forum Final Fantasy VII
Started by @Yamatsu
tune

people_alt 49 followers

@Yamatsu

This game is already amazing, but the remake looks absolutely SPECTACULAR! I also think that Mark Hamill is voicing Don Corneo, according to the rumor-mill.

@Yamatsu

Sometime in early 2020, from what I know. The music is absolutely gorgeous, and the first game is set entirely within Midgar. They're adding a whole lot more stuff while keeping almost everything from the original game, including the cross-dressing and goofy squat minigame. This is gonna be so AWESOME!

@Yamatsu

I happened to see an article the other day mentioning that a planet-killing asteroid is on the way? And that it might hit in 2020?

The planet's dying, Meteor is coming, this is just like VII! Now all we need is for corporations to be causing all of this destruction and to be against any movement to save the planet and…

Oh.

@Yamatsu

OOOOOHH MY GOD! THE OPENING DROPPED AND IT LOOKS SICK!

The final shot literally pans around to behind Cloud's head and the game starts, according to a dude who played the E3 demo. Every trailer so far? Proof that this is a REAL FUCKEN VIDEO GAME.

@Yamatsu

I'm thinking about waiting for the inevitable PS5 port, mostly because I have a Switch already and if I'm gonna start a new library, I'm gonna wait until the newest (probably crazy expensive) hardware comes out.

@YukiSenoue group

I'm thinking about waiting for the inevitable PS5 port, mostly because I have a Switch already and if I'm gonna start a new library, I'm gonna wait until the newest (probably crazy expensive) hardware comes out.

The PS5 will have retro compatibility with at least the PS4

@YukiSenoue group

YES. Here's my lineup, then:
FFVII
Bloodborne
NieR: Automata
Monster Hunter World/Iceborne

Got all of them excluding ffvii, they're all great games.

I cried so much at NieR Automata ending

@Yamatsu

I saw the demo.

OH GOD!

I also saw a preview and a ton of "spoilers" for things that happen in Chapter 2.

OH GOD!!!

@Yamatsu

UPDATE: I'm mad because it's not turn-based.

UPDATE: You can make it sort-of turned-based. Everyone will auto-attack, you just need to activate skills and such like you're playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

@YukiSenoue group

I'm loving this game.
My ass is being handed to me - OG FFVII was so freaking easy, I went "eh, no biggie" to the remake, it is kicking me even in normal battles, LOL

@Anemone eco

Honestly, to me, the remake just feels too easy and… weird. I guess I'm just a bit bias, but I really do like the old game better. I actually found the old game to be much more of a challenge. Also, @YukiSenoue, what difficultly are you playing on?