forum Apocalypse 2214
tune

people_alt 75 followers

@EldritchHorror-Davadio health_and_safety emoji_events

(Okay. . . I need help here, house cats don’t live longer then 15 years on average, so for my cat to be a cyborg, he’d have to be at least 100, how would that work? Because I really dont want to be playing an old bag of bones that can’t even move.)

(Well, the Uplifted are genetically modified. So we can say they also live much longer lifespans. Maybe the cyborg bits are life support systems that increase it as well)

@RhysTheFirebird group

(Okay. . . I need help here, house cats don’t live longer then 15 years on average, so for my cat to be a cyborg, he’d have to be at least 100, how would that work? Because I really dont want to be playing an old bag of bones that can’t even move.)

(Well, the Uplifted are genetically modified. So we can say they also live much longer lifespans. Maybe the cyborg bits are life support systems that increase it as well)

(Mk, cool)

@Dayzed forum

(I also have a quick question before I proceed with making my character- are the CI's humanoid looking or are they just like machines, pure metal and all?)

(So, chassis can be anything you could house a computer mind in. It can look human, though things like synthetic skin would be hard to upkeep in a post-apocalyptic world. It can look more like a robot or droid, or like the Exos from Destiny. It can also inhabit just about anything that would allow it to keep the power on. CI with an old gasoline car as a body? Absolutely. So… its whatever you want, pretty much ;)

@Dayzed forum

(ooo i love that so much :00 it would be new for me to try and describe something like that but I'm a bit excited and up for the challenge)

@RhysTheFirebird group

(Appearance: He has onyx black fur, with a white nose, chin chest, belly and paws. His left ear is made from metal, due to an accident when he was younger. It has a microphone that translates every major language. His left eye is electronic as well, and he can see virtual overlays of the world, such as grid patters and the like. His front left arm/paw is a whole electronic leg, and the only add on is a plated armor and steel claws (retractable). His normal eye is a golden color.)
(Can you tell me if that’s good or not? I haven’t done a sci-fi in so long, lol. . . And it’s kinda hard for me to describe what’s in my head)

@Dayzed forum

(apologies for taking so long, I've been a bit out of it- not really doing well. also apologize for the length of this, I got a bit carried away and I'm not entirely sure if this is an accurate portrayal of what you were imagining, but if you would like for me to change anything, I'm more than happy to :)

Name: Chaerin Xai Ahn
Age: I'm not sure how old she would be, but she doesn't age so looks like the original model they designed her after
Species: CI
Clan/Tribe/Group: Not sure what to put here
Appearance: Rin's overall appearance includes the materials as follows: metal, flexible plastic-like skin, and even more solid plastic that is mostly hard shell to cover certain parts of her body, and ceramic and glass parts (though were kept to a minimum because of the nature of her job). Her face which used to be covered in human-like skin was torn off and replaced with a hard shell with the same soft plastic material for the rest of her body. Her face can separate into four main parts (think fnaf animatronics, or well, some of them). Though, her face looks more insect-like than human as she was one of the newer prototypes before everything went to hell. There are three parts, the biggest one containing her eyes and coming down to where human cheekbones would start, the other three pieces being smaller, one for the chin and the other two for the cheeks. The plastic used as a substitute for skin is completely white, though there seemed to be efforts to make it look more human but said attempts discolored after years- making it look more unnaturally white than anything else.

Her body is covered in soft skin-like plastic but her midsection where most of her machinery is, is see-through, the plastic around that part being a hard shell like her face to protect it- think, thick bulletproof material, it too can open up to access anything that needs fixing. Some of the soft plastic covering most of her body has been ripped off to show the hard interior which makes her look more the part of a machine, her protective shell underneath being see-through as the piece on her abdomen. Though, there's no need to replace it as it is not a necessity.

Rin has an hourglass shape, it's what they chose when she was built, the person she took after being a human woman who volunteered to have everything about her examined to create Rin to near perfection of what a human being was supposed to look like. She stands at 5'9" and weighs a ton, the accuracy of her weight is unknown but she is very very heavy given the metals, ceramics, and glass that occupy her insides.

Personality: At first glance she seems very neutral, not really emoting much (which she most certainly can do, just not like humans do), or seeming even to have opinions of her own. She doesn't stick her nose into things that do not concern her which makes her seem very reserved and kind of asocial, tending to take things on alone and head first. She has no hesitance when something needs to be done either for her own survival or for others who "deserve it". She has basic human morals as she grew up with a group of people who treated her well- like a human deserving of love. Over time, however, these teachings whittled down to more of her basic programming which is survival. Her human friend's words are always kept in the back of her mind but they aren't here anymore and she isn't particularly attached to anyone else- refusing to meet new people who could potentially be friendly and beneficial to her.
Background (optional): I think I'm going to leave this part out and write it out in the rp because everything is already really long.

(I suppose I should calrify the clan/group thing. I was mostly thinking that each of the three species has two forms: healthy and unhealthy. So Uplifted, CI and Human are the species, but you could be those three of Malware, Irradiated, or a Mutt.)
(However, that doesn't make a ton of sense. So. I'll add something momentarily to the original post)

@Dayzed forum

(Yeah, I thought we had to pick one of the infected ones and wasn’t sure if we could just play as one of the regular species, so I just chose one of the regulars and if that was wrong I was more than ready to change it lol)

@Dayzed forum

(i read it and all i have to say is you better guard your brain very well or someone might steal it soon :)) in all seriousness though, I'm like very very veryyy impressed with your worldbuilding, I just love the way you write and your ideas are so cool man :'))

@Dayzed forum

(yeah, sorry about that guys! i'm just not in the right headspace to continue rping at the moment and i apologize, I'm thinking of just stepping away from it altogether until i feel better)