forum "You're The Only Ten-I-See" (Closed)
Started by @Rainy_is_back
tune

people_alt 67 followers

@ShadeStar

"It's a date then," Cicada beamed back at Phoenix. She finished up her lunch swiftly after, but she didn't move to get up at all. While having the promise of them seeing each other again was great, Cicada wanted to enjoy the time she had now. It may be the only time she has left with him. She tried to think of something else to say, "It's fine if you have to leave early on Sunday, it'll just be nice to spend time with you again."

@Rainy_is_back

Phoenix had started to get up when she spoke again. He had assumed they would get up and walk, but he wasn't gonna push if she seemed like she wanted to sit there. Sitting back in his spot, he smiled at her.
"I agree- we need to try and make sure to see each other more often, even if we're both busy. Five minutes is better than none at all."

@ShadeStar

"Yeah," Cicada nodded in agreement. She had seen Phoenix begin to stand up, but he sat back down pretty soon after. Cicada wasn't ready to get up yet given that she knew the moment they left the cafeteria, idiotic frat boys would probably try to make moves on her. That and she was enjoying just sitting here talking to Phoenix. She tapped her fingers on the table, "Hmm, maybe we could try and meet up from lunch or dinner everyday? That's something we both should be doing on a daily basis, right?"

@Rainy_is_back

(My brain has kinda stopped working- so I'm sorry it's not my best.)

"We do need to be eating- but I'm not sure I always can leave the house. If I'm in the middle of a paper, I probably need to get that finished first, y'know?" He shrugged, leaning against his palm with a soft sigh. "Though I'll admit I would much rather spend that time with you. But alas, I put too much money in school to flunk out, because I want to spend time with one of my favorite people."

@ShadeStar

"Haven't we all," Cicada laughed at Phoenix's statement about money. She hummed for a second as she thought about his statement. She snapped her fingers when she came up with a solution, "If you can't leave the house then I can just come over! I can bring food with me and we can just sit, eat, and do school shit."

@Rainy_is_back

Phoenix smiled softly, nodding his head a bit. "That's true- we can make that work. That is if you're up for it, of course." He adjusted his sitting so he could put his elbow on the table. When he had himself settled, he dropped his chin on his fist.

@ShadeStar

"I wouldn't have suggested it if I was up to doing it," Cicada replied a bright smile on her face. Finally, a plan for them to consistently spend time together. At least until Cicada's past and current actions caught up to her. Then all bets were off.

@Rainy_is_back

"That is very true," Phoenix laughed, tilting his head to the side a bit to study her. Something about the way her red hair framed her face so perfectly just softened his smile. If he had the patience for it, he would have counted the freckles spilled across her face, but figured that would be so time-consuming, and chose to admire how pretty they made her instead. "Has anyone told you how pretty you are?" He asked, not quite realizing he let the words slip out. He wasn't embarrassed by them though, it wasn't like he hadn't meant it.

@ShadeStar

"I, uh, no?" Cicada began to blush at Phoenix's words. Sure, people called her pretty all the time, but Cicada never really believed them since most were just trying to get closer to her. But how could she not believe Phoenix when he was looking at her like she was the prettiest thing in the world? She reached up and brushed a bit of hair behind her ear, though it quickly fell back into it's normal place, "But, uh, thank you?"

@Rainy_is_back

His smile grew a little more at her flustered state, and even more when her hair fell back to the same position as it had before. "Well, that's their loss. They just haven't seen the beauty I can. My mother always told me I had an eye for beautiful things- looks like she was right." With a wink, he dropped his arm to rest on the table. A slightly playful smirk tugged at his lips as he watched her go redder.

@ShadeStar

Cicada did indeed grow redder at Phoenix's flirtatious comments. She never could handle genuine compliments, or flirtatious remarks, since she wasn't used to receiving them. She simultaneously wanted to hide her face and run away. So Cicada took the smarter choice and slowly sank down in her chair as she let out a quiet, "I, uh, I guess?"

@Rainy_is_back

(Hey- I'm sorry I keep disappearing)

"Hey- you okay?" He asked softly, dropping his playful demeanor. It wasn't his intention to make her uncomfortable- and he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around him. He hesitated before reaching across the table for her hand. "Did I take that too far?"

@ShadeStar

Cicada let Phoenix take her hand and even gave his hand a little squeeze as she recomposed herself. Her face was still a bright shade of red, at least red for her, and she need to take a deep breath in and out before Cicada smiled over at him. She made sure everything about her was reassuring and she honestly found it sweet (and relieving) that Phoenix was checking in with her, "I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm just… Not used to being the one flirted with in a genuine manner."

@ShadeStar

(Ha. I keep doing the same thing so don't worry. The semester is draining all of my creative capacities and then also making me hyper focus on completely unnecessary things.)

@Rainy_is_back

(I feel that 100% haha)

His facial expression softened, and his shoulders relaxed when she reassured him that he hadn't made her terribly uncomfortable. Rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand, he gave a gentle smile to her. "I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable. You know you can tell me to stop if I ever do make you uncomfortable, right?" His tone was soft, like the rest of his features. Everything about him was truly genuine, and he had no reason to look like he had an ulterior motive for anything.

@ShadeStar

"I know that," Cicada replied as she squeezed his hand back before letting it go fully limp in Phoenix's hold. Her gaze ended up falling away from him and back to the table unable to handle so much sincerity coming from one person. Especially when that person was her significant other, "It's just, hard to forget that I can actually talk to you. Ya know?"