forum Sharing Recipes
Started by @Yamatsu
tune

people_alt 98 followers

@Yamatsu

I’m hungry, you’re probably hungry, why don’t we exchange some delicious recipes! Feel free to either make them at home or use them in a book.

American Chop Suey (Family recipe)
Ingredients:
1 box of pasta (penne, bow tie, elbows, etc.)
2 lbs of 90% lean ground beef
1 Vidalia onion
2 cans of your preferred tomato sauce
Other ingredients: Salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, etc. to taste.

Directions:

1. Dice onion into small chunks
  2. Brown ground beef in a large frying pan, making sure to use a nonstick substance like Pam before browning the beef and moving around with a spatula.
  3. Drain the fat from the beef in a sieve over a large bowl and put the beef back in the pan
  4. Add onion in pan when beef is completely browned. Cook onions until they are browned as well.
  5. Add tomato sauce and turn the heat down to keep it warm.
  6. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
  7. Drain pasta and add on top of the rest of the dish.
  8. Either transfer into a large bowl or serving dish, or just take the pan and eat out of that.

Feel free to share any other recipes, this one takes less than half an hour!

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

@Shuri-is-adopting-new-kidsss! please give us the recipe for that steak you mentioned

Okay so basically what I did was I took a bunch of precooked steak, cut it into smaller pieces, then I took my cast iron skillet, I cooked some mushrooms, and vegetable oil, took them out and ate them, and then I added more olive oil, over the mixture of olive oil and mushroom Grace, splashed in about a cap full of white wine vinegar, and seasoned the pan with garlic powder, pepper, Applewood spice, and cooked it for about 5 minutes, flipping it every minute or so. It turned out really good.

@Yamatsu

My mom's got a recipe for some bomb-ass potato salad, you make it like usual with the boiled potatoes and mayonnaise, but she adds some chunks of hard-boiled eggs, celery, red onions, parsley, and pickle juice instead of vinegar! Tastes AMAZING!

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

My mom's got a recipe for some bomb-ass potato salad, you make it like usual with the boiled potatoes and mayonnaise, but she adds some chunks of hard-boiled eggs, celery, red onions, parsley, and pickle juice instead of vinegar! Tastes AMAZING!

My grandmother does the same

@GameMaster group

My dads pesto recipe:
In a food processor(everything to taste)-
Basil leaves
Walnuts
Parmesan cheese
Garlic
Olive oil
Mix a lot
Bam pesto

@ravens

@Shuri-is-adopting-new-kidsss! please give us the recipe for that steak you mentioned

Okay so basically what I did was I took a bunch of precooked steak, cut it into smaller pieces, then I took my cast iron skillet, I cooked some mushrooms, and vegetable oil, took them out and ate them, and then I added more olive oil, over the mixture of olive oil and mushroom Grace, splashed in about a cap full of white wine vinegar, and seasoned the pan with garlic powder, pepper, Applewood spice, and cooked it for about 5 minutes, flipping it every minute or so. It turned out really good.

MM thank you

@GameMaster group

Does anyone have good smoothie recipes?

Banana, spinach, grape, and mango is good to me

Honey, banana, almond milk, and cocoa powder if you’re craving chocolate which I always am.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Honey, banana, almond milk, and cocoa powder if you’re craving chocolate which I always am.

Wow. Good idea

Deleted user

Blueberries, banana, honey, milk/water, vanilla yoghurt and cardamom is delicious. also I make waayyyy to much smoothies

Deleted user

Blueberries, banana, honey, milk/water, vanilla yoghurt and cardamom is delicious. also I make waayyyy to much smoothies

Also banana, watermelon, peach and vanilla yoghurt, which I am currently making.

@Jay-Marae-is-in-an-emotional-maze

I know a really cool way to make homemade slushies!

Ingredients:
1 cup of any juice
about 2 cups of ice
1 tbsp of salt

Directions:
Take the juice and put it into a sandwich bag
take the ice and salt and put it into a gallon bag
shake (with a dishrag around it so your hands don't get too cold) for 5 min
take out the sandwich bag and put it into a cup

SLUSHIESSS (I like to use peach juice)

@Alayna group

This is my moms recipe for chicken pot pie 🥧 it’s super easy 😺

1 rotisserie chicken ( you can use regular chicken and cook it yourself if you want )
1 pack of frozen mixed veggies ( the usual mix has corn, carrots, and peas but we sometimes add potato as well )
2 cans of gravy ( turkey, chicken, or mushroom will work though I prefer turkey )
1 package of puff pastry ( you will need to thaw this ahead of time )

Throw all ingredients in a pan / pot ( except the pastry ) cook until warmed, then put in a pan. Place pastry on top and brush with an egg wash
Bake according to instructions on pastry package ( if the pastry doesn’t puff up enough for your liking, then you can bake the pastry separately and just cook the filling slightly longer ) And that’s it! 😸❤️🥧

@Pickles group

My mom's recipe for chocolate truffles

Ingredients
10 oz (one bag, if it's a little more than 10, it's fine) chocolate chips, we usually use milk chocolate, but we've also used other flavored ones, like peppermint
1/2 cup whipping cream
Sprinkles or cocoa powder, etc

Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Add the whipping cream and stir until smooth. Chill in the fridge for a few hours. Roll into balls and roll in sprinkles, cocoa powder, or I don't know, crushed peppermint or something. Whatever you want. (personally, I think chocolate sprinkles are the best, but any other long ones works)

@Mojack group

We made Quiche at my house recently, so I thought I’d share the recipe with everyone:

Ingredients

• Pie crust, homemade usually but not necessary
  • 2-3 cups of (your choice) as in what you want to put in, like spinach, zucchini, cheese, etc
  • 3/4 cup of milk
  • 5 eggs
    Put 1 cup into whatever cheese is at hand and split the rest into vegetables or meat or whatever additions you want. Sometimes we’ll use leftovers from other dinners which can produce many different quiches.

Directions

• Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius, or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  • In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients, milk and eggs
  • Stir in the additional
  • Pour into pie shell
  • Bake at 175 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes - 1 hour
  • Bring it out on a wire rack to cool for 5 to ten minutes before slicing (the time might depend on the size of the pie, for us we had a smaller one so it took less time)

@ccb group

i made pretty good chicken and rice today (my partner really liked it lol) so i'm gonna share the recipe here!

just get yourself a chicken breast and however much rice you want. cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces. marinate it in your spices (paprika and chili powder if you're me, and garlic powder, salt, and pepper always) and hot sauce (i used a little bit of frank's red hot and a little bit of sriracha). chop up some garlic and shallots. fry those bad boys in some oil, and while they’re sizzling get the rice cooking (put some salt and pepper and some of your spices in there too, and if you're feeling really fancy, mix some chicken broth in with your rice water). pan-fry your marinated chicken bites in the garlic and shallots, and once it's cooked through, pour some broth over it, then some more hot sauce, and some butter and milk and flour, and you have yourself… a whole new sauce?! when the rice is cooked put him in the pan with the chicken and then mix it all together, cover it all in your sauce, and you should have some decent chicken and rice! i always keep a couple frozen chicken breasts in the freezer so it's pretty economical all things considered

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

The only recipe I know from memory is these things called chia bites, they're basically no-bake peanut butter bars with chocolate chips and oats and (optional) chia seeds in them. Really easy and a great source of protein!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 cups oats
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 to 1/2 cup honey (I use less honey in the summer because the warm weather makes them kind of melt if you put in too much)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Put all ingredients in an 8' x 8' cooking pan (that's what I use, anyway)
Mix well and press down flat and smooth
Cover with plastic wrap and set in fridge to chill for I think two hours
Cut into smallish squares and eat at leisure (makes maybe 12-24 squares depending on how you cut them)

Pretty basic compared you guys's offerings, but maybe you'll find this useful anyway xD

@Pickles group

Dude this is the good stuff. Chocolate and peanut butter are chef's kiss
if you don't include the chia seeds, should you add more of something else to make up for it or will they be okay?