forum Spam this with /unique/ and /not cliche/ shapeshifter aus!
Started by @blue_topaz
tune

people_alt 40 followers

@TheGoldenLegend

I feel the same way about shapeshifter novels. They can turn into animals and so on, no consequences. I stared a short story with two new writing buddy's, they're both a few years younger than me so I started them off with this type of genera.

When I thought about it, how the whole body of a human being could change into something it is definitely NOT, and do so within a few seconds, that gave me an idea for the book.
First- you can only change into one types of animals.
Second- It can take years to fully transform (Makes it interesting)
Third- You can NEVER go turn back into a human.

So it's more like a curse than a blessing

@Imperfect_Autumn group

Okay, so I have a superhero who has this power. She can only shapeshift into animals, and, although she doesn't know it, she can also do fantasy creatures (like a dragon or a Pegasus, for example).
The downside to her power is that, if she turns into anything smaller than a medium-sized dog, she passes out after a few minutes. If she turns into anything larger than a pony, the same thing happens.
It's not totally finished, there are still a few kinks that need to be worked out, I'm sure, but it's what I've got as of now.

@blue_topaz

@TheGoldenLegend that's such a cool idea! V unique and out of the box, that must have been quite the brainwave!
@AutumnBlaize I love it!

It's always interesting to see setbacks written into overused powers, and making the cliché unique

@Yamatsu

"I sneezed and a tail shot out of my back which knocked over your fancy vase but we cAN GET YOU ANOTHER ONE I'M SORRY!"

@Shadow_Knight group

Have them have stretch marks all over there body and their teeth slightly pointed. They could have weird animal habits. Have them still have something left over from there last transformation.

@subarashii-jellyfish

When you turn into an animal and turn back, you temporarily have the same mentality of that animal because you're readjusting to being normal again. Say, you were just a frog, so you grave flies for a couple of hours or days.

Sarah Stocking

Werewolves are a cliche of this genre, but what about the culture of werewolves? Like how females versus males react to the change, and if you're in a pack who has bail money for when someone gets picked up by animal control? If you can control the change, becoming an emotional support animal, or a dog at Reading with Rover or similar programs. Using your enhanced sense of smell to sniff out criminals or disease depending on your profession. Can you pick and choose perks of the change to manipulate without fully changing? Think Teen Wolf's werewolves where the nails change first, and can change without changing anything else, or how Simon from Written In Red can can smell who is dating who.

Deleted user

Transgender people who don't have enough money to go through the surgeries or having really homophobic parents going as their preferred gender when doing hero work because no one ever realizes that it's them

Deleted user

Transgender people who don't have enough money to go through the surgeries or having really homophobic parents going as their preferred gender when doing hero work because no one ever realizes that it's them

There's a book named "Dreadnuaght" That is pretty much this

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

I'm late, but I'm also crazy about shapeshifting lol XD
Y'all thought up some really cool ideas! For me, I've always been a little frustrated with the trope of "animal shapeshifters are always naked when they return to human form." Like, fanservice much? It seems pretty logical to me that if you're, say, wearing a shirt when you turn into a wolf, your shirt will integrate with your fur and then go back to being a shirt once you're in human form again. Kinda like how, if you make the mistake of not treating a grease stain before washing your shirt, it gets set in. The upside? Your clothes now grow with you and heal themselves if damaged. The downside? Your shirt may now be a part of your 'form', and be impossible to take off. Idk, that may not make any sense at all…..I have a species that is born in animal form, and when they start to learn how to become humans, they find an outfit and repeatedly change form while wearing it until it melds with their animal form and doesn't fall off as they're shifting. It's the only outfit they ever need ^^

Deleted user

really?? i'll check it out!

OOH I DID AND IT WAS SOOO GOOOOOOOOD