forum ꠸ꪀ ꪻꫝꫀ ᥇ꪖᥴᛕ ꪮᠻ ꪑꪗ ꪑ꠸ꪀᦔ. //OxO// Open
Started by @EtherealDreamer
tune

people_alt 82 followers

@AnxietyGremlin group

Quinn hesitated for a moment, before realizing Luna and Mei-lin would probably like to know where he was. "Yes please. My sister and my cousin are probably very worried." he said before giving Marco the contact info

@EtherealDreamer

Marco nodded once, sternly and stood up, making his way to the phone connected to the wall in the hallway, by the vending machines.

He called the first number and asked for Luna. He told her Quinn had been injuried at work, in a bombing. He told her slowly that he was okay, what his room number in the hospital was and what floor he was on. He then called the next number and asked for Mei-lin. He repeated the same thing he had said to Luna. When he hung up he put the phone back on the cradle and rested his forehead against it for a brief moment before walking back to Quinn's room and sitting in his chair again.

"Are you hungry?" Marco asked Quinn, raising a dark, thick eyebrow.

@AnxietyGremlin group

"Yea, but I'm not sure if it will hurt to eat" He replied. He really wanted to eat something. He was starving. He hated hospital food, but if it was all he could get he would eat it. He was simply happy to be alive. He hoped Mei-Lin and Luna would come see him

@EtherealDreamer

Marco stood up once again.
He bent down, touching his fingers as far on his legs as they would go and sighed as his back cracked.
"There's a vending machine." Machine was machene. "I can buy you good American snacks."

With that, he left, waking down to the vending machine and pulling his wallet from his pocket. He inserted five dollars, getting Quinn a large cinnamon bun, cheeze-itz, water and a bag of cheddar flavoured chips.
He then inserted another three dollars and bought himself a bag of chips and a bottle of water.
He then took the armful of food back to Quinn's room. He sat the food and bottle of water bought with the five on the foot of Quinn's bed, close enough so he could reach and took the singular bag of chips and water to his chair and sat down, opening the chips and beginning to eat.

@AnxietyGremlin group

"Thank you. I don't have my wallet right now but I'll pay you back. How much was it?" He asked, before opening the cinnamon bun and taking a bite. He took a sip of water afterwards and it felt like heaven. Like he hadn't had water in years.
(sorry it so short i have to leave rn)

@EtherealDreamer

Marco waved a hand at him and pursed his lips together before uncapping his own water and taking a long and steady drink from it.
"Not necessary." He said quietly, opening his bag of chips and eating one slowly. "I thought you might like sweets. Most people do. Are you American born?"

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

(Hey I'm sorry. I know it's been a really long time. A lot of stuff has happened in my personal life, to where i couldn't use this app at all. I also lost my account so i had to make a new one. If you want to pick our rp back up we can, if not it's okay)

@EtherealDreamer

(Yes of course! I'd be fine with that, I get it, life can make us pretty busy and such other things, but I'm fine with continuing this!)
(The last response was my own)

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

Quinn smiled warmly back at him. for some reason, he couldn't stop smiling. "Thank you but I insist. I'll pay you back as soon as I get out of here. And yes. I was born here, but I lived in Korea since I was 6. I came to America again when I was 17. What about you. Are you from Mexico, or like, South America. Not to assume but your accent sounds, Latino or like, spanish."

He took another sip of water and looked out the window. It was nice, to sit and have a peaceful conversation with some pleasant company

@EtherealDreamer

Marco nodded as Quinn spoke and finally stopped when he was sure the other male was done speaking.

"I'm half Mexican," he informed Quinn. "My accent is because I was born in Mexico, my mother was Mexican and my father was American, we moved here with my abuelita when I was 12."

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

"That's cool!" Quinn exclaimed. He thought it was so cool to talk to someone with similar experiences, even if they were wildly different in all other aspects. "So did the doctors tell you when I can leave or do i have to ask them?" Quinn questioned

@EtherealDreamer

Marco gave a grim smile, flexing the now thin and slender gash that ran from his left cheekbone to his upper lip.

"They wouldn't tell me because I'm not family." He revealed. "But they want to check me out too, stitch up my face, if I'm released before you, I'll wait until you can go home, no one wants to be stuck in a hospital alone."

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

"Thank you. I'll ask sometime tonight." Quinn said, smiling. He got up and stood still, bracing himself before he fell. He gained his balance and walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror. He hated the way he looked in a hospital gown. He was wearing two so he wouldn't be exposed. He gazed dejectedly at his reflection, tracing each and every healing scar on his face. He had one tracing from his cheekbone almost to his nose, tracing a long, slim line through his freckles. He also had a small one on his bottom lip, one above his eyebrow, and one tracing from the middle of his nose to the just underneath the middle of his eye. Tears welled up in his eye, and he fought them back. He went to sit back down as someone dropped something outside and made a loud banging sound. He stopped and looked around

@EtherealDreamer

Marco looked towards the door, seeing a nurse bending over to pick up some metal tools she had dropped.
He stood up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm gonna go check myself in," he said motioning to the gash on his own face. "Just wanted to make sure you were awake before I did."

He walked to the door then turned back and walked to Quinn, coercing him back into the hospital bed.
"You should rest, I will be back. Right after I'm cleared by the doctor I'll be in here, I think they'll keep you longer than me, you got pretty messed up by the debris and stuff."

He then pulled the sheet up over Quinn's legs and walked to the door again.
"Rest, I'll be back soon." He told Quinn from the doorway. "If anything happens, hit the call button for a nurse."
He then walked out, going to the desk and explaining his gash situation to the nurse, who nodded sympathetically and soon enough he was in a hospital gown, waiting for stitches.

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

Quinn smiled, rolled over and went to sleep. he tossed and turned for about thirty minutes, reliving the bombing in his dreams. Her shot up in the hospital bed, panicking. Sweat dripped down his face, along with tears. He sat there for a moment trying to calm down. He couldn't process who was in the room, if there even was anyone with him. Was Marco back, or was he alone. He cried for a second, and tried to take a few deep breaths

@EtherealDreamer

Once the stitches were done, Marco was given his clothes back and an ointment to constantly apply to his stitches, in order to help the skin heal.

He got dressed quickly, and walked slowly down the fluorescently lit hallway, towards Quinn's room. He quietly opened the door and slid inside.

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

Quinn looked around, coming down from the panic. He could see and process his surroundings at this point, and saw no one with him. He took a deep breath and Marco walked in. "Hey." He said as calmly as he could muster. He got up to look at his face. He wanted to know if it was noticeable, and more importantly, he didn't want Marco to notice. He didn't know why, after what the two had just gone through, but it hurt his pride to let another man, at that an attractive man, see the aftermath of a panic attack. "Did they give you stiches?" He asked from the bathroom as he examined his tear stained face

@EtherealDreamer

Marco sat down slowly in the chair by Quinn's hospital bed.
"Yeah," he said in a strained voice, he was exhausted, just wanted some sleep. "Kind of hurts a little, but I am fine."

"You should be sleeping." Marco said, looking towards the bathroom. "You need rest."

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

"I know. I was but i woke up." Quinn said before washing his face. He dried himself off and went to lay back down. he sat down on the bed and lied down. He sighed and rolled over, looking at Marco. "I'm going to go to bed. You should too" Quinn said before closing his eyes.
In truth, he was scared to go to sleep, but it was comforting to have Marco next to him.

@EtherealDreamer

Marco shrugged.
"Nightmares." He stated blandly, as if it were nothing new. "When I slept after the stitches, since it was on my face they gave me some kind of medicine that made me sleepy before so I wouldn't feel the pain that much, I had nightmares, so I might just skip sleeping."

He gave Quinn a slightly crooked smile.

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

Quinn responded, opening his eyes. "Me too. About the nightmares. I'm going to go ask when I'm getting discharged." He said, getting up and leaving the room. He walked up to the nurses station nervously, the anxiety building with every step. He then pushed down his nerves and spoke with the nurse.

When he came back, he looked at Marco with disdain. "They said they had to keep me for about a week. You know you can go home at any time and I wouldn't have any hard feelings. You've done enough for me. Not assuming you'd care." He added quickly so as not to potentially offend him.

@AnxietyGremlin2 group

Quinn was taken slightly aback. He'd expected Marco to jump at the first chance to leave. Not that he felt that Marco didn't care, he just thought that Marco didn't want to be here. "I don't know, i just thought you might want to go home. If i need someone here I could call my sister. Thank you. Before i forget" Quinn babbled, trying not to embarrass himself