forum My character is starting a discussion, and any of your characters can join in.
Started by @FantasyOCmama15 forum
tune

people_alt 85 followers

@FantasyOCmama15 forum

Hey all! I feel like it's essential to develop characters enough that you would be able to speak in a conversation as them! I am going to use my character Shirai (he), who is my main character and he is very friendly. Feel free to use one or more of your characters and respond to his topics and engage with him! I also encourage replying to others in the discussion.

Shirai: Does anyone else feel like summer is overrated?

@furetakunai ac_unit

CCH-1R0 (it/its)- Yes. I do. It overheats my systems way too quickly. It is absolutely terrible. These back panels of mine are absolutely tedious to lift every time I overheat. … I suppose I should ask why you think the same, hm?

Hitori (she/her)- Nope! Summer is great. They're are so many people around, nature's coming to life and-

CCH-1R0 - -that nature includes insects that you shriek at. And things that sting you. And pollen.

Hitori - But- yeah nevermind. You're right. It's overrated.

@FantasyOCmama15 forum

CCH-1R0 (it/its)- Yes. I do. It overheats my systems way too quickly. It is absolutely terrible. These back panels of mine are absolutely tedious to lift every time I overheat. … I suppose I should ask why you think the same, hm?

Hitori (she/her)- Nope! Summer is great. They're are so many people around, nature's coming to life and-

CCH-1R0 - -that nature includes insects that you shriek at. And things that sting you. And pollen.

Hitori - But- yeah nevermind. You're right. It's overrated.

Shirai: I knew that I wasn't the only one who thought that! See, my race, Mensens as we are called, maintain higher body temperatures- about twenty degrees over what any human average is. Our hearts, ribcages, and lungs are all larger as well. So essentially, when it's eighty degrees out- pleasant to some humans- it is miserable for me and my race, because it is a whopping one hundred degrees! Winter is by far the best season.

Kesshoku (he): Yes, he's always complaining about how hot it is in summer. I used to like summer before the miserable complaining from his end ruined my taste for it. Isn't that right, Shirai?

Shirai: ignoring this anyways, I don't understand how people love it so much. It's just too hot!

Deleted user

Jesus: Summer is beautiful to meet.

Vozreal: (He): Hell yeah it's overrated

@Personwhowrites group

Myles: I wouldn't know, I've been in the Mirror Realm for 3 million years.
Discord: It's nice I guess. I don't really hang out on Earth that much, Earth would never let me. But whenever I was there it was always fun.
Myles: …
Discord: Oh, right. I'll have to show you someday. I'm working on a way to get you out, I promise,
Myles: Okay…

holly

Clem (she/her): I love summer! Summer is the best, because all the plants are flowering, and there are bees everywhere, and we can have waterfights! So, yeah I love summer!

@sheabutter group

Clem (she/her): I love summer! Summer is the best, because all the plants are flowering, and there are bees everywhere, and we can have waterfights! So, yeah I love summer!

Aryn (they/them): We, unfortunately, don't get flowers. It's a sad fact when you live in a kingdom in the sky, but at least the sun is closer! It's so warm!

Sadon (he/him): Speak for yourself! I burn so quickly and easily! It's not fair! I belong where it's cold.

@spacebluelily language

Azula (she/her): I don't really like Summer. It's just so hot. I mean, not as hot as other places in the U.S., but still hot enough for New York. Sometimes, I get in a bad mood, and I accidentally create storms. It's not really fun hearing the people complain over how it's no longer sunny. Enjoy the god damn rain.

Stephanie: Yeah, Summer is super overrated. I personally like Winter and Fall more. Building a snowman, drinking hot chocolate, drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes, you know the usual stuff.

@FantasyOCmama15 forum

Shirai: But if we want to talk about swimming in the summer… that's a different story. The only good side of hot weather is being ablke to splash into the water and relax. I personally love to go to the lake near my old home and just swim for hours with my friends.

Kesshoku: Except for me, because swimming is dumb, and we have to walk back to our camp while soaking wet.

Shirai: Oh come on, Kesshoku. It's worth it.

Kesshoku: Nope.

@JustAnotherFangirl group

Leo: Y'all are crazy! Summer is the best season because you can LITERALLY WALK OUTSIDE WITHOUT SHOES OR A COAT OR ANYTHING and everything is blooming and smells wonderful. Summer is the only season where it's actually comfortable to read outside! "but the bugs!" you say! SCREW THE BUGS FRICKING ESSENTIAL OILS IN YOUR SOAP AND THEY WON'T BITE YOU "but the heat!" you say! SCREW THE HEAT THERE'S SHADE AND FANS!!! Summer is the best season. By far.

@spacebluelily language

Azula: You'll burn your feet without shoes. SHADE? In what world do you live where there's shade? There's not one bit of shade here in the summer, and the fans don't help at all to cool us down. I always thought Spring was the season where everything is blooming and smells wonderful. Guess, I was wrong.

@Williamnot group

Austin(He/him): Summer means less rain. Less rain means more people. More people means I'm more likely to punch someone, which will get me into trouble. So yeah. I'll stick to fall.

@Mojack group

Kyuso (he/him): The heat makes it harder to maintain a stable human form. I can still manage it, but I might temporarily lose other aspects of my being if I chose to focus on keeping myself together in the heat. I’m a bit better in the cold, but not by much. I prefer a more even temperature, leaning towards cold. And on swimming..I’ll only do it if I have to.

Midori (she/they): You were always so picky with what temperatures you liked to be in, Kyuso! As for me, I’m neutral on summer. I’m still new to the human world - and seasons were a new concept to me. I won’t say I can’t wait for summer, but I wouldn’t say I “can’t wait for insert other season name here” either. Unlike a certain someone, I’m not picky! And swimming…I do enjoy relaxing in the water, on the other hand! As a bonus, I also move faster in the water. And it’s easier to ambush prey!

@FantasyOCmama15 forum

Shirai: Now that I see that most of you think the same thing, I have a new question- what is your home or birthplace like? what's your favorite place to be and why? My birthplace is a four-section city with walls all around it, beautiful green meadows, mountains and valleys, and near-humans as welcoming and lively as anybody you'd ever meet. My favorite place to be is probably Egrium, the country of mist as they call it- it's full of amazing little creatures and plants that you could never find anywhere else- and the elves! such elegant and beautiful creatures. It's perfect for my body-temperature as well, because the mist keeps the forests cool and damp and I loooove cool weather.

@sheabutter group

Aryn: Well I live in a city in the sky called Ae'gir. The people who live here have bird-like wings that they use to get around. However, my favorite place to be in my library-I can sit in there for hours and just read! It's my favorite thing.

Deleted user

Aster (they): Er- mind if I pop in? My birthplace is a city called Praedo and… to be frank, it's quite unforgiving to non-humans. We essentially are slaves or ornaments to humans. My favourite place is the waterfall at the end of the river near my home. it's peaceful and hardly ever populated by peaceful and maintains a mystical air to it. It's full of many muted cool colours and visually appealing to me.

@WhiteLighters group

Ray (She/her): Well that sucks, can't say where I live is any better. (Upstate) New York can be pretty rough if you ain't careful of all the people. I know all to well humans can be really nasty things, though as a criminal I really ain't anything special myself. I hope you can keep visiting your fantasy land bro, seems like it brings you some cool inner peace. If I could be anywhere else in New York right now, I'd go to a nice record shop y'know, buy some cd's to play when I'm bored, It's really the only thing I want to do in my free time.

Deleted user

Johari (She/her)- "I hate summer. It's too hot."
Nile(He/him)- Stares lovingly at Johari without saying anything.

Taija Sensei

[everyone encountering this message suddenly feels an otherworldly pressure]
Red (incomprehensible pronouns): . . .What are these strange colourless boxes? What script is this appearing before me?
Emerald (He/him): I think they're letters… in some ancient tongue? ….It looks like different entities are conversing with one another, from a convergence of realms. They're speaking of… Summer and Winter and other foreign cities. I don't really understand.
Red: For what purpose? Do they seek war? Should I eradicate them?
Emerald: Haha, no, no they seem friendly. Hey look, one of them even likes libraries, maybe you two could get along…..Red?

Deleted user

Aster: Ooh, libraries are wonderful. It's like another world. And regarding the previous question… well, I don't much like summer. It's too… too bright. Waayyy too bright.

@Space group

Blair (She/Her): I don't mind summer… It doesn't make much of a difference to me what the season is since I usually stay inside to draw and bake. I do however enjoy hanging out with my friends during the summer, or any season for that matter. Only if we don't stray too far away from the safety of the castle… As long as my friends are happy with the weather, so am I.

Aiden (She/Her): Oh I just love summer! I can wear so many cute outfits and really get in a few workouts throughout the day. (Don't tell anybody I go for runs in the woods. I'm not supposed to leave the castle XD)

Alikey (She/Her): It doesn't make a difference to me because I died in book 5 LMAO

@kingnocedas group

Kacey (she/her): What are you guys talking about? Summer's the most beautiful time of year when you can go out and enjoy yourselves!
Nabila (she/her): Yep. It's hot, sticky, and it gives me bloody headaches.
Karuko (she/her): Abso-fucking-lutely. It's light all the time, I sweat easily and my freakazoid parents always force me to go out and "get some vitamin D". The only vitamin D I'm taking is DayQuil for my hayfever.

Deleted user

Sain, who looks like she hasn't been outside in weeks and has thick bags under her eyes: Mood

Deleted user

Wren (she/her): Well don't mind me but I HATE summer, I'm already surrounded by fire and sweat, why would I want more? Like, c'mon, I can't even wear my usual jacket and it's not like I can get a day off to chill in the pool or something.