forum I need another fecking RP // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 72 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

(ooh what if Riven and somebody else stumbled into the library for a little somethin somethin and they find her there and Riven's like "it's the ugly duckling, wtf are you doing in my library"?? "my" meaning the royal family's library obviously lmao)

Riven continued to laugh and talk with his group of friends, though after a bit, he whirled out onto the dance floor with someone, his arm around their waist and their hand in his, bending his head to brush his lips against exposed skin, leaving a smear of silvery drug behind, his pupils blown from the drinking and the drugs, his laughter edging on manic and his smile sharper than a knife.

@Tired-but-passionate

(Woo :D Indigo be like “bruh I’m reading obviously, get a room”)

So far, so good. Indigo had gotten a few stares, but few people were milling about in the hallways. They knew the way there, as they had gotten very close to it once before getting caught. With not many people around, it was simply a matter of keeping her head low and staying inconspicuous, despite how badly she wanted to run.
It seemed only five minutes before the library doors stood before them. Indigo had to just stand there for a moment, dumbfounded. How were they not being dragged away by guards right now? It seemed the guards were away, perhaps for a bathroom break or something. She snickered softly at the thought. Her skin tingled, with nervousness or excitement, they couldn’t say. Their hand connected with the door handle, and pulled the door open.
She couldn’t say it was exactly as she expected, as nothing is how one expects, but she did have to resist the urge to squeal. It was beautiful; white marble columns rose into an impossibly high ceiling, arranged as if guarding different sections of the place. Staircases lead up higher into the room, creating more levels and space to it. And books. So many books and scrolls, stacked and lined up together in perfect harmony. It was a forest of marble and shelves and paper, and Indigo immediately made themself at home.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(lmaoo)

It was perhaps a half hour later that the doors to the library banged open again, revealing the prince and someone else, tangled together in a mess of limbs and breathless laughter, mouths smeared with the same silver glitter. This drug was not quite as potent as many others were; it was quite safe to take about as much as you wanted. Riven's shirt was already half off, the collar pushed down until it hung at his shoulders, barely clinging to his forearms. The other Fae, a young woman probably around Riven's age, was in a short chiton, which did nothing to stop Riven's hands as he gripped her thighs. Neither had quite noticed Indigo yet, too absorbed in what they were doing.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo had holed themself up, having found a nice reading area and a good stack of books to get through. From the moment they opened a book on herbal medicine, they were completely engrossed, as if nothing else existed around them. That is, until she heard the door creak open, at which a surge of panic went through her and she closed the book. Had they come looking for her? They listened for the voices of her mistress and her husband, and maybe some guards, but instead there was… laughter?
They looked over, and immediately looked away. What were they doing here? Honestly, they didn’t want to find out, but she couldn’t just confront them. She returned to reading, hoping the prince and the noblewoman would simply leave at some point. Unfortunately, it was much more difficult to focus now. They were so loud and annoying. Indigo’s face scrunched up, looking miffed, and out of exasperation she covered it with the book. Please, just go somewhere else…

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Riven– Riven there's someone here." The young woman gasped out, breathless. He left off from what he was doing to look around, and his eyes fell on Indigo. "Oh. It's Zephyr's ugly duckling. And what are you doing in my library?" He asked, raising an eyebrow over at her as if they were in the wrong, for being in the royal library where he so obviously wanted to be doing something quite different than reading. "Don't you know the library is for your betters, in every sense of the word?"

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo let the book fall into their lap, keeping one finger inside so they wouldn’t lose her place. She gestured with the book, an expression of annoyance still on her face.
“Reading, of course. What else is the library for? Certainly not whatever you’re doing, Your Highness.” They looked between the two and sighed, looking away. “Then I suppose I’m one of those betters, at least for now.” Bold words, she knew, but maybe it would make them leave.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Riven narrowed his eyes, releasing the girl so he could turn and look at Indigo. "Excuse me?" He asked, voice low. "What did you just say to me? The proper response is…well, the proper response is for you to bow and leave. Not speak to me. You aren't fae. You aren't even free. You're a stupid, low little human slave, and you had best watch your mouth. You are speaking to your prince."

@Tired-but-passionate

Aaaaand they still were here. Of course. Indigo chose this moment to not speak, instead deciding to focus on reading. After all, he said that’s what she was supposed do, right? They could help but smirk smugly to themselves before letting it fall.
Maybe getting all rebellious now was a bad idea, but she could feel her compliance melting away. It had been like this for so long, so perhaps it was time to shake things up a little. What was the worst that could happen, at this point?

@ElderGod-Icefire

Riven frowned, moving towards her. His shirt was still hanging half off, the Fae drug twinkling at his lips and down his throat, glittering on his fingers as he put a hand on her book, pulling it away. "Listen to me, you shitstain." he snarled, slamming the book back down on the table. "Get out of my library."

@Tired-but-passionate

The moment the book was pulled from their grasp, Indigo felt a surge of fury. They stood and snatched it back. “I was reading that!” they blurted, and immediately put a hand to her mouth in surprise. Then she took a deep breath and let her hand fall to her side. Studying the prince for a moment, they finally said, “No,” and dashed away from them to move to the other side of the library.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He glared, chasing after them. "You stupid little bitch, do I need to go get your master? Zephyr will not be pleased if I tell him of this." that little if. That little glint of mercy. He wouldn't tell Zephyr, if. But who was he kidding? He would tell Zephyr. The only question was how he would spin the tale.

@Tired-but-passionate

They had hidden behind a corner, holding the book close to their chest. “Your Highness,” she said exasperatedly. “Would it kill you to leave me alone and pretend like I don’t exist like everyone else does? If you tell my master, fine. I can take another beating.”

@ElderGod-Icefire

Riven clenched his fists. "This is the royal library. You aren't permitted here except by express permission by a royal, while on a duty for your master. You have neither." he kept looking around for her, frowning. "Your presence makes it impossible for anyone else to accomplish anything in here."

@Tired-but-passionate

She squeezed her eyes shut. “It’s not like I was going to take anything or disturb the peace.” Their voice was small. “I came here with nothing, and I’ll leave with nothing, and it will be as if I was never here. Is it so wrong to want a moment without a care in the world?” They were pleading with him now, and they knew it wouldn’t work. It never did, and no one cared. Indigo wasn’t sure why she was doing it now.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He kept looking for them. "You had a moment. Now leave." he growled. He didn't have any intention, yet, of punishing them, but he wasn't pleased that she had came here without permission. This was his family's library, she didn't belong here. That was his main thought. He was high and drunk and just wanted some sex, and they were in the way of that.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo let their eyes open, a small laugh leaving their lips. “Did I? How long has it been?” They said it more to herself than to the prince. Time always passed quicker in the library, sadly. She looked down at the book and skimmed through a couple of pages. Troll’s eyes could treat burns, Hickoll root could be used for insomnia, and lichen from the Grinkem tree was a general pain reliever. All could be found somewhere around the Thistlewell Estate. Indigo could remember that.
Looking around, she realized she was in the fiction section of the library, so she came out of her hiding place and, ignoring Riven, went back to the side of the library where they came from. Going back to their original hiding place, they gathered their stack of books and began putting them back into place, one by one.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Riven watched them, arms crossed as he waited for her to finish and leave. The Fae woman he had come with was sitting on the table, her lips pursed in a pout at being interupted, the strap of her chiton beginning to slip down her shoulder. Riven tapped his foot, waiting.

@Tired-but-passionate

As they slid one of the last books into place, Indigo realized the prince and that woman may not leave. They might stay and do… whatever they were going to do. The thought sent another wave of rage and disgust over her, but there was nothing they could do about it now. There never was.
She finished putting the books back and left without another word. Olympia and Zephyr wouldn’t be pleased, but she was already resigned to whatever the consequences may be.