forum Please help me write a scene with a panic attack.
Started by @CW-BornConfuzzledLeftILoveYa
tune

people_alt 61 followers

@CW-BornConfuzzledLeftILoveYa

Not much.

It had been about 5 months since Otis’ last attack, but this was the worst it had ever been. Panic attacks. They had always been pretty bad, rolled into a ball crying, but this was horrible.

(thing before panic here)

And before long, the stress turned into panic. Otis melted into a puddle of anxiety on the floor, and his brain became useless.

I also need some triggers. He has Asperger's,if that helps :)

Deleted user

may be:
His breath hitched, he could feel his heart squeezing and the tears had overflowed

Deleted user

hm well, say he tries to think of something else but keeps going back to the anic

@shanimarie

I'm sorry this is so late but with my own panic attacks I cycle through being unable to breath and crying uncontrollable. Its loud and can scary people around me if they do not know that is what happens. I know I'm going through a panic attack but I can not stop it. Their is normally one thing that keeps circling in my mind that is the cause of the attack that I can not get to go away. I get shaky and want to curl up on my bed or on the floor, or clutch my stomach trying to get the feeling in the pit of it to go away. Sometimes I rock back and forth trying to release tensions and distract my mind. You can feel it for a little bit before normally, like something is wrong but you don't know yet what that is.
But also some people have silent panic attacks. They just sit their kinda paralyzed and in war with themselves mentally. They can have shallow breathing but it is not out of breath. These can go on for a lot longer as they are not quite as destructive to the feelings as crying and unable to breath. They will not wont to be around people here as much because people don't always see that something is wrong other then they seem off. But I don't have these kind, this is from a friends experience.
For my panic attacks friends have sat with me and rubbed my back until it passes or hugged me, reminding me to breath, just kinda saying comforting things. Those both help as I know I am not alone. Also hugging people really tight, heavy blankets, jackets that are really heavy, etc. can be really helpful because it make one feel comforted and have to focus on their breathing. For my friend with the silent Panic attacks she likes people to talk to her as a distraction.
I hope that helps. If you have more questions let me know!

@lemon-gummy group

Not much.

It had been about 5 months since Otis’ last attack, but this was the worst it had ever been. Panic attacks. They had always been pretty bad, rolled into a ball crying, but this was horrible.

(thing before panic here)

And before long, the stress turned into panic. Otis melted into a puddle of anxiety on the floor, and his brain became useless.

I also need some triggers. He has Asperger's,if that helps :)

hmm for me the most intense it going numb, shaking/twitching/etc and overall i could barely remember what i was even thinking about. stopped for 5 minutes then came back. after whenever i thought about it my stomach would do the weird jumpy thing.