like such a bad option now.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He frowned. "If you don't, I will have a scientist take you apart to find out what makes you tick. If you survive that, I'll throw you into a dungeon and let you rot there." His voice remained perfectly easy and pleasant, though there was a thread of threat in his voice.