forum "5821" ((STALKERS WELCOME)) 1 on 1 w/CasualAssasin
Started by @someone_who_occasionally_writes_
tune

people_alt 54 followers

@cryptic-glitch

"Wait just a little bit. Just. Listen for a moment. Christ. You're going to get us both killed." They crouched down and pressed their ear to the door, ready to move away if there were any movement.

@cryptic-glitch

"Just take a moment and think before you act. Can you hear anything? Oh! C'mere. Use your bracelet thing. As light. And try to peek out the bottom of the door."

@someone_who_occasionally_writes_

Adam sighed and walked over, placing his face, hesitantly, on the moldy and gross floor to try and see what might be on the other side. He stuck his bracelet up the crack and squinted his eyes, not really seeing anything.
"I don't see anything, like, at all."
He stood up angrily.
"I say just open it and duck for cover."

@cryptic-glitch

"We could also be dead. I just want to be cautious, alright? If there's one thing I know, it's that deception is the best way to take advantage of someone." They followed him cautiously, eyes flickering back and forth.

"Ok ok sorry, I'm just, you know."
Adam took a few cautious steps before stopping.
"Where are we even going?" He whispered, thinking someone might be listening.

~~~

James smiled, watching as they finally exited the room. He would let them run around for a while, and figure out how they were connected, and why they were here before deciding to move.

For Rose

@cryptic-glitch

"I don't know. I don't know. I don't like this at all. I hate this, in fact. Let's be careful. There's someone here with us, I know that for sure." They glanced at him, then down the hall.

(I'm sorry I disappeared, I took an ACT yesterday)

"Let's look around for like, I don't know, a weapon or something. It looks like we're in a basement?"
Adam took a few steps in the darkness, well, it was dark but it was just light enough to see. He looked over and saw a row of closed doors, each different from the last. One pink, another metal, and so on. He frowned and turned to Orion.
"You see the doors right? I'm not going crazy?"

@cryptic-glitch

(dw about it!)
"Yes, I see the doors. And yes, you are going crazy." They crossed their arms. "Go on. What stupid idea are you gonna try now, hm?" Orion glanced at him, then at the doors.

"What do you think it means? Is it really a code?"
Adam babied his burned hand and squinted.
"It's gotta be important if it's here. And if the kidnapper took the time to rig the doorknob, and to give us bracelets, it's gotta mean something."

@cryptic-glitch

"School, I'd guess. I dunno. I was going home. But I locked myself out so I was going to have to go through the window." They shook their head.

Adam huffed, in frustration, fatigue, hunger, whatever it was. The caked mud on his shirt was drying, making him itch. His hand was hurting from the doorknob, and Adam had no clue where they were or how to escape.
The bracelet was making his wrist itch, which Adam overlooked, for the most part.
He stared at the number, trying to think of what it meant. He knew it had to have meant something. The braceltes were enough to prove that.
He brushed his fingers across the numbers, thinking about what could have brought him here.
And it hit him.

"May 8, 2021." Adam whispered.
"It's a date."

"Do you seriously not remember?"
Adam grabbed Orion's shoulder and spun them around.
"It may be a coincidence, but May 8 was when that one girl died, remember?"

Adam shuddered, memories flooding into his head.
He had been friends with the killer's cousin. They're not now, he had cut ties shortly after the trials, but he can still see his face.

@cryptic-glitch

"Don't touch me," they said sharply. Then as an afterthought, tacked on, "Please." They tipped their head. "I remember. A little bit. I only had to come in to testify about the weapon. Then they let me go."