forum Angels aren't Allowed to be Gay, what are you Talking About? // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 56 followers

Deleted user

"I mean, it must make angels seem weaker, anyways. And weakness probably isn't good in the eternal battle for the forces of good and evil, I suppose." he said, still very confused.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He blinked quickly. "Do…you not want to sleep?" he asked slowly, a bit confused. "And it doesn't make us weaker, at all." he ran his hands through his hair uncertainly.

Deleted user

"I didn't like sleeping much on Earth, when I was alive. It took too much time, and too much time wasn't good for when you worked long shifts as a paramedic." he shrugged. He'd always take extra shifts to try and pay the exorbitantly expensive rent.

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Well– you said you were tired. The best way to fix that is to get some sleep." he said slowly, arching an eyebrow at Kaden. If his trainee wasn't going to sleep, then…they should get started on the getting-to-know-each-other process, shouldn't they.

Deleted user

"But why." that was less of a statement, more of a complaint. "Fine, which way to your place?" he asked, hoping they could get this mentorship thing over with as soon as possible so he could go on his 9-5 angel-ing duties in peace, without having to worry about much than defending heaven from Evil and Bad and Satan or whatever it was that angels did.

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Because. And it's this way." he replied, starting to walk again and sighing faintly. "It's not that bad, this job." he said, shaking his head just a little bit and running his hands through his hair again. "So don't get too worried about it."

Deleted user

"Because is not a legitimate answer!" he squealed, but allowed it for the most part, feeling only vaguely distressed with the situation. "I will worry, thank you very much. Worrying is one of my best skills. As is stubbornness, and letting people walk all over me like a doormat. I'm a complex person."

@ElderGod-Icefire

He let out a slow breath. "Look, you…I don't know how to help with the worrying, but…" he trailed off, shaking his head a little bit. "Please just calm down, you'll get used to all this eventually."

Deleted user

"No, I won't. I have lived a life of constant fear, worry, paranoia, you name it, and that won't change just because I've been thrown into a new situation I am by no means capable of handling! So, you can shove that idea up your halo and be done with it." he growled, suddenly feeling more righteous anger than fear.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He stopped walking, closing his eyes for a moment. I hate being a mentor. "Look, Kaden, I'm doing my best to help you through this. I need you to cooperate with me, alright?"

Deleted user

"Cooperate? I shouldn't even be here! I was a terrible person by all accounts, and seriously, even if your Jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins, I don't think heaven is too keen on nonbelievers." he shrugged, anger dying down into confusion.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He closed his eyes for a moment. "It doesn't have…in the case of angels, it's not about Jesus and belief or lack thereof. I certainly wasn't a believer either, not at the time of my death." he knew most Christians wouldn't dream of killing themselves, not the way he had done it.

Deleted user

"I suppose you make a fair point. I just wish I hadn't ended up here, this place is kind of too bourgeois for me." he shrugged. It was, all light and clean and no sign of struggle, it was kind of a lifeless paradise, at least in Kaden's mind.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He sighed faintly. "I'm so sorry that heaven disappoints you, would you like to go to hell instead?" he asked, opening his eyes and arching an eyebrow at Kaden. His voice snapped with a faint sarcasm, irritation, and tiredness.

Deleted user

"Maybe. Eternal torture would certainly be more exciting than here. Oh, will I go to hell for saying that? Well, try me, god! Throw whatever you've got at me!" he shouted, drawing the attention of several nearby angels.

@ElderGod-Icefire

The angels just blinked at him, shook their heads, and continued on their way. Alex gritted his teeth. "Kaden. Shut up." he said, wishing he could have gotten a more cooperative trainee. "Please. I understand you're stressed, but this shouting does no one good."