forum Has anyone else read the Series of Unfortunate Events?
Started by rae
tune

people_alt 71 followers

rae

I read this series in fourth grade, and I can honestly say that it sparked my love of reading and writing.

@Mercury Beta Tester

Lemony Snicket (His real initials are D.H. - I'm not going to say his real name for now) wrote a prequel series called 'All the Wrong Questions' about his time as a VFD agent. The series reveals what VFD stands for!

Deleted user

Lemony Snicket is awesome! I love how he just goes on tangents during the story and it totally just FITS the writing style. There are many that it wouldn't, but it doesn't seem out of place when he says something like, "Now, if Klaus had been aware of the fact that blah blah blah blah, then he would have done things differently" (Not directly quoting the book there, just making something up that he might say), or "now, (blank) is a word that means blah blah blah…" etc. I found them to be very episodic and sometimes slow, but otherwise great.

@DuckDuck487

hello. I've only read the first book and half of the second because I somehow lost interest in the serie. I have watched the whole Netflix series, though

Deleted user

Haven't finished the Netflix show yet. How does it do in terms of adapting the book, and how is it in terms of a TV show?