forum Who do you think is the best Insane Character even Written (Books, Comics, Manga or Written online)
Started by @King-in-Yellow group
tune

people_alt 64 followers

@King-in-Yellow group

I know this will sound basic but I think Joker was a well-written character, You can see him broken down and built back up and then broken back down and built back up

@requiemisback language

if we're talking about insane characters, i'm gonna go with Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
he's a very well-written character, and his "insanity" plays into the events of the game's plot, which is something i really like, especially from him-
and also because his madness does have a motivation; and that's something i like to see in characters who do wind up going mad because if they go mad without a reason, it just makes no sense overall
so yeah, that's what i think ig nejsjsbksks

@Bugz26 group

This may sound a bit crazy but… Have any of you watched the Dream SMP? (If you haven't, it's a long story. It isn't exactly a TV show/movie/book series, but it is a collection of twitch/youtube streams by different people on a Minecraft server titled the "Dream SMP") I think Wilbur made a fantastic insane villain. His writing and acting make for an amazing character/character arc.

@Katastrophic group

I second the Dream smp, wilbur's acting is very good. So is Dream and Ranboo's, who go for manipulative crazy and just losing it, respectively.
I really like insane characters where you can see what happened, and even though they're usually the villans, you still kinda root for them.

• Adelina from Younge Elites by Marie Lu
  • BOOK VERSION Daenerys from Game of Thrones
  • Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul
  • Seven/Vanya from Umbrella Academy (maybe not completely insane/has reasons but definately not completely there either)
  • 9s from Neir Automata
  • Akechi in Persona 5

@sock group

I'm not sure if he counts as insane but Jiho from Lookism (a Webtoon) is a very despicable character that gradually turns into a villain. I think it's in his Juvenile Detention arc that he truly loses it and becomes a character to be feared. There are other delusional characters in this webtoon, but Jiho takes the cake.
Another character would be Rand from the Wheel of Time series. Part of his character arc in the later books is slowly going insane all while talking to himself, trying to convince both himself and everyone around him that he isn't going crazy.

Deleted user

Whoever said Adelina, you are absolutely right
I think it was even better because most of the books were from her perspective so we can see what she went through.

@Katastrophic group

I think it was even better because most of the books were from her perspective so we can see what she went through.

ikr? It wasnt until

that I started to realise she was actually full on crazy and not just motivated by strong emotions that will be redeemed later.

Deleted user

ikr? It wasnt until

that I started to realise she was actually full on crazy and not just motivated by strong emotions that will be redeemed later.

Yeah!!!
I really liked having something from her perspective though

@knightinadream group

For me, Seo Moonjo from the K-drama/webtoon "Strangers from Hell". When you first meet him in the show, he seems like a cool nice guy, at least, that's what the main character, Jongu, thinks. In reality, he is insane and he is sinister. He is able to groom Jongu into becoming a murderer and acting on his own impulses; Moonjo practically lives through Jongu. Also, he calls Jongu "my finest work of art". He sees murder as art. It's not just his insanity that makes him a horrific murderer, but also his philosophy and intelligence. He is a dentist and he likes to torture people by removing their teeth, while they're awake and without any medication, then make them into rings or bracelet charms. Honestly, I could write so much about why I think he's a great written insane character/antagonist. Perfectly written in both the show and webtoon and perfectly portrayed by an amazing actor in the show.

@The-Magician group

ikr? It wasnt until

Yeah!!!

I’m so freaking glad that other people have

1. Read the Young Elites!
  2. Agree that her progression into insanity was really well written!

Deleted user

ikr? It wasnt until

Yeah!!!

I’m so freaking glad that other people have

1. Read the Young Elites!
  2. Agree that her progression into insanity was really well written!

Honestly, all of Lu's books are really good
The storylines for both Young Elites and Warcross were chefs kiss

@glowingwithpride

I know this may be a cliché, but Azula's slow spiral throughout Avatar: the Last Airbender is so amazing. And the hair symbolism throughout is just cool to me.

Awww man! I was just about to say Azula, but yes her arc from her father's golden child to a scared and breaking little girl gets me every goddam time, such an amazing character