forum Angels aren't Allowed to be Gay, what are you Talking About? // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

When some people die, instead of just going to heaven or hell, they become an angel in heaven, there to guide others and to fight demons. Other than these special jobs, though, they are mostly like others who end up in heaven:

• still married to their spouse, who they must remain loyal to forever. However, only marriages between a man and a woman are honored in heaven. Cheating is punished
  • free to enjoy their time in heaven, unless doing the duties mentioned above.

Older angels train the newer angels. All angels answer to the Archangels, who in turn answer to god.

Plot: your character is one of the newest angels. My character will be the one training your character. Your character is gay, and he knows it, and eventually figures out that my character, Alex, is also gay, but so deep in the closet he doesn't even know. Basically, your character slowly nudges Alex into figuring it out, and they enter into an illicit relationship. The problem? Angels aren't allowed to be gay, and in addition, Alex is married to a woman. So they hide their relationship, but how long can it stay hidden?

If you have any questions, please ask! RP is based on an old one that died

Rules:

• Andrew's rules apply
  • descriptive, about three sentences minimum
  • this will contain homophobia, for a few reasons: heaven, and also Alex died in the 70's and does still carry some of those prejudices. If homophobia is not something you're okay with RPing, please don't try to join this
  • this will also contain mentions/memories of suicide, due to that being Alex's manner of death. If this triggers you, please do not join.
  • for the reason mentioned above, this RP is 16+
  • Smut will be taken to PMs
  • I reserve the right to say no

Deleted user

OOOOooooOOOOoOOOOOoooooOOOOO may I? I know we're already in like, one-maybe-two RPs but still.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Here's the template! If you have any questions, let me know :)

Name:
Gender and sexuality:
Looks:
Birthdate:
Deathdate:
Cause of Death:
Other:

Name: Alexander "Alex" Swanson
Gender and sexuality: Male. Gay, but so deep in that he doesn't even know it
Looks: Tall, at just over six feet. Has warm brown hair with hints of red and gold in it. His hair is a little bit shaggy, but usually swept out of his face and a little to the side. His eyes are a deep emerald green, with tiny hints of amber near his iris. He is white, with a light tan and some small freckles. Has a scar around his neck from his death, though the scar is only visible in certain lights or if you look close enough. There are also scars on his forearms that are the same way. Most are from his suicide. He usually wears a button-up and slacks, sometimes with a sweater thrown over top.
Birthdate: March 5, 1949
Deathdate: August 18,1974
Cause of Death: Suicide
Other: his wife's name is Mary. Aesthetic Board. Smokes when anxious, stressed, or upset.

Songs that have a similar vibe to the RP lol: Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy
Young and Menace by Fall Out Boy

Deleted user

Name: Kaden "Bubbles" Hobbes
Gender and sexuality: Trans man and was on T and had top surgery before he died, he/him, a bit too gay for his own good.
Looks: Looks stressed. Black hair, with 3c curls that look to have been left unwashed for months. Hazelnut brown skin and a wide, soft nose, round face with a softly defined jaw, thick eyebrows and facial hair that's gone untended to for months. Brown eyes, nearly black with how dark they are, like the bottom of the ocean.
Birthdate: September 8th, 1995
Deathdate: September 8th, 2020
Cause of Death: Overdose. Was it deliberate, or accidental? He'll never know, he doesn't really remember the details.
Other: Hurry Hurry by Air Traffic Controller is A Song for him. He discovered it the moment it came out and it basically became his theme song. He listens to it when he's stressed.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(I like him! One thing we gotta figure out now tho: would his body in heaven match exactly what it was when he died, or would it revert completely back to female, or change completely into a bio male? Idc which one it is, so it's up to you, since he's your character)
(Also sorry if this question is insensitive, I don't mean to be)

Deleted user

(Probably stay roughly the same, but like, with wings. I don't think he'd really care how he looked as long as he wasn't like, super feminine.)

@ElderGod-Icefire

(alright! I'm gonna start with Alex looking for Kaden, so this would be just after Kaden arrives in Heaven)

Alex had only the bare information on his new trainee: Kaden Hobbes, 25, died of drug overdose. That was really all the information he had, but it was enough. He knew where to look to find the newest angel. He also knew that Kaden would be disoriented, and wouldn't know what was going on, so he knew he would have to do a lot of explaining to do. He arrived at the spot and waited, one hand in his pocket. He wore a long sleeve, button-up shirt in a clean white tone, paired with dark slacks on the bottom. Unlike most angels, Alex had no visible wings, and looked like anyone else, save for the slim golden halo above his head, which cast a soft glow of light across his hair and face, making his cheekbones appear even sharper due to the angle of the light.

Deleted user

Kaden awoke in robes of pure light that hung around his figure in a way that obscured most of his body, with wings like an albatross hanging behind him heavily. There was a halo above his head that looked just a bit too bright for him and Kaden briefly wondered if it had a "dim" setting.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Alex stepped forward when Kaden appeared. "Kaden?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows a little bit. His own halo was dimmer than Kaden's; you could adjust how bright they were, yes, and Alex kept his to a soft, dim glow that wouldn't distract him. "My name is Alexander Swanson, you can call me Alex. I'll be your mentor."

Deleted user

"Uh, yeah. That's me? Maybe? I'm still hazy from the… wait, where are we? And what's on my back?" he asked, turning around trying to spot his huge wings, and when he did he came close to fainting. "Uh, uh, I have wings. Why do I have wings? And where is all that bright light coming from?"

@ElderGod-Icefire

He smiled faintly. "You're dead, Kaden." He said softly. "You're an angel now. The wings and halo are because you're an angel. If you want to dim the halo, just…concentrate on that and dimming the light." He tried to be quiet and calm, knowing that this would be difficult for Kaden to take in.

Deleted user

"Wait, I'm dead? No, I have a family! I have to take care of my uncle, he'll probably kill himself if I leave him alone. I was the only thing stopping him from… well, you probably know all about my family history with addiction, don't you? I suppose you know everything about me, being some sort of frickin' angel and all." he said flippantly, with lots of disrespect in his voice.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Alex sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "No, kid, I don't know that much about you, and there's nothing I can do about the family left behind." He said, doing his best to stay patient. He knew all of this was very hard to comprehend at first. "All I know about you is your name, age, and how you died, along with a few other small bits of information. That's it. Mentors aren't given much information on trainees, since we're meant to bond with you and get to know you, not just immediately know everything."

Deleted user

"Right. Okay. A lot to process there. So, uh, you're supposed to mentor me then? On what? I mean, mentorship seems boring, couldn't I already know everything I need to know here? I'm assuming this is heaven, after all. I was an okay person when I was alive, I brushed my teeth and said my prayers and all, I guess. Well, maybe not always brushed my teeth, sometimes it was just a really rough shift at Trader Joe's with some ass screaming their lungs out at me and I forgot- sorry, you don't need to hear all this." he shrugged, and looked up at his halo. He then attempted to yank it off, but the thing wouldn't budge. "So I guess I'm stuck with brights on for eternity then, am I?"

@ElderGod-Icefire

Alex let out a faint breath. "One. Mentorship is meant to reinforce the bonds between angels, and because it's better for you, mentally, to learn from another person instead of just knowing everything you need to know. Second, yes, this is heaven. Third, the halo can be turned down if you focus on it." He gestured to his own, which was dimmer than Kaden's.

Deleted user

"Can I… get rid of the halo? Perhaps? I don't like it." Kaden said, tilting his head some and trying to focus on dimming himself. He failed. "This is useless. It won't dim, not for me apparently." Kaden grumped, and then he turned to try and raise his wings. No luck. They were simply too heavy, too heavy to even easily drag behind. No, this was going to take effort, effort Kaden was too tired and too sick to put in. He simply didn't want to deal with all this mess, and would be happy to find a nice bed or cloud to lie down on. "Is there anywhere I can rest? I'm not sure I'm up for mega-angel-training."

@ElderGod-Icefire

He sighed faintly, reaching out to grip Kaden's halo in his hands. As Kaden's mentor, he could help with the halo if necessary. He slowly turned it down until it was only a very dim glow, and then let go. "If you'll come with me, I can show you to where you'll be staying." Kaden would, in fact, be staying in Alex's home with him and his wife. It was rather standard for trainees to live with their mentors, unless both were unmarried, in which case the trainee would be put into an apartment nearby, rather than in the same building.

Deleted user

Kaden nodded. This sounded like the best option to him, and he really was glad for the hospitality. But he was tired, and therefore testy, and not happy with these arrangements. This wasn't golden gates on a cloud, this was a world of holy light, and he wasn't even that religious! If anything, he'd been agnostic before he died, and he was certainly not expecting this.

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Come. You'll need some sleep, and we can talk again when you wake up." Alex said, starting to walk, and then pausing to make sure Kaden was following him. "I know this is a bit overwhelming for you, so I'm not going to push you along too quickly." He ran his hands through his hair.

Deleted user

Kaden sighed. "Why do angels even need sleep? Doesn't that make them just as bad as humans?" he asked, looking somewhat confused and very tired of being an angel already. He couldn't remember much about his death, only that it had been an overdose and that in his final hours, his mom had been crying.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He blinked. "No? Sleep isn't what causes problems in humans, in any case. And sleep is…I don't really know, alright? I just know that we can head back and you can rest." He kept walking.