I’m hungry, you’re probably hungry, why don’t we exchange some delicious recipes! Feel free to either make them at home or use them in a book.
American Chop Suey (Family recipe)
1 box of pasta (penne, bow tie, elbows, etc.)
2 lbs of 90% lean ground beef
1 Vidalia onion
2 cans of your preferred tomato sauce
Other ingredients: Salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, etc. to taste.
- Dice onion into small chunks
- Brown ground beef in a large frying pan, making sure to use a nonstick substance like Pam before browning the beef and moving around with a spatula.
- Drain the fat from the beef in a sieve over a large bowl and put the beef back in the pan
- Add onion in pan when beef is completely browned. Cook onions until they are browned as well.
- Add tomato sauce and turn the heat down to keep it warm.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain pasta and add on top of the rest of the dish.
- Either transfer into a large bowl or serving dish, or just take the pan and eat out of that.
Feel free to share any other recipes, this one takes less than half an hour!