forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by @EternallyEris
tune

people_alt 111 followers

@Oakiin

ohh that sucks :/ oh mood

Thanks anyways, if I had any authority, I'd absolutely be implementing those ideas haha :D

@Consider-PB_and_the_Jellies

can I just say how much I hate the phrase, "Don't go to bed angry."

It's so bad, like no, do go to bed angry. Your tired, meaning you'll have trouble thinking correctly and will make more issues and mistakes. Also you'll have time to think over it, and will think much more clearly, and can resolve the issue without fighting.

And that's todays Ted Talk by Pato.

@Oakiin

can I just say how much I hate the phrase, "Don't go to bed angry."

It's so bad, like no, do go to bed angry. Your tired, meaning you'll have trouble thinking correctly and will make more issues and mistakes. Also you'll have time to think over it, and will think much more clearly, and can resolve the issue without fighting.

And that's todays Ted Talk by Pato.

This ^^

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

just found out my baptism was invalid ✌️

i know this was 20 days ago but HEY SAME!
Not only was it invalid but there’s no proper record of it either because the priest was involved in a scandal (from my knowledge, the “scandal” was just that he was consensually with another man) and so we never got an actual certificate or whatever
it’s weirdly comforting to think about

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

oh uh. don’t think I ever told people on notebook directly
kinda left the catholic church. I spent so much time in my “debate everyone and everything no matter how wrong I am” phase that in trying to debunk other people’s religions, I found multiple things that also heavily debunk the things I was taught in my extreme branch of Catholicism, and after trying to convince myself “well that doesn’t count because I know my religion is true. Theirs isn’t cause they don’t have eucharistic miracles” for a year I’ve decided no, this is not at all true and I’ve been lied to my whole life

plus half those miracles I was so convinced by because they said a scientist had studied them? have only one source and that source is “trust me bro it happened I swear”

and also no matter how mistranslated the Bible is, there’s no way it’s not homophobic. at least not our bible. it literally supports slavery and pedophilia (but only if the victim is a woman) in multiple places, not supporting lgbt folks isn’t surprising, and since I can’t live a “homosexual lifestyle” and still be truly catholic in my church’s eyes, I’m not going to be catholic cause I didn’t spend all these years unpacking trauma and realizing just how much of a goddamn hopeless massive fucking homoromantic I am in one of the biggest turns of events ever imaginable just to give it all up and never find a gf, that’s ridiculous

(Edit: heavy disclaimer, not all catholics suck. just the ones I was raised with. i fully respect y’all regardless of your religious journey)

@ElderGod-Icefire

tbh i understand the people that are like "the bible was written for its time period, in which it was acceptable to own slaves" + in that time period, slaves were conquered peoples and it was based on whether their country had been conquered and not upon their skin color like more modern slavery. all that said, telling you how to treat your slaves does basically equal condoning it. so

(wanna clarify I am not excusing it! I am not giving the bible/christianity a free pass/excuse, I'm only saying that it does need to be viewed in its historical context just like other older works whether fictional or nonfictional)

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

It outlines how to treat your slaves. Not condoning slavery would be saying "slavery is bad DON'T FUCKING OWN PEOPLE"

Applause for courage whilst making a controversial point.
I said it could go both ways and I know what I'm talking about.

@berlioz

I'm happy for you Ella! You deserve the best and it's obvious that Catholic church isn't where that is for you. Congrats on leaving, and I hope the rest of our religious journey, or lack thereof, goes smoothly :)

@berlioz

For my two cents on Bible interpretation- it's a historical text that has unwavering context and implications. However, since it's also a religious text, it's up to believers to interpret the actual words of the Bible and discern how to implement those words into their lives, which is why everyone has a different take. No one is on the same page because there are so many invisible premises people gloss over.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

For my two cents on Bible interpretation- it's a historical text that has unwavering context and implications. However, since it's also a religious text, it's up to believers to interpret the actual words of the Bible and discern how to implement those words into their lives, which is why everyone has a different take. No one is on the same page because there are so many invisible premises people gloss over.

Good take

@actual-fandom-trash

okay i said i was gonna leave but i wanted to say something else first-
time is so weird
i was on here in middle school and i graduate next year.
if i remember correctly, several of the people i interacted with graduated or are graduating this year.
i also feel weirdly,, protective over some of you guys sometimes. not that anything would come from it but if i think about you i want to make sure nothing bad ever happens to you. i want to make sure you get the really good things in life you deserve. maybe it's because the time i was active on here was really bad for me but you guys were there as a sort of support but
either way, i feel that way about some of y'all

@actual-fandom-trash

on another note- tomorrow is eid (end of Ramadan) and I cannot wait for it to come
all I did was feel guilty the entire month because I didn't fast or pray but also knowing i'd feel bad if I did it too
religion is soooo fuckin weird man
you spend years unpacking all of the trauma and still feel oddly possessive and defensive about it
well that is my experience anyway
like, I've been targetted for my clothes and religion a lot so a lot of times I feel like I have to defend it from the islamophobes
but at the same time there is a part of me that is in slight agreement with them or is thinking horrible things about it too
the church itself is a part of me. there's no way to separate me and the culture of the church and every once in a while it feels like a good thing but other times I want to rip that part out.
I also recently found out that most people would consider my religion a cult which is so funny? apparently believing that one person is an angel incarnated and the only way to possibly atone for your sins is by pleasing him and doing whatever he says regardless of how weird or obscure his commands are
I found a reddit post about it actually, it's interesting and I'll link it cuz why not https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/comments/ncv4uz/the_dawoodi_bohra_community_is_actually_a_cult_an/
i will defend the church with my life while tearing it down brick by brick

@actual-fandom-trash

mmm
i like being able to say that

alright see y'all in the future perhaps
(also if you want to actually talk once in a while, I have a discord and an Instagram that I'm way more active on)

@ElderGod-Icefire

gonna be rude to SCOTUS about roe v wade. not getting into it bc we aren't allowed. google it. it's potentially getting overturned. i am literally shaking