usually half up, half down. sometimes in a braid
thick, goes down to just past her shoulders, and curls slightly at the ends
white (natural color)
pale, I guess
graceful, can swim really well (grew up living with water nymphs)
greatest fear: fire
wants to get revenge on the people who destroyed her village
She's a leap-before-you-look kind of person
Araluen was born to an elven peasant family. Her village was destroyed (burned down) by some unknown band of criminals when she was five. She was the only survivor.
A clan of water nymphs found her unconscious by their river, where she had fled in a daze. They took her in and raised her for about 10 years. On her 15th birthday, the same band of criminals chanced to come across the defenseless river nymphs and kill them all. This was purely coincidental, but it was too much for Araluen. She vowed to track down the murderers of both her families and punish them for what they'd done to her.
She trained to become an assassin for 4 years, until now, when the story takes place.
• Wears black with white and blue embellishments/embroidery (hem, neckline, some on the sleeves)
- dress: this but a little longer, maybe just past her knees?
- shoes: these
- Nymph women traditionally wear ear adornments such as this. The animal the jewelry was designed after depends on the family.
- hair is usually either braided back completely (messy French braid?) or half up, half down
• Always has a knife hidden somewhere (inside bodice, strapped to leg, tucked into boot, etc)
• water-themed but has the personality usually attributed to fiery people
• always looks angry