forum Love? You think this is out of love?
Started by @Fenrir
tune

people_alt 69 followers

@Fenrir

Abrose laughed and nodded, a light blush along his cheeks and nose. "If I'm being completely honest, I don't really know what to do at any of these functions." He shook his head with a sigh. "Even at these breakfasts and dinners, I fumble on manners or appropriate topics to speak about. Shore's usually the one to engage in all that, not willingly but he does it anyways." He sagged in his chair out of relief and tilted his head to look directly at the ceiling, surprised to find that even that was highly decorated with paintings of various scenes.

He sat up straighter and focused on Malachi, taking in his tired yet somehow still regal look. Abrose couldn't image he himself looked great. "Was there a reason why you wanted to have breakfast?" He asked, tilting his head curiously as a server came by with their breakfast. He nod3d his thanks and dug in, nearly groaning at how delicious the food was. "It's absolutely alright if there wasn't. I don't mind enjoying the morning with you." He added on quickly, dabbing at his lips with a napkin. "I'll be heading back to Carniel soon now that it's daylight. I wonder how my sister and brother will take the proposal." He mused with a laugh "I hope we'll, it would truly be sad if my siblings didn't get along with my husband-to-be."

@knightinadream group

Slowly, he nodded along to what the prince was saying. Though he was a bit confused, he did not really think much of it. In a way, he was in a similar position, though he eventually had to learn. "Well, I suppose that somebody has to do the entertaining and carrying discussions now, yes?" He wondered, looking up at Abrose. "You know, as my spouse and the future king consort, that is your duty. Attending to arranging and planning parties. Holding discussions at dinners. Serving as an advisor to me. You should know how to handle it all soon."

Malachi returned to focusing on his food. As the other spoke, he quietly ate. His gaze lingered, but it always landed back on his soon-to-be spouse. Gently placing dosn his eating utensil, he rested his chin on top of his hands. He shook his head in response.

"No reason in particular. Breakfast is very important and couples eat every meal together, so we should make this a habit," He said. Afterwards, he followed his words with a simple shrug. His eyes lingered back down to the food and he went back to eating while listening to Abrose.

Holding his napkin up to his mouth, he started to laugh. His shoulders lightly bounced as a few chuckles managed to leave from his throat. It took him awhile to regain composure. Throwing the napkin onto the plate he responded, "Why should they? It is beneficial for them too, if they aren't aware of it. Now if they have any problems with me or our marriage, they are gladly invited to come over and talk with me."

@Fenrir

"I hope they'll see it that way." He replied softly, shaking his head and laughing. "My dear prince, you know my brother is not one for using pretty words when discussing something as personal as the marriage. My sister my may fair better but I doubt even she won't be too pleased you didn't consult them before asking for my hand." He sighed and munched on a roll of bread.
"But whatever they may say or think of you and the arrangement, I don't plan on backing out." He glanced up at Malachi. "May I ask why you agreed to the treaty? Surely you can't be getting much out of Carniel. At least nothing more than what you could get from one of the closer kingdoms. And Atrovia seems to be doing very well on its own. Surely there are more kingdoms out there that you could benefit from marrying to than us." He drummed his fingers in the table, glancing around the empty rooms. After marrying Malachi, Abrose hoped he could bring something to kingdom, and if not more prosperity then at least joy to the kingdom, fill each room with the warmth of the kingdom's people, warmth Abrose knew was hidden in this cold place.

@knightinadream group

Malachi could only just nod as the prince spoke. Although he was not sure what Abrose's siblings would say about the marriage, he is sure that he will be getting a rather lengthy letter along with an ear full from the two. And if the two were to meet him, he can only guess that it will be like the other meetings he has had with them, specifically that brother.

His lips curled back as he thought about what Atrovia would really get out of this union. Definitely a secured ally, along with solid evidence to prove to enemies that they are a kind and gentle country. Besides, he is sure that there is something to gain in it all in the end anyhow. If his parents' marriage has proved anything, it's that there is more reward as time goes on.

A soft chuckle left his lips as he heard the prince's question. "I did not approve of the treaty, His Majesty did," He pointed out, correcting Abrose. "I am only acting in power for the sake of the wellbeing of my father and Atrovia till further action is made. I only agreed to it because I, as the heir, have to make sure all my duties and responsibilities will be fulfilled." Even though he has been leading for four years, he still isn't king. He still need approval from his father for practically everything, although it is feasible for him to do so.

"Not necessarily. Materially, we have everything, although we always need certain items like muskets and medical tools, but those can be gained through a simple discussion," He said. "It is useless to dwell on what has been set in stone. Just think, if all those councilmen, my father, and I have approved this, then it must be of some use. Do not worry about it."

@Fenrir

"ah yes of course. I wasn't aware that His Royal Magesty was still making such large decisions while I'll. But nonetheless I'm glad he's what presume to being doing better. Please, send him my warmest regards the next time you meet." Abrose smiled softly before turning away and looking blankly at his lap. Of course Malachi hadn't initially approved. He had no inclination to. Why would the reigning prince of Atrovia approve of a treaty, much less a marriage alliance with such a small Kingsom. It wasn't though any desire of Malaxhi's that he made the decision, but for the simple need of the kingdom. And who was Abrose to judge, was he not doing the same thing. He guessed some small part of him had wanted the marriage to be out of genuine interest than just a necesity.
"Yes, i do hope you're right, you highness." And if they weren't? If there was no use Carni could off Atrovia? Then what? Abrose took a steadying breath and finished off his breakfast. Carniel, while lovely and it's people peaceful, was a struggling kingdom ever since Abrose's father died. The entire kingdom had never really gotten over their grief of the king. A ghost of a smile crossed his features at the thought of his late father's. "Mother called father a fox when they first met. She always used to tell us when we were younger that when he was counting her, he was as handsome as fox. But despite his looks was always so generous and kind, even when mad. The kingdom's own clever fox." He chuckled lightly and waved a hand dismissively. "If I can't offer anything physically to your kingdom, then I at least hope the wisdom my father passed to us will be enough."

@knightinadream group

Malachi gave a slight nod as an immediate response. Leaning back into the chair, he let his right wrist rest against the side of the table. A servant came to his side, but he shook his head and lifted his left hand. He could only eat so much; he wasn't much of an eater for a long time anyways. When the servant walked away, his attention focused back on Abrose.

"His Majesty is only physically ill. Mentally, he is as strong as a legion of our men," He stated. Though he regularly met with his father everyday, mentioning him always made him feel strange. Yet he couldn't show it, so he went on. "On another note, I am sure he has other reasons for this union aside from some sort of political or material gain. Trust me, he has his ways just like I do. Like father, like son as they say."

Flickering his eyes back to the other prince, he observed him from where he sat. He examined Abrose's face as he spoke, looking closely at his expressions and the way he held himself. For a brief second, he thought back to last night. His fingers curled into his palm as he internally recounted them. He quietly exhaled to himself.

A small dim smile spread across his face as he watched Abrose light up. There was just something in the other's presence that was bright; he wasn't sure why. Naturally, he tried his best to keep it from becoming a big beam, in to which he did succeed or at least that's what he thought.

"Foxes are known to be intelligent when it comes to strategizing their tricks. I believe it will be more than enough," He chuckled. "But nevertheless, and again, do not worry about what you're giving us with this marriage. I believe my father had more important reasons when accepting this. Just go on with it, be at my side. Be there as my husband, my king consort, my number one Carnielian ambassador, and in due time, as a co-father to our children. That is all and that will be your duty when we get married."

Sitting up straight, he snapped his fingers. The same servant from before dashed over. Malachi leaned in and whispered for more tea, then watched as the servant walked away. Glimpsing back at Abrose, he attempted giving a reassuring smile or at least what he thought was a grin.

"Tell your siblings and mother the same. I am not going to stress you into actually giving something when we marry. As long as our two countries are united together as allies and both of our people are okay, then that is all we need from us getting married."

@Fenrir

Abrose covered his mouth with his hand as a deep Rosy blush bloomed on his cheeks. Children. One some level, Malachi expected to raise children with Abrose. It shouldn't have surprised Abrose as much as it did. Of course Malachi wanted heirs. It wasn't so much of a problem that they weren't full blooded royals as it was before, just that the child was raised in a royal hold as a prince or princess. But, for some reason, raising kids with Malachi was surprising to Abrose. Marriage and having an ally kingdom was one thing but raising children took more than an agreement, from.both parties. To Abrose, Malachi didn't seem like the type of person to want kids, or at least someone who'd loosen up around them.but maybe he was wrong.
He breathed a laugh at the mention of his mother and siblings and shook his head. "yes, I will tell them about the marriage, as well as the plans to come afterwards, though the part about the children may have to wait a bit, at least until they're more comfortable with the thought of us raising them."

@knightinadream group

"Is everything alright?" He asked. The expression on Abrose's face left him a puzzled one of his own. His right brow quirked up as he slightly turned his head to the left. Was the mentioning of having children really something that could produce such a reaction? But he thought that given his situation that it would be obvious.

If only Sohan was still alive, then he would not have to worry about all of this. Sohan would be married to Princess Vera and probably have three children if he was. Then he would be off either in the military or as an ambassador, and yet here he is now.

"You do not have to, but it should be obvious. No matter if I were to marry you or a princess or anyone, I have to have heirs. This is the situation Fate has put us in, but you do not have to worry about it as much as I do," He said.

The servant from before came back with a fresh pot of tea then left after pouring a cup for the prince. Malachi mumbled a thank you before holding the cup in his hands. Feeling the heat of it in his hands, he took a sip then sat it back down.

"And before any discussions of children further, let me say that I plan to wait at least a year after we marry. We have to get all affairs in order before anything." He reclined back into the chair, looking off to the side. Silently, he cracked his knuckles. "You've met my niece and nephew, right? Princess Csilla and Prince Ezra of Brastilux? They are wonderful children. I am surprised your brother hasn't married yet."

@Fenrir

He nodded and waved a hand, taking a moment to compose himself. "Yes, everything is alright. I never meant to make you think I don't want kids. I definately do. But I don't know about you but I myself still consider myself very much a child." He laughed a d shook his head. Maybe it was the remaining alcohol in his system from last night or maybe it was the statement of having kids together that made Abrose speak his mind more freely but either way, he couldnt seem to stop himself from blabbering on. Who was he kidding, he wanted kids. He truly did. But was it all going to fast? In less then six months he was to marry someone he barely knew and then in a year after that he was to raise kids with that same man. He inhaled deeply, taking the momentary lull in conversation to organize his thoughts.
"I agree we should wait at least a year. It would give us a chance to get to know each other more and, as you said, get everything in order." He stated with a nod, he'd be able to do this. While Abrose did think Malachi had some faults, he truly didn't know anyone who didn't. While it didn't seem like it now, he was sure they'd be able to form a relationship that based more out of genuine interest for one another, and, while maybe not romantic love at first, a love as friends and allies for each other that would create a stable foundation to raise their kids in. He found comfort in that thought and returned his attention to Malachi, shaking his head with a easy smile. I have not. I don't think I caught them at the ball last night. I'd love to meet them one day." He nearly chimed on the next bite of his food, holding up a hand in momemtaty pause to collect himself. "Let's just say Shire isn't the marrying type." He said with a laugh. "He's considered it many times, knowing it'd be best to have a king or queen beside him on the throne but he's never actively daughter out a partner. Even less so after father's passing." He shrugged and took a sip of his drink. "If you have anyone in mind my stoic and stern brother might tolerate, or who might tolerate him, please do send them his way. He needs it." He laughed and shook his head

@knightinadream group

Holding up his hand, he shook his head. Malachi quietly laughed as he listened along. He never really expected to get such a reaction from Abrose; he just wanted to put it out there, although given his situation, it was pretty obvious. In a way, he did understand his fiance. It would also be best to wait till they were actually ready, although he knew that the council and advisors would be bothering him the whole time.

"Oh I did not believe that, I was just concerned given your expressions. My apologies for that, t'was never my intention," He replied. "You do have a youthful-like aura. It is alright. I just like to plan things ahead of time, even if it will be a few years from now."

At least a year. Could he possibly fix everything in that time frame or even a couple of years? It seemed that it would never happen, yet with their enemies north of the border, Valenia, and the possible spies in the courts, he needs to do something about it. Heavens only knows how he would be if something were to happen to him or Abrose or their future children.

He held the side of his head with his hand. Once again, he nodded in agreement with what he heard. And on another note, it would be better to wait in order for them to have a better relationship. He was not sure how close they would get at that point. Maybe they would get closer before getting married or maybe they would after.

"Oh, he is not? How strange," He nodded. "Well, if he is interested, I could introduce some nobles to him. As the heir to the throne, he should be married. My sister and brother-in-law married when they were 20 and Sohan was my age when he was to wed. Shire should fulfill the duties given to him, but he should do it at his own pace."

A gentle sigh left his lips. He pushed the plate away from him before he stood up. "Would you like to walk around for a bit before you go? I could show you other parts of the palace."

@Fenrir

Abrose sighed heavily but has a smile on his face. "My dear brother is a very stubborn man. You no doubt have had experience with his temper. But no matter what he may do, he does it for the good of his people and family. I only hope he may find a spouse that balances him out." Abrose chuckled lightly at the thought of his brother letting down his guard and stubbornness for someone he adored. It was a thought that he hoped would come.e true.
He glanced up and smiled lightly. "I'd love to." He stood and went to grab for his plate before pausing. At home everyone would help the kitchen staff with dishes since there usually were so many people eating for breakfast and dinner, but here, that wasn't the case. It wasn't necessary. He entchwd his hand and slowly drew it behind his back, the thought not sitting well with him. He hated that expectation others had around him just because he was a prince. Hated when others felt compelled to do his bidding just because if his title. He straightened and slowly took the empty plates and glasses. "In just a moment." He added on, gently brushing past Malachi to take his plate and glass as well. "Uhm, could you possibly direct me to the kitchen?"

@knightinadream group

He scoffed at the prince's words. To him, they were very much true, but he still found them to be very funny at the same time. His shoulders lightly bounced as he softly laughed.

"It is pretty amusing in that, your brother and I are similar in some ways. Like two king lions in a cage," He lightly laughed. "Before I match him with someone, I will have to get on his good side, if possible."

Malachi stood and watch as Abrose was gathering up the plates and such. His head turned to the left as his left brow rose up in confusion. It took him a few moments to realize what the other prince was doing. He immediately shook his head and held his left hand up.

"That will not be necessary, Prince Abrose," He said. With a snap of his fingers, he made a few servants come over and start to clean up. "Soon this will be your home and you will never have to do that simply because it is not your place to do so. Although my servants and I do appreciate your willingness to."

With his hands behind his back, he ambled over to the door. Another servant opened it as he was close by. Briefly, he looked at the guard who stood out in the hallway waiting for him. After giving a quick head bow, he turned to look back at Abrose. "Come on, there is no use in idling by, my dear."

@Fenrir

Abrose watched as the servants from before quickly eared the table, gently taking the plates and glasses from his hands as well before bowing to them both and dissapearing to where he assumed were the kitchens and servants quarters. He was half tempted to follow and help but didn't want to make Malachi wait or go against his words. He was right after all. Abrose was a prince no matter how many times he t protested despite that title. He had a place just as Malachi did and the servants around him. He silently promised the next time he came, hopefully before the wedding, he'd allot a time to meet personally meet Malachi's people as well as spend time with the castle staff.
With that thought in mind, and the comfort of that reassurance, he pushed himself with a stide behind Malachi, smiling and nodding his head in thanks to the guard at the door. "Am I allowed to know where you are taking me, prince? Or shall it be left as a mystery until we arrive?" Abrose inquiried with a curious tilted of his head, his red hair flopping this way and that as he moved

@knightinadream group

As he waited, he tilted his head up to get another glimpse around. With his shoulders relaxed, he did his best to remain patient. Normally Malachi was a rather patient kind of person, although it always wore away whenever he was stressed and had a lot on his mind. This current moment is no exception to it, and yet, he forced a light grin while he stood there.

He really wondered why Abrose was going to clean up and put the dishes away. Now of course, Malachi does tidy up so it isn't a hassle for the servants, but he never put away plates once. And to what he observed, it seemed like a habit for the other prince. It piqued his interest.

Once Abrose was close to him, he walked out of the dining hall. "I thought that I would explain it all as we go. Usually when I show parts of the castle, that is what I do," He delineated. Briefly, he glanced over his shoulder to check that the guard was five steps back before looking forward again.

His eyes flickered out towards the windows as they passed by. Outside the sky was a shade of dark gray with some mixtures of light cutting through the clouds. The ground was lightly covered in snow; he was told that there would be more later on in the day but not till the evening.

A sigh left his lips. He was not sure if it was the weather outside or his lethargy that was making him a bit exhausted. Malachi decides to not think much about it as he feared that pondering it would reveal to others through his expressions or movements.

"The last time this place was renovated was twenty-eight years ago. My mother thought that it was getting old, and wanted to make it more like home. That is why some of the architecture and details appeared to be from Maehwa and others from Atrovia," He said, pointing to some things as they walked. "Of course she took inspiration from other kingdoms, but still make it Atrovian. She wanted to make it like home for everyone from all parts of the world."

@Fenrir

Abrose nodded in awe as he looked more closely at the architecture of the walls and ceiling, catching glimpses of familiar techniques used by other kingdoms and continents. "It truly is a marvel, what's been created here. I bet, even if you've lived here your whole life, you'd still find new bits and pieces of other kingdoms here."
Abrose took a peek out the window, wondering if any of the other kingdom influences had made out onto the grounds as well. He frowned slightly at the sight of snow drifting down. It would take a few weeks for the snow ti hit Carniel. That gave Abrose enough time to plan ahead for tje coming winter months, at least he hoped.
"you're people seem to be doing well, even with winter approaching." He mused with a smile, clasping his hands behind his back as he turned away from the window and continued to gaze around the halls

@knightinadream group

Every now and then, Malachi would glance over at Abrose. He turned his head to catch a glimpse of the other prince looking around. The sight of the prince with wide eyes that lit up made him smile. When the corner of his lips curved up, he lowered his chin to the floor till he returned back to his normal facial expression.

He swayed his head while turning his hand side to side. "Sometimes I do, but most of the time I can point out which detail is inspired by whom. Of course a great portion of the castle still takes from the older architecture," He said. "My father used to point out the ones I did not know and I would read through my mother's journals and papers to find the rest. She mostly wrote them all in her native tongue so it took awhile to translate."

Looking out through the window, he nodded to what Abrose said. While there was snow on the ground, more began to fall down from the sky. "Us Atrovians, along with our enemies, the Nolvaks up north, know winter like the back of our hands," He chuckled. "Usually snow will start to fall around late October to early November, but it is not necessarily like what is outside right now. What is winter like in Carniel? I heard it's not as heavy as ours."

Turning down a corner, he looked at the doors they passed by. He pointed, quietly counting them while waiting to find the one he wanted. "This hallway is usually where the delegates, scholars, historians, and other government workers are," He explained while stopping at a door. "This room is the archives. Shall we go in?"

@Fenrir

Abrose smiled softly as he tilted his head towards the prince as he spoke so fondly about his mother. Malachi seemed soften ever so slightly when speaking of the late queen, ever the proud son when speaking of his mother's wonderful creations and contributions to the castle as well as the kingdom. He hadn't know Malachi's mother was not natively Atrovian. "It must have been quite an adventure for you to take the time to learn the language and figure out all the little secrets the castle has, curtesy of her Highness."
He caught a glimpse outside once again, brows turning up in slight worry. He pushed that worry down and turned back to the prince beside him. "No, not as heavily as you or the Nolvaks. Sometimes we don't even get snow at all. But it always gets cold enough enough for crops to struggle." He shivered at the thought of the food shortages that usually came with the cold moths. Thankfully it was rare when the shortage became worrisome. "We've adapted thankfully, finding crops that seem to survive well enough in the colder months. I'm not entirely rirely sure how my people would reacting seeing even this amount of snow falling." He chuckled lightly yet silently prayed the never would.
He followed Malachi around the corner and down the hallway lined with doors, eyes widening in complete awe as the prince explained the archive room. "I'd love to if allowed, you're sure it's alright with the scholars if we enter? I wouldn't want to disturb their work."

@knightinadream group

"Indeed, it was quite the adventure. Her Majesty was quite the writer too for she left behind over ten diaries, and there were some phrases that I had to go to Sohan or one of my relatives on her side to help translate." Malachi chuckled as he briefly reminisced about going through his mother's journals and papers. It gave him a bittersweet feeling that he both liked and hated at the same time. This had to be a first for him to talk about her for longer than a single moment.

Glancing back at Abrose again, he picked up on the worrisome look. He wondered if the other was worrying over getting home or about the people back at home. Only he could assume what the matter was, and yet he did not feel to be in a position to ask. Not that he did not want to, but how he was not sure to go about it. They are getting married to help the people in Carniel after all.

He kept staring out the window, watching as it fell. Tilting his head slightly to the right, his eyes followed as bits of it fell from the sky onto the ground. Every now and then he glimpsed over at Abrose, listening to him. "You are a bit south from here, I suppose that does make sense," He nodded. "When Sohan's fiancée first came here, she was so giddy and surprised by the snow. Sohan had to give her one of his furs because she did not have appropriate coats to keep warm."

No one stood outside the archive room, unless it was late in the evening or when there was an event. The scholars usually kept an eye on who would come in and out during the day. Malachi shook his head, "I can enter into whatever room I desire. They know very well how to handle their work while I am there."

After knocking on the door, he waited a few moments before opening it. Inside, walls were covered with shelves and drawers. The back wall had windows on it, showing more snow falling outside. There was a long desk in front of it with papers scattered. And there was also rows of shelves with drawers, scrolls, and such standing on the floor. Every few rows there were smaller desks were scholars sat, paying attention to their work.

He let out a small chuckle and leaned towards Abrose. "They get so focused into their work that they do not even realize that their crown prince is here," He whispered, "And yet, they will notice someone who is not supposed to be here."

@Fenrir

Abrose stood by the entrance and took in the room, holding his breath for a few moments, thinking it even too loud for this space. A smile spread across his features as he took in the stark contrast of the snowy outide shown through the windows, compared to the warmth of the room. He finally was able to look away from the gorgeous room to look up at Malachi and laughed softly "always more vigilant than what meets the eye." He mused, slowly walking into the room and running hand along the closest desk, appreciating the fade wood and smoothed edges, no doubtedly from years of countless scholars coming to study. He braced a glanced at some of them, finding that most if not all were barrier deep in their work.
"This is truly magnificent." He murmured to Malachi, flicking his gaze around to the shelves lining the walls and tried to control his urge to read over every beautiful title, every yellowing scroll.
"I could spend hours here and most likly read only a fraction of what's here."

@knightinadream group

Glancing beside him, he watched as Abrose began to smile. A gentle sigh left through his lips before he faintly grinned for a second. With his hand still at the door, he took a step in and waited till the other prince was in the room.

"They are very vigilant with their mind," He nodded. "That is why we trust them with the country's most important documents and journals." As he spoke, the head of the archives looked over and bowed at him. Raising his hand, he gave a simple wave before giving a head bow. "The Leeros value history as much as guns or fur."

Following alongside his fiancé, he stood with his arms behind his back. His eyes looked down at the desk before over at the scholar who was working. It was a man around the same age as him and Abrose, working on transferring data from a paper to a journal. Carefully, he leaned over to a better glimpse of it.

Quietly, he chuckled and nodded in agreement. "It really is something. My mother also reinvented the archive system too. The idea of having historians and scholars comes from her home country," He explained while whispering.

Taking a step forward, he cautiously pulled a scroll from the shelf. The detail in it was different from the others, but he already knew what it was. After opening it, he leaned over to Abrose and whispered, "Here. This is a copy of the letter to King Baekho, my grandfather, asking if my father could marry my mother. It's in their language but there's another one in ours. There are many scrolls like this, but I always found this one to be very special to me."

@Fenrir

He nodded slightly and sent a prayer and a thank you to the late queen. "Now I understand where the other kingdom's got their inspiration for their lavish libraries and archives. Even in Carniel, father always stressed the importance of books. To what us young children were paper bound in leather was a world of knowledge and power to those who knew how to yeild it. Over time as we grew and father showed us the true meaning of our library, we came to appreciate each scratch of ink, each word so maticulously spelt out for the next generation to read. We grew to love that place even more when he died since it always felt like he was peering over our shoulders, reading along or explaining all of It to us." His serene smile wavered as he spoke of his father but he remain composed, even as the bittersweet feeling arose in his chest. He paused momentarily, resting hand against the spines of a few books just to feel that familiar leathery roughness. "You're mother drew inspiration from so many other places and incorporated them into her own. I hope that wherever she may be now, she knows that she too was and will always be an immense inspiration to everyone else." He sighed softly and closed his eyes momentarily before leaning in to scan the delicate scroll in Malachi's hands. He lightly brushed his fingers along the lines, his lips tugging up into a soft smile. He could read a few of the words, the more colloquial ones were easy. "This is beautiful, even if I can only make out a few words. It's Avery beautiful physical representation of his love for her." He whispered softly, admiring the best swoops and accents of each word.

@knightinadream group

Malachi drifted off into thought as he listened to Abrose. Before stepping up to looking after the kingdom, he only had traveled to a few kindgoms, including his mother's. He noticed how serious and strict the kingdom was about their history and works and how it practically is the same in Atrovia. Then he would recall how ambassadors, including Edwin, would talk about their kingdom's archives systems and how they took inspiration from Atrovia and Maehwa. All the words humble him every time, he felt so proud.

"Atrovia stresses the importance of history and culture, every single part of it. The good, the bad, and the ugly, this is how we will learn and grow as individuals," He nodded. "Several years ago, the great library of Damir burned down, and my great-grandfather swore to never let such a thing happen ever again. I intend to do the same, and I will make sure our children will as well."

Out of nowhere, he used his hand and placed it on Abrose's back. His eyes were still glued to the scroll as his mind was translating it, but he did notice the expression on his fiance's face. It was bittersweet and a little melancholic, he knew it all too well, and yet he never showed it; he couldn't express it. Even his words did not do much to express his emotions, especially the ones tucked away.

His hand went back to support the scroll. "I wonder if she does. My father told me that she was never used to getting compliments and how she never understood the power of her own influence. She struggled with realizing her own victories," He sighed. Still staring at the paper, his fingers clenched it before he gently released them and pointed to a sentence towards the bottom. " 'Naega jug-eun huedo geunyeoleul dolbol geos-eul yagsoghabnida.' It means, I promise to take care of her even after I die. My father wrote this all by himself. No translator, no ambassador, not even my uncle General Officer Song. He wrote every single character."

Carefully, he rolled it back up then placed the scroll back in the shelf. Malachi took a deep sigh as he shook his head. After taking a quick glimpse around the room again, he gazed over at Abrose. "Well then, shall we go somewhere else?"

@Fenrir

Abrise almost immediately stiffened at the touch, Remembering the last time they had been so close it hadn't gone too well. But somehow this gesture felt different, not angry or intentional like the other, more comforting and understanding this time around. He didn't dare look up at Malachi, fearing being that close would shatter this fragile moment. He exhaled slowly, relaxing into the secure hand and went back to scanning the page, a smile spreading over his features as he found words or small phrases he could cipher.
"Then on behalf of all those who had the pleasure of being in her magesty's presence, for no matter how long," he glanced around at the archives, an original creation of the Queen's, all her own. "We thank you." He whispered. "We thank you for what you have so graciously given us, whether you are aware of it or not." He bowed his head for a few moments.
He perked up when Malachi started reading in his mother's native language, entrances by the foreign words that seemed to roll off his tongue.
"He really did love her, even on paper no one can doubt his love and affection for his queen." He said softly, stepping aside as Nalachi filed away the previous scroll. He nodded with an excited grin "yes, let's. Where to next?"

@knightinadream group

He kept his eyes away for a moment, glancing around at the archives room. The place has always given him the same odd feeling ever since he could remember; when he was younger, his tutor or Sohan would take him there. It felt strange having people document things that he does for the sake of the history of the kingdom. Even now, the scholars and officials are working to preserve letters and other papers that will show the beginning of a new history with him and Abrose as the royal family.

A cold sweat ran down his forehead. Malachi simply took a deep breath then wiped his forehead with his handkerchief. The sweat did not worry him much compared to the millions of other things that were running through his mind. It was something that he believed should not be much of a trouble to be concerned with. After letting a long and drawn exhale out, he rolled his shoulders back. Laying his hand on the shelf, he watched as it slid across. He turned to look directly at Abrose. There was something odd about the prince who he will soon call his husband, and yet he was not sure what it was. Something in the other prince's words must be it.

Slowly, he nodded in response before he cleared his throat. "Indeed, he certainly did. Their relationship was one like no other from the start." His eyes glossed over with melancholy as a part of his mind drifted into thought about his parents; something like this would happen sooner or later, but he hated it. Once again, he cleared his throat then motioned over to the door, walking over to it. Malachi turned around to give the head of the archives room a respectful nod. Turning his head, he glanced back at his fiancé. "We are going to the sparring room," He replied, glimpsing over at the clock on the side of the room. "It is roughly half past nine so it should not be busy. I do not take you as the kind to enjoy sparring, am I correct?" After he finished speaking, he left and started to walk in the hallways again.