forum Generic Character Chat in a Not So Generic Diner; Feel Free to Join In!!
Started by @ElderGodSwimwithGamers group
tune

people_alt 41 followers

@Spider-man

Finn and Poppy seem to just appear out of nowhere. "How the hell did we get here?" Finn asked looking around.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Hinata looked up from the counter she was standing behind.
"Hello, and welcome to Sun's Shadow Family Arcade and Diner!" She stepped out and walked over to the two.
"Do you need help?" She asked.

@Spider-man

"Umm yeah can you tell me exactly where we are?" Finn asked. the 4-year-old hid behind her older brother when she saw the stranger. The only time he ever traveled like that was when the coven or some other powerful witch summoned him but this place seemed human.

@Spider-man

"Oh, a pocket dimension yeah that makes perfect sense," Finn said with a dry laugh. as he did another person appeared next to him. It was a girl. She wore a gray shirt, baggy grey shorts that meet her knees and grey sneakers. Her arm had a black rectangular screen implanted in it. when she saw the other people she backed up and tried to process her surroundings. she didn't speak.

@Spider-man

Finn looked at the girl with a suspicious look. He didn't answer instead took out his phone only to find it wasn't working. Poppy's head popped up "Do you have chocolate?" she asked almost jumping in her place. Finn put the younger girl behind him.
The other girl, Ava, up when she heard about food but then shook her head softly knowing she couldnt be talking to her. She looked down at the screen on her arm and tapped it. it wouldn't turn on. She looked up again and at the people around her just now noticing the colors. they weren't wearing white or grey. "Where am I?" She asked practically whispering.

"First off: outside electronics don't work here without clearance, for safety reasons. Second off, yes, we have chocolate. Third off, you're in Refuge, a pocket-dimension that very few are granted access to, and specifically, you are in Sun's Shadow, my diner and arcade. Any more questions, while I'm at it?" Hinata smiled. She was a sucker for kids.

@Spider-man

Ava only recognized half the words she said. "yeah what is an arcade?" she asked tilting her head. She was pretty sure she was in a dream. She'd often dreamed of the old America and she kind of recognized the diner from history books.

@Spider-man

Poppy took the bar but Finn took it from her. "Hey!" she pouted. "I'm just checking it," he explained. He opened it and smelt it. it smelt like normal chocolate. no trace of a potion. He snapped off a square for himself before handing it back to poppy.

Hinata noticed what Finn said.
"Um… okay then." She was starting to understand that these kids had probably been through a lot.
"You want some food?" she asked, looking at Ava.

@Spider-man

"Like in Wreck-It Ralph!" Poppy said jumping up slightly. she took a bite of chocolate. Finn sighed. "How can we get home?" He asked.
Ava glanced at the machine. She definitely recognized it from somewhere. she turned back to the lady to answer her question but then realized she didn't know her name. "I'm sorry Ma'am but what's your name?"

@Spider-man

Poppy's smile widened and she ate some more chocolate. Finn racked his brain for a witch that goes by that name but he could find one. He thinks he might have seen 'balance-keeper' before. maybe in a lore book?
"Mz. Hayashi what type of food do you have?" she asked with a nervous smile.

@Spider-man

Ava hesitated for a second before following her to the counter. Finn picked up Poppy and followed out of boredom and curiosity. He still needed to find out how to get home.