forum (Opinions) What is the best video game of all time?
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 99 followers

Deleted user

So just share your own opinions on what is the greatest video game of all time, you can either explain yourself, or something like that. The only I don’t want to see is harassment, you can disagree and explain why just don’t be extremely rude.
Um I’ll start it off I guess.
In my personal opinion, I believe that Spyro Year Of The Dragon is the greatest game of all time. This game has an amazing soundtrack, that’s still played today by fan. Replay value, multiple playable characters, great levels although small, very responsive controls that feels like the player is always in control of Spyro, minimal glitches and bugs, an overall great experience! Spyro sure does show its age though, the polygons, the models, but it’s not that noticeable from the power of Sony’s PlayStation, it looks way better character and level design wise then Mario 64 and Sonic R. It looks like it could actually fit right in with PlayStation 2 in models somewhat in my opinion. This game ended a line of fantastic and successfully financial franchise we don’t talk about past Spyro 3, they’re the Bain of my exsistence. It might be my nastolgia of constantly playing the game, but who cares. Did I mention the soundtrack was composed by Steward Copland a former drummer on the band Police and some other guy I forgot? All the tracks are amazing, upbeat, and really give into the atmosphere of the stages and world. It has a pretty great Aline of characters, being an early title story wasn’t important. Spyro 3 had character development for a new character and the meme cheetah, more memeier then the Cheetos mascot, Hunter. All the characters are diverse and interesting, the villains are well written, and the reason for Spyro saving everyone seems natural.

Deleted user

Miitopia.

Examples of why…? Please…? Also I have the game and it was a fun experience, I replayed it three times, but after that I got tired of it oof. It’s a fun game, a great game, but the best game? I’m mixed.

@Becfromthedead group

Hmm…
So I'm not sure how to answer this exactly.
I really love Fire Emblem: Awakening. It gets a lot of hate for being the first FE game released in the US with casual mode, having some weird shipping stuff going on, the list continues, but I love that game so much. You can exploit a lot of game mechanisms by grinding, and get really fun broken units. Plus, hard classic mode gets high praise from me. Really fun game mode.
However, FE: Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is objectively a better game. It's a remake of Gaiden (FE2, if I'm not mistaken), and it's absolutely great. The gameplay style is very user-friendly and makes sense, and it balances out how broken magic was in some of the other games. In fact, I would say the game is pretty balanced overall; there aren't really any classes that I think are 100% irredeemable and terrible because of the way promotion works. Grinding is a lot easier than in other games, and it's actually kind of fun, and EXP spread is sooooo much easier to work with. Most, if not all units are usually usable. The game isn't easy, but there is casual mode, and a lot of the mechanisms that sometimes made gameplay in other FE games annoying were changed (I'm looking at you, weapons triangle!) On top of that, the music is awesome, the character designs are gorgeous, and the graphics are the best in the franchise so far (like seriously, I was so impressed. I freaked out when I started playing.)
So the Fire Emblem franchise wins for me, but some honorable mentions:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Stardew Valley, maybe Persona 5 (I'm working on my first playthrough right now, and I'm in love)

@Yamatsu

Devil May Cry 5 is the greatest action game without question.
The story is great, the playable characters feel wildly different and still work with the game's mechanics, the music is great, and there's just SO DAMN MUCH you can do when it comes to combat! Nero has his variety of Devil Breaker arms, V can summon demons to fight for him, and Dante not only has a large arsenal of crazy weapons, but they also function differently with the FOUR STYLES TO CHOOSE FROM. Every character looks good, plays good, and has a lot of story significance despite large stretches where you can only play as one character or another. There are plenty of secrets and fun story bits that warrant multiple playthroughs, and the harder modes make it more fun because you don't just tear through every fight and get to have fun with the combos.
None of the bosses are bad, the final boss is freaking AWESOME, and the game manages to be serious while also injecting the right amount of humor. It's DMC 3 and 4 mixed perfectly, and there's even a button on the home screen that gives you the short-n'-sweet of all four games (excluding DMC: Devil May Cry, we don't talk about that). Sure, a few things may need explaining here and there, but there are reports in-game that explain a whole lot for the uninitiated.

tldr: Get this game, you won't be disappointed.

@SaltyLasagna

The entire Legend of Zelda series, by far. From that series, I'm torn between Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Breath of the Wild

@Yamatsu

Also Monster Hunter World is something I'm addicted to

If you like that (and have a Switch), then you need to get Generations Ultimate! Granted, a lot of the quality-of-life changes that were made like seeing the weapons tree when making stuff and getting data on where to hit and with what aren't present, but we have a whole LOT more monsters, a rank above High Rank, a ton of free DLC and item packs that can get you off of the ground, and our endgame weapons don't look lame! However, it's not open-world, nor do you have things like the slinger or even the same Skill Points system. It's still great, though, and has my favorite monsters by far!

@SaltyLasagna

Also Monster Hunter World is something I'm addicted to

If you like that (and have a Switch), then you need to get Generations Ultimate! Granted, a lot of the quality-of-life changes that were made like seeing the weapons tree when making stuff and getting data on where to hit and with what aren't present, but we have a whole LOT more monsters, a rank above High Rank, a ton of free DLC and item packs that can get you off of the ground, and our endgame weapons don't look lame! However, it's not open-world, nor do you have things like the slinger or even the same Skill Points system. It's still great, though, and has my favorite monsters by far!

I actually have that game, plus 4 Ultimate, which is another one of my favorites.

@Mr.Misfit

I'd like to say Borderlands 2, but I get the feeling I'm not in that kinda croud, so I'll not bother explaining unless you insist.

CarlSpence

The time has come to update this thread, guys. Tbh, I'm still a HUGE fan of the FIFA game series. As for more serious games, Last of Us 2 has impressed me the most recently.

@Yamatsu

Kirby and The Forgotten Land! It is just, very good. And I like Kirby.

It manages to take all the good parts of Kirby and translates them to 3D flawlessly, it has a lot of secrets to find, and it also has some of the best music in the series. I think I might have to agree with you.