forum Secret Circle | CLOSED | Witchy Stuffs
Started by @EternallyEris
tune

people_alt 59 followers

@EternallyEris

Many years ago, five witch families crossed the sea to the new world to escape persecution. They settled in the newly bustling cities of the North East and thrived. This continued on for many years, in which all five families used their magic to become bluebloods, politicians, celebrities and the like. Until in the early 1900s, one member of the five families decided that they needed more power, more fame, more everything and accidentally summoned a dark creature from the depths of the Void causing major destruction.

In an effort to stop the creature many lives were lost, including members of the five witch families, but in the end they prevailed. The Elders decided the break the circle binding the five families, as being all together only seemed to bring constant tragedy and temptation to the dark. Each family moved away to different parts of the country and eventually their magic began to fade away, their histories forgotten.

Now, a century later, 5 decedents of the original families happen to enroll in the same university in the dreary and mysterious woodlands of the upper North East. Brought together once more, it seems that Fate may have more in store for them, and as their powers being to awaken/get stronger, they may just reawaken the beast that has been slumbering for so long.

OKAY– Eris back at it again with a roleplaying.

There are 4 open slots (I've already picked out the last names for ya, because……well I like these names)

Witch Family Cahor: (This is the family that had the bad dude that summoned a rampaging demon in it) Lee
Witch Family Proctor: Reed
Witch Family Alden: Eris
Witch Family Reoch: Tired
Witch Family Cantini: Shade
Witch Family Talbot: Elly

Also - since our characters are going into University, they must be at least 18 years old.

Rules:

1. Ask me before joining
  2. Please please please use correct grammar and punctuation and all that
  3. Don't control other people's characters without asking
  4. LGBTQ+ is both welcomed and encouraged
  5. Hate between the characters is alright, hate between each other is not (be nice guys)
  6. Try and make your characters diverse in personality, race, sexuality, etc. (No Mary/Gary Sues)
  7. Try and refrain from one-liners if you can. (I'm a stickler for longer responses, so try your best!)
  8. If you have major plot ideas that's encouraged, just pm me about em
  9. There's going to be lots of swearing here. And murder and thievery. And possibly drinking and gambling. You know "college stuffs" If you're not okay with that, don't join.
  10. There's gonna be romance but let's not have any planned beforehand. Just let it happen, people.
  11. I reserve the right to add to these if I want.

@EternallyEris

Template!

Name:
Do they know about their magic: Y/N?
Personality:
Major:
Open to shipping?:
Magic Specialty:
Other:

Deleted user

Me, in tears, knowing full well I shouldn't do another rp because of my lack of motivation: May I join?

Deleted user

<3
I'm gonna go sleep but I will re-read and make a character in the morning!

Deleted user

May I join? Your premise gave me an idea for a Cantini or Cahor descendant who returned to the U.K. as a "dollar princess" (when destitute aristocrats sought to marry heirs to mercantile fortunes who were usually American, so there would be a combination of money and aristocratic titles). I'm into what's sounding like Academia Gothic aesthetics!

I'd like to lurk and follow the plot either way.

Previous roleplay writing sample: https://www.notebook.ai/forum/limited/i-have-an-oc-and-i-want-to-use-him-for-something-so-why-not-for-a-roleplay-o-o#post_2448586

@EternallyEris

May I join? Your premise gave me an idea for a Cantini or Cahor descendant who returned to the U.K. as a "dollar princess" (when destitute aristocrats sought to marry heirs to mercantile fortunes who were usually American, so there would be a combination of money and aristocratic titles). I'm into what's sounding like Academia Gothic aesthetics!

I'd like to lurk and follow the plot either way.

Previous roleplay writing sample: https://www.notebook.ai/forum/limited/i-have-an-oc-and-i-want-to-use-him-for-something-so-why-not-for-a-roleplay-o-o#post_2448586

Yes! please join!
Let me know which Family you'd like to choose.

@EternallyEris

Ooo may I? I'm a sucker for witches. I might go with Cantini or Reoch, if that's alright

Can you send me a sample? I dont think we've rped before

@EternallyEris

Oh heck I got here too late…

Wellllllll I mean I love rping with you. If you'd like to join a slot is yours for sure! Just let me know what family you'd like.

I think I'll make a sixth family, depending on how I like everyone :P

@Tired-but-passionate

(Here’s a sample!)
Mina’s family had been in Soul Station for generations, and the Murrays being the one of the more powerful families there, Moriarty would have known them well. Perhaps he was picking a familiar face when he ensnared her.
In a way, Mina Harker and her husband Jonathan were still haunted by the events of three years ago. Some nights she cried herself to sleep, some she didn’t sleep at all. On those nights, she would hear Jonathan murmuring and whimpering in his nightmares. Sometimes it went further than three years. The fuzzy memories of a sea of black and empty graves would resurface, or it would just be a simple question in her mind. What happened to them? No one could seem to say. Mina had her own speculations of the fate of her parents, but she never had the time to investigate them.
She had extended the manor that she lived in to accommodate the orphanage she ran, as she had thought it would be convenient to have work and home be in the same place. Indeed, it was. Though managing everything would get overwhelming at times, cutting transportation out of the equation certainly made things easier. After eating dinner with the rest of the orphanage staff, Mina made her way back to her office, where she found the letter on her desk. How it got there, she wasn’t sure, but she was too curious about it to care. There were other messages and notifications on her holographic computer, but a paper letter must be more important.
Upon opening it and reading the first few words, her expression was stony. When she was finished, she was shaking, but resolute. The strange message told of James Moriarty’s offer to recruit her to team with the purpose of finding and capturing the Clay Man, who, as the letter claimed, had brought about her father’s demise. Father’s? So did that mean…?
There was also the claim that the Clay Man was actively watching her, though how or why wasn’t specified. It only said that if something happened, the criminal would find the task of killing her and the rest of her family quite simple.
Mina vaguely remembered Moriarty’s name. Vaguely. Had father known him? Is that why and how he knew all of this? She then recalled his name being mentioned in a few news broadcasts, though that seemed to be all they had, his name. Like he was a mere footnote. This didn’t exactly solidify his identity in her mind. The letter asked her to go to the Benjamin Towers building next Thursday. Perhaps she could discuss it with him then? She would like for this to be simply some sort of prank, but then, why go through the trouble of writing this on paper?
She sighed. She would go. The feeling of there being more than meets the eye rose up in the back of her mind. And of course, there was only one way to find out if this was all true.

@ShadeStar

(Here's a sample. Sorry for no dialouge.)

Chrysa sat alone on the rooftops looking down upon possibly one of the biggest parades in the year. It was a grand event. Streets upon streets of the cities were flooded with people as the government showed off their creations. She personally found it disgusting forcing people, the ones typically kept in the labs to ensure successful recreation, to dress up and put themselves on display. Most appeared fine, dancing and shaking around their floats, others were clearly uncomfortable and all of them female. Chrysa shook her head and mentally scolded herself into focusing on her mission. Her sources had told her a new splice was being released today, and she needed to check on which one it was. She had been up there for some time now and nothing new even as the parade was starting to come to a close. She figured no new splice was coming and it was all false hype, so she made her way down onto the streets to see if she could at least make something of this waste of a day. Maybe she could grab a new recruit or two. Chrysa dropped down onto the alley below and began to slink her way through the crowd brushing off the stares she was getting from men. She knew what they wanted and they would get a nasty shock if they tried anything.

Deleted user

Name: Anjali Sassoon (I'm thinking great-grandmother's maiden name was Cahor, but I'm open to Anjali being distant cousins with another character—or a new family entirely; my proposed great-grandmother's maiden name for this option, Talbot, might still be hidden.)
Sexuality: sapphic

Appearance: Faceclaim on Karen Shenaz David. Olive complexion, aquiline but also slightly soft features, delicate arched eyebrows that maybe make her look more mischievous or judgmental than she actually is.
Do they know about their magic: Yes.
Personality: Kind and headstrong, still learning to balance those.
Major: English Literature (with a minor in theater arts)
Open to shipping?: only if necessary to the plot

Magic Specialty: It looks like super speed. Actually, she can slow time (not freeze it) up to one hour per month intermittently at will, slowed down to over twelve hours at most.

As a consequence, if she uses this power to its limit, then she gets afflicted with "hiccups" after the next new moon. These "hiccups" mean that twelve hours of the next month will be sped up to compress to one hour per lunar cycle—and she cannot control or initiate this balancing-out.

If she only stretched 75 seconds into 5 minutes one month (she could slow time so that 75 seconds fit into 15 minutes, but can choose to not slow time down to that extreme limit), then usually the next month of it "springing back" will be one full minute being fast-forwarded at random times for five random days of that month. During these times, Anjali appears to be "zoning out" or "slow".

To use her power, she needs to be able to focus, so, if everybody in a room is shouting at everybody else then she probably can't get in the peaceful state of mind that allows her to slow time. If she were forewarned that she needs to use this power, then she can use it even while people are shouting (as long as they don't also try to knock her over or wrestle her or something).

She can cast up to 11 human-sized fields of inclusion with only her mind, if they remain within sight or if she knows them personally and can cast it on somebody out of sight—By doing this, others can experience time slowing down too, and benefit from comparative super speed, but Anjali controls the pace for all of them although of course she doesn't control their actions within or outside these time distortion fields.

Other: Is probably a TA, if no ships between players then she's probably in a relationship with her dormitory roommate from sophomore year who dropped out.

@EternallyEris

Name: Anjali Sassoon (I'm thinking great-grandmother's maiden name was Cahor, but I'm open to Anjali being distant cousins with another character—or a new family entirely; my proposed great-grandmother's maiden name for this option, Talbot, might still be hidden.)

I dig her!
I'll make a new family for you. What name are you going with? Sassoon? Talbot? :)

Deleted user

I dig her!
I'll make a new family for you. What name are you going with? Sassoon? Talbot? :)

Yay! The lineage that Anjali gets the magic from is Talbot—but the birth certificate family name is Sassoon…so, both, but only one officially shows (the non-magical Sassoon surname). Talbot can be for magical insiders in-the-know, and Sassoon in the "normal" life.